RIP Jessi Combs

nurkvinny

https://jalopnik.com/fastest-woman-on-four-wheels-jessi-combs-killed-in-jet-1837654356

Ugh, just read this as well. She was a GREAT personality when I saw her on TV (back when that was a thing 10+ years ago) and enjoyed her on cameos around YouTube. Died way too young. Very sad indeed. :(

She did a ton for women in the auto-motorsports/aftermarket industry in her 36 years. Respect.

Well, it appears she was up in Oregon doing this because the contraption she was in doesn't pass tech for any land speed sanctioning body. It also didn't have a roll cage and was basically a fighter jet turned into a car.
[emoji32]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, it appears she was up in Oregon doing this because the contraption she was in doesn't pass tech for any land speed sanctioning body. It also didn't have a roll cage and was basically a fighter jet turned into a car.

wow. hindsight is pretty clear but what a dumb way to go fast.

wow. hindsight is pretty clear but what a dumb way to go fast.

Every hardcore racer I know understands the risks we take. It's your job as a racer to limit risks and getting into an unsafe vehicle for the speed you plan to go is a problem.

I've turned into a huge safety freak after spending so much time at the track. I've seen some really bad stuff happen and people get hurt because they didn't do what was needed to be safe.

You never think it will happen to you, but you need to be ready in case it does.

There's also video of the crash and everything that went down, I don't know if that will ever see the light of day.

I really hope it doesn't to be honest. The raw level of emotions that you see around a bad crash is really difficult to experience.

There are some media people who try to run down to a crash to get pictures or video right away, I walk the other direction because it really can be rough. Seeing friends get cut out of cars or loaded onto a stretcher and into the meat wagon sucks.

There's also video of the crash and everything that went down, I don't know if that will ever see the light of day.

I really hope it doesn't to be honest. The raw level of emotions that you see around a bad crash is really difficult to experience.

There are some media people who try to run down to a crash to get pictures or video right away, I walk the other direction because it really can be rough. Seeing friends get cut out of cars or loaded onto a stretcher and into the meat wagon sucks.

TMZ and other outlets exist because people will pay to see that sort of video. :(

It’s a shame, but she was a grown woman who chose to get in and fuckin send it. I saw a quote where someone called her crazy and see said thanks. I don’t feel bad for her, I’m glad she died doing what she wanted to do. If I climb into some death trap and decide to fucking send it, then don’t feel bad for me either because I wanted to do it. I hope she rests in piece.

It’s a shame, but she was a grown woman who chose to get in and fuckin send it. I saw a quote where someone called her crazy and see said thanks. I don’t feel bad for her, I’m glad she died doing what she wanted to do. If I climb into some death trap and decide to fucking send it, then don’t feel bad for me either because I wanted to do it. I hope she rests in piece.

I think that's why her BF was quick to post on Twitter that, to paraphrase, "there's going to be a lot coming out in the news about what happened". Everyone is quick to Monday-morning QB how/why it happened.

• 2 months later...