Another Clay Thread

PRD2BDF

So I'm tossing the idea of getting rid of the Durango. Reasons: I really don't use all of its capacities and I put about 40k a year on any vehicle I own.

So I'm curious to see what you guys recommend for a replacemrnt if I decide to commit.

Requirements:

1. Must have personality, the Durango extrudes personality

2. Fun to drive

3. Low cost of operation

4. Roomy, I'm 6'5" and often haul stuff inside

5. GT likeness (I love to roadtrip)

6. Bonus if it's lower payment (currently pay 320)

The standard applies: reliable is a key

I love the roominess (I'm 6'4", 275) and comfort of my Charger, the 392 HEMI also makes it not suck so much to commute in. They look good IMHO and have personality, too. I also considered the CTS-V back in 2014 when I was buying, but went with the Charger bc looks and price.

“Durango exudes personality”?

I also agree...a used Charger seems like a good option. What you trade off in reliability, you make up for in a platform that will have cheap parts/servicing.

If you’ve broken the seal on an automatic, why not check out a Cadillac or Lincoln?

EDIT: can’t go wrong with Infiniti Q-series, M-series used...

Edited by zeitgeist57

Thats the thing... to most everyone on here the Durango probably only hits point #4.

If you are implying it hits all those points then its going to be tough to get suggestions.

I get it though....to me this FJ hits all those marks pretty well lol.

I also agree...a used Charger seems like a good option. What you trade off in reliability, you make up for in a platform that will have cheap parts/servicing.

If you’ve broken the seal on an automatic, why not check out a Cadillac or Lincoln?

EDIT: can’t go wrong with Infiniti Q-series, M-series used...

Yes, Clay, the Durango extrudes personality. Name one SUV that looks like it. It's not one of these generic SUVs.

Adam, you're correct, the Durango does not hit all of these requirements, but it does meet some of them. The requirements are for my next car if I do head in that direction.

Mitch, good point, I forgot to add the AWD requirement, I do commute 100+ miles a day in the country where the roads are "plowed" (air quotations, think Dr. Evil).

a WRX is just too small for my preference, I like big cars and I cannot lie.

the Durango extrudes personality

Yes, Clay, the Durango extrudes personality.

The personality of the Durango is heated up and forced through a shaped opening.

:lol:

The AWD Charger only came with the 5.7L HEMI, not the 392 (6.4L), but for what you want and the mileage you'll put on it, that would still get my vote. It checks all your boxes. They currently don't make the AWD with V8 anymore (2014 was the last year), only V6 now with AWD. Edited by BuckeyeROC

The AWD Charger only came with the 5.7L HEMI, not the 392 (6.4L), but for what you want and the mileage you'll put on it, that would still get my vote. It checks all your boxes. They currently don't make the AWD with V8 anymore (2014 was the last year), only V6 now with AWD.
The AWD HEMI was/is only available on the 5 speed auto. After the 2015 refresh retail Chargers are only available with the 8 speed, but they still make the 5 speed/HEMI/AWD for police (with a column shifter).

OP: Didn't you want to tow a camper with the Durango? Is that still a requirement?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Whats with all the BMW suggestions? Seems a bit...Garden Variety IMO

Challenger is a nice big car that get surprising MPG on the highway, worth looking into

I like where Ryan is going with the M56, but I am a fan of the G37. Surprisingly fast, luxury, and exciting (imo)

Outside of that, Audi A5 or if you are willing to throw out the "personality" part, the Cadillac CTS line is actually a good choice...now here me out. Leather everything, heated/cooled seats, loaded with tech, Nav System, and optional sunroof all for under $20K. It might not be the most exciting thing in the world... BUT the features are why I say its worth a look IMO.

I honestly love out infiniti g35. dead reliable and can still boogie when needed to clear traffic. The only downside is almost all parts for it, the infiniti dealership has to order from chicago and gets there next day.