Document Shredding - any CR Peeps have recommendations

TTQ B4U

I have about 65 boxes total but will only have the ability to sort through and bring about 5 banker boxes at a time.

What good places/recommendations do CR Peeps have on places that I can simply roll in with 5 boxes and not pay an arm and leg to simply have them shredded?

Thanks!

Is there any issues about burning them? I don't know if city ordinances allow a small fire pit but my family, we just burn them

Not an option. So far Allshred over on Westbelt is a go. $30 for the first 5 boxes, $4 for each additional. Wednesdays 8-11am

That would literally take days

Burning that much paper is not a good idea. Even when I do just a little bit, shit floats away still lit. 5 bankers boxes would take so long and be such a mess

Not in a burn barrel with a lid. I've burned boxes of paper before with no issue.

That sounds very reasonable IMO

Agree. So far I've not found anything better.

Come detail the truck and I'll burn them all for you while you're here lol.

I'll work back with you to get that truck done for sure. :thumbup:

BTW Erica's van turned out 85-90%. She was very pleased. I hope her husband, (Doug?)...can't recall, is as well. It was pretty bad. Rebar-meets 5yr old meets Gloss Black minivan.

Check City of Dublin, or wherever you live, Tim. There will often be a "Shred Day" in UA sponsored by some group or local business where you can bring docs to an Iron Mountain truck in a parking lot.

If you're supremely concerned with sensitivity, I recommend the burn pile...but you're going to be at it for awhile.

...and I would remind you that your personal information is pretty much public knowledge at this point, with all the data breaches. Check out the latest today. Ever had blood work done for a physical, check-up, or job application? Yup...Quest Diagnostics exposed your info.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Quest-Diagnostics-12-Million-People-Data-Breach-510754611.html

:fuuuu:

...and I would remind you that your personal information is pretty much public knowledge at this point, with all the data breaches. Check out the latest today. Ever had blood work done for a physical, check-up, or job application? Yup...Quest Diagnostics exposed your info.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Quest-Diagnostics-12-Million-People-Data-Breach-510754611.html

:fuuuu:

Quest said AMCA did not have access to actual lab test results

Don't worry, they only have your bank account, credit and SS number...so no biggie.

...and I would remind you that your personal information is pretty much public knowledge at this point, with all the data breaches

for a fun filled list of how many companies have fucked up and leaked your info, enter your email here (safe, not spam, etc)

https://haveibeenpwned.com/