Computer Monitor Recommendations

TimTaylor751647545500

I've recently accepted a new position within my company which is a remote, work from home gig. Now I'm starting to look for a dual monitor setup for my home office. I'd like to go with 22"+ Anyone have a recommendation for decent, affordable options? I use 3 Acer V226WL's at work, and those seem decent, but think I'd like a little larger viewing.

Thanks!

I picked up a nice 34" curved LG at MicroCenter and love it. No need for two monitors when the super high resolution 34" size can fit 4-6 MS Word Pages across the monitor at full 100% zoom. Spreadsheets are a breeze too.

YMMV but I love it. I did have to upgrade my graphics card but it was in need too.

22 are practically postage stamp size in 2019.

I recommend some Dell 27 inchers if you don't go with a curved display. Very affordable for 1080p ones if thats what you want, but I am a huge fan of the 27 inch 1440p displays they have. Great for productivity.

Still though, curved displays are where things are going ultimately.

Buy projector + wireless keyboard/mouse. You'd have a whole wall has your screen then.

I have a whole spare bedroom set-up this way. Easier on the eyes and less wires. I know not for everyone...

We are moving towards the ~34" curved screens at work; I got one last year and am IN LOVE with it. As they are trickling in people have the choice of 2-24" monitors or 1-34"... not many people are choosing dual monitors. Being able to put 2 whatever's (spread sheet, ppt, data-trace, etc.) next to each other on the same screen and they are each larger than my laptop screen is game changing. Then, with your laptop docked as a 3rd minor document or even just file explorer(s) is just icing on the cake.

I have some Dell xyz123. I'm sure everyone is making a decent version of this right now.

I picked up a nice 34" curved LG at MicroCenter and love it. No need for two monitors when the super high resolution 34" size can fit 4-6 MS Word Pages across the monitor at full 100% zoom. Spreadsheets are a breeze too.

YMMV but I love it. I did have to upgrade my graphics card but it was in need too.

I have a Z35 ultrawide. It’s awesome.

Get some LG UltraWide Monitors and never looks back. I have two 29 inch UltraWide Monitors and have really loved the aspect of them. I picked them up each for $299 on sale... they pop up every now and then at Microcenter. I want to upgrade to the larger ones, but you will be pushing a LOT of pixels my friend. MAKE SURE YOUR GPU AND RUN HIGH RESOLUTION DISPLAYS. It's really easy to forget this when buying a new Monitor. The higher you go, the more pixels you push, idc if you are only working in Word or Excel, you will notice the performance hit.

One thing I would change about my current setup is that the default stands that the monitors come on are very cheep and flimsy. I would also invest a little in some wall mounts or arms to hold your monitors on. Microcenter has a few demo units on the floor.

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29UM58-P-ultrawide-monitor

I run two 32" TV's as monitors, one I had laying around and the other I picked up cheap at walmart. They serve their purpose well and do everything from running my business to any gaming I plan to do. I even stream the xbox from the living room via windows so its not like I'm playing solitare;)