Street Car Takeover

Cordell

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather looking excellent today, and decent tomorrow. Looking good to me, excited to be out.

Yep, I'll be dropping the truck and trailer off in the morning at the track, going to my niece's first birthday party, then I'll be back to race in the afternoon.

Anyone who didn’t go missed out. Last night at Carlyle’s was fun. Lots of people I haven’t seen in a few years. Roll racing was fun, much better then riding that keyboard. Lots of cool cars and a cool event. I look forward to doing more of this.

Not sure on the mexico stuff. I left at 8 as I didn't get past the first round in the 12.00 class.

Ended up going 12.2, 12.2, 12.2. yay.

You reeled in and embarrassed a $100,000 Z06... I would call that a serious win on the day!

Once again our resident racer Mike, aka 86GT, did some work at the track. He finished runner up in the stick shift class. Unfortunately, he shredded his accessory belt before the final and it took out a CO2 line, so he couldn't race for the win.

Plenty of other good racing took place too. The small tire final was silly. The white supra and the firebird were both stupid fast cars. Had to see that one.

It was also good to see other guys out racing and having a good time.

Once again our resident racer Mike, aka 86GT, did some work at the track. He finished runner up in the stick shift class. Unfortunately, he shredded his accessory belt before the final and it took out a CO2 line, so he couldn't race for the win.

Plenty of other good racing took place too. The small tire final was silly. The white supra and the firebird were both stupid fast cars. Had to see that one.

It was also good to see other guys out racing and having a good time.

Yes, Congrats to Mike!

Good seeing you Dave, it had been awhile!

Just posted the extended edition of the video from SCT with basically all useful footage we got, it's long but we tried to include every possible run. Definitely some highlights from a few CR members in there.

Cool video sir, thanks for putting it together.

Cool video sir, thanks for putting it together.

No problem, didn't do anything overly flowery or exciting with the edits just wanted to put something out there for all those who came out and made passes. LONG day of filming and a whole lot of clips together but hopefully it's something those who made passes can look at :)

Once again our resident racer Mike, aka 86GT, did some work at the track. He finished runner up in the stick shift class. .

Nice to see a bunch of old faces, and some new ones!

What kind of times was mike running? I dropped out of the stick shift class after I shredded 4th in the roll racing finals. :(

What kind of times was mike running? I dropped out of the stick shift class after I shredded 4th in the roll racing finals. :(

Wanna see a real old face? Build a fast Tercel. I'll come watch ya then. :lol:

He went 9.01@167 in the semis. Car that won ran 8.06 the one pass and 8.13@184 in the final.

There was one there with a JDM turbo on it!

HOT Dam!!

White LT1 turbo Z28 went 8.3x@176 a couple of times. Jon with the 2JZ 240 was going 8 0h's, but went red in the 2nd round. It was a really ridiculously quick and fast field. Fun to watch for sure.

White LT1 turbo Z28 went 8.3x@176 a couple of times. Jon with the 2JZ 240 was going 8 0h's, but went red in the 2nd round. It was a really ridiculously quick and fast field. Fun to watch for sure.

It was as fast or faster last year with a few 8 sec Honda and 3 cars capable of 7s. Nuts! Thats why I did 9.5 index last year. Competition was thick

There were a few big dogs last year that didn't show up this year, I know of at least 2 7 second capable cars that won't come back to Trails because of traction/wiggle issues on the track surface.

All in all though, really good day of racing!