Street Car Takeover

Cordell

So looks like this is happening in a few weeks. Friday night at Carlyle’s and then Saturday at Trails for racing.

Anyone going? Anyone actually going to participate?

I’m thinking about it, kind of on the fence about racing. Not like either of my cars would be competitive anyway.

Anyone ever gone to one of these events? Looks like some test and tune mixed in, is it worth it? Thoughts opinions?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be at the pre party the night before at Carlyle, it's right down the road for us and there was a very impressive turn out last year. The day of racing is pretty fun as well, lots of bigger fish come in from around the region for the event and 1320 Video comes to film as well.

We'll be running the IS300 in the Roll Racing Street class this year

I wont be there this year, they didnt announce the dates until a few weeks back. I've been booked for the london cobra show friday night cruise in at the Crowne Plaza in dublin. We are serving 3/9 if anyone wants to come check out the cobras and grab some bbq.

The Pre party even for those who don't want to go out and handle the track turned out really well last year. Ended up with easily 400+ cars through the evening scattered all over the place with music food vendors and even a few dyno pulls. Worth a free stop by for anyone in the neighborhood.

I looked at the schedule for race day last night.

Basically gates open at 9 for racers. Roll racing from noon-4. T&T from 4-6 for drag racing. 6-11 for eliminations. Anyone know if we can come in like at noon and not have to wait 7 hours to race or does the registration close at a certain time?

I'm planning on going out to Carlyle's on Friday. Going to run the 11.0 class and the 140 mph max roll race class.

Really considering doing the same. The roll race class for sure. Wish I had some decent drag radials that fit the Corvette, hate to buy some I don't really plan to use.

I'll be at both again this year. Last year I may hav ebeen the last to Dyno since they had to switch to AWD. Hope you stayed, cause it was worth the wait! Unfortuanly I did go to a smaller turbo for this event, but I will still try to crack 4 Digit WHP for the paporatzi. :)

I'd like to do roll racing, maybe TnT. I am NOT doing that Street racer class- only because the organizing-mapping, and street drive (Easily 40+ miles) took out 2 hours of my day. What a waste!! Especially after the Roll racing was rained out.

I avoided the stick shift class because there was 2 7 second cars, and a pile of 8 second cars. The stick shift class was the fastest class that day! No joke- but I may do it just to avoid the long street drive BS

I wont be there this year, they didnt announce the dates until a few weeks back. \.

Dates have been out since beginning of the year, but their web site does suck. The Friday dyno day is LEGIT and goes late. Come out when your done hanging out with the old folk. ;)

Yes, I was really looking forward to Friday so that’s good. Hopefully some runs Saturday either way I’ll be happy to do something.

It's early still so all of Saturday could change. As of now they are calling for rain later in the day, just no time associated with it yet. The problem is that's when the majority of the drag racing competition is going to be. If you're going to roll race or just test you might be fine as of right now.

I'm still going to try and get my car ready and see what it says later in the week. I have a family thing early in the day on Saturday so that will play into what I can do :(

It's early still so all of Saturday could change. As of now they are calling for rain later in the day, just no time associated with it yet. The problem is that's when the majority of the drag racing competition is going to be. If you're going to roll race or just test you might be fine as of right now.

I'm still going to try and get my car ready and see what it says later in the week. I have a family thing early in the day on Saturday so that will play into what I can do :(

Yeah, the best part might not happen. However, Friday will be nuts. Mark will have people parking on the main road this year, instead of just the access road :lol:

Looked at 3 different weather forecasts for Saturday and they're all different :lolguy:

I've got my bottles filled and will put the interior back in the car tonight. I'll see what the weather says Friday before I make the call and put the car in the box for Saturday morning.

Looked at 3 different weather forecasts for Saturday and they're all different :lolguy:

I've got my bottles filled and will put the interior back in the car tonight. I'll see what the weather says Friday before I make the call and put the car in the box for Saturday morning.

Fuck it. Send it!!! Haha. How much spray you running?...ALL OF IT :lol: