College Football Thread 2019

Mitch

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone in the top 4 handles business this week and next, 'Bama could be left out of the playoff and that would be glorious. I do not see them getting in over a 1 loss Conference Champion in Oklahoma or Utah. LSU and UGA will knock one or the other out in the SEC Championship, Clemson and OSU are a lock unless either lose their Championship games which is unlikely. So my prediction for the final rankings are:

1. OSU

2. LSU/UGA (Probably LSU though)

3. Clemson

4. Utah/Oklahoma

5. Utah/Oklahoma

6. 'Bama

I think this committee will put more emphasis on Conference Champions than they have done in the past. Plus 'Bama's resume just isn't as strong.

It would be a hard decision, LSU has played like they earn a spot. However, I have a hard time thinking the committee would put a 1 loss non-champion in over a 1 loss champion. Strangers things have happened though. I guess the mythical SEC "good" loss would play a factor though.

It would be a hard decision, LSU has played like they earn a spot. However, I have a hard time thinking the committee would put a 1 loss non-champion in over a 1 loss champion. Strangers things have happened though. I guess the mythical SEC "good" loss would play a factor though.

Not over, necessarily, but both in. UGA ould be #2 and LSU #4 for example. I was also thinking "what if" in a scenario where Minn won out (oops) would they as a one loss conf champ get in as well as tOSU if LSU beat UGA?

Obv there's a lot of factors in play. Just thoughts that were rolling around in my head earlier today.

Well Bama just lost so they are definitely out of it. Ohio State crushes Michigan and Bama loses! It must be Christmas!

Downright majestic. Makes me wish even more that Lauren would have manned up, paid his bets, and been talking his nonsense all season. :lol:

saban...what a cry ass...he didn't get a call he didn't deserve

boo...f'ing..hooo

OUT coached

That was honestly the first Bama game in the Saban era that I can remember where the refs weren't decidedly helping Bama in a close game. Usually it's in the form of NOT calling an obvious holding or PI call against Bama or calling one of those against a Bama opponent at a key time. It happened for UGA vs Texas A&M last week, too.

I really enjoyed watching OSU this game. Kept it generally entertaining by playing hard as they could against our best players, while our ‘other’ players got to see some spotlight moments. I was actually a bit bummed TTUN kept fucking stuff up, but it just shows how much they suck.