College Football Thread 2019

Mitch

Seent on the Book of Faces:

Been shouting this for awhile now.

Bowl record? Lol do people really care about how Ole Miss or Kentucky fare in their bowl games?

Maybe you should shout about all those national championships the SEC has won in the last decade or two. I think that's far more important than who won the little caesars liberty bowl.

Also, this.....

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/sec/big10.shtml

In case you missed it, the SEC is 27-16 vs. the B1G this decade. But but but the B1G is betters!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I hate defending the SEC because I truly hate so many SEC teams, but you Buckeye homers make it too easy. There must be something in the OSU fan handbook that says you need to constantly bitch about a superior conference. That SEC "love" and "hype" and "bias" is there for a legitimate reason.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the guy who roots for an SEC team that's not 'Bama. :lol:

In case you missed it, the SEC is 27-16 vs. the B1G this decade. But but but the B1G is betters!!!!!!

I hate defending the SEC because I truly hate so many SEC teams, but you Buckeye homers make it too easy. There must be something in the OSU fan handbook that says you need to constantly bitch about a superior conference. That SEC "love" and "hype" and "bias" is there for a legitimate reason.

:lolguy: Triggered.

Actually, here was one of my replies in the very convo that post sparked:

No, I don't believe anyone said 'Bama was weak because of the SEC. If so I missed it.

I said 'Bama has struggled at times against a weak schedule, specifically a comedic OOC schedule, but that's factual.

On the topic of number of NC's, how far back do we want to go? Do we want to discuss locations of said games and the teams in each one? Aside from 'Bama I cannot think of any other team that has been as dominant in the last decade or two as a TEAM. LSU and UF have won, but neither are consistently relevant. They have flashes but that's about it and when they're bad they're pretty bad.

So, realistically, I say 'Bama has bragging rights if discussing wins, NC's, historical relevancy, legendary players and coaches (as do a few others), and I would argue that the only other team also historically and consistently relevant year in and year out but lacking in the number of NC's as of late is tOSU.

tOSU has, as of my last time checking, more NFL players currently in the league than anyone, a butt ton of award winners, winning seasons, Heisman winners, legendary coaches in the HoF, no losing regular seasons in the last 100 years or something, etc and so forth.

I actually wrote a collegiate paper on why, as much as they (or maybe their zealous fans) are hated, that Ohio State is one of, if not the, greatest college football program of all time. It involved a metric butt ton of research hours and some things I learned I tried to disprove (like how Tressel had a better win percentage than any other coach while at the school their most known for other than Knute Rockne at ND. That included Bear Bryant, Joe Pa, Bowden, Bo, Woody, and MANY other legends).

Whether facts are liked or not does not discredit them.

I say all of that as not just a fan of OSU but of college football in general. I have mad respect for the likes of Saban at 'Bama, and I also have disdain for their dominance in the last decade. One part of that equation is the realist in me, the other is the tOSU fan. The key is knowing me and that I can speak from/see both sides of that coin.

I respect TTUN historically, respect all Bo did there, respect how Carr dominated Cooper, and at the same time LOVE seeing them lose to App State and things like that.

I jokingly say a lot and I give *UF fan friend* a lot of crap but in the end I can call a spade a spade. I can admit that the Hurricanes scared the crap out of me in 2002. I can admit that the back to back NCG losses to UF and LSU SUUUUUUUCKED, but I will also throw up a huge BS flag when folks claim things with blinders on or merely out of disgust for tOSU...even if that person is *OSU fan friend* and it's my beloved Buckeyes we're talking about. Ask him. I've told him he's a ridiculous homer at times. LOL

Anyway, I forget what we were originally talking about, but there ya go.

So maybe simmer a bit before assuming anything, k? ;)

Sincerely,

"You Buckeye Homer"

Now, go back to rooting for your team. We all know that Lauren's wife's team carries the conference anyway. :lolguy:

Hmmm...she must also carry his purse and won't allow him to get the cash to pay his debts.

Bowl record? Lol do people really care about how Ole Miss or Kentucky fare in their bowl games?

In case you missed it, the SEC is 27-16 vs. the B1G this decade.

Wait...so are we caring or not about all the Ole Miss's's's, Kentucky's, Purdue's, and Iowa's and how they fare?

Florida records for the previous decade:

2009: 13–1

2010: 8–5

2011: 7–6

2012: 11–2

2013: 4–8

2014: 7–5

2015: 10–4

2016: 9–4

2017: 4–7

2018: 10–3

TOTAL: 83-45

Ohio State records for the previous decade:

2009: 11-2

2010: 12-1

2011: 6-7

2012: 12-0

2013: 12-2

2014: 14-1

2015: 12-1

2016: 11-2

2017: 12-2

2018: 13-1

TOTAL: 115-19

And that, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is why fans of any SEC other than 'Bama want to ride their coattails. :gabe:

You're over thinking it Randy. Take the 3 or 4 or 5 best teams from any conference, compare them, and the SEC will win the conversation every time. Them's the breaks until the rest of the B1G wakes up. Nobody is arguing against OSU's greatness. It's the Michigans and Michigan States and Nebraskas that aren't pulling their weight.

I just don't understand why people bitch about other conferences so much. If they don't understand why the SEC is perceived as the best conference, then they haven't been paying attention.

Oh, I'm not over thinking it. I'm comparing teams...mainly just for kicks and giggles. :)

I agree and it's unfortunate that TTUN as of late and the likes of TTUN Jr. and Nebraska aren't as good as they once were.

I think 'Bama has been amazing. To deny so would be asinine. The rest are flashes in the pan.

Penn State doesn't even try to help their tackle block the best defender in college football. No TE or RB helping, no chipping, sure just let Young get in the backfield every play. Dipshits.

Glad to see OSU win. I never liked Penn State, even before we knew their precious Paterno ignored his assistant coach molesting dozens of children

Penn State doesn't even try to help their tackle block the best defender in college football. No TE or RB helping, no chipping, sure just let Young get in the backfield every play. Dipshits.

Glad to see OSU win. I never liked Penn State, even before we knew their precious Paterno ignored his assistant coach molesting dozens of children

They double teamed him several times.

Chase Young. Not Pedo State U and their staff vs children. Well, they may have as well actually.

Played a terrible game, left at least 14 points on the board, and gave up 2 turnovers for 10 points. A few flashes of brilliance here and there, but not a good game. Yet the game was never in question. It just wasn’t. This is a game they would have lost easily the last 2-3 years.