2017 Jaguar XJ in Portofino Blue Metallic gets Coated

TTQ B4U

So a friend of mine, Steve who brought his wife's MBZ over last weekend couldn't wait for his "blue suite" to get a cleaned up and coated so he booked this past weekend to make that happen.

He bought the car just a couple years back but has never had it fully detailed and corrected. Over just a short time the car became covered in moderate swirls and had a few random scratches that needed addressed. It looked great clean but never really "stood out" in the crowed in terms of how the paint really appears. It's a beautiful blue metallic and while mother nature really didn't cooperate with me for pics I hope what pics I do have do it justice.

I did come in needing some love but left with nearly perfect paint. He chose to go with my Premium Enhancement Polish Package which typically knocks the imperfections down quite a bit, upwards of 75% or so. However, I have the process pretty dialed in and it's not out of the ordinary to get far more. This time the paint (which is fantastic), thick, clear and easily corrected, yielded darn near 100% perfection. Only a couple minor deeper marks remain.

In terms of protection for everything, we did it all. 3 Layers of CarPro Ceramic, two base-coat hard-coat Cquartz then a single layer of their super hydrophobic Gliss coating. To help keep costs under control the third layer is on the horizontal only surfaces which need the most protection anyway. We also added in a full treatment of glass coating ensuring rain will fly off and ice come winter won't adhere as easily. Wheel Faces were coated as well and the difference could be felt as it was applied. I polished and prepped them and the cool thing about GYEON products is you can actually feel it bond as it's applied. Lastly, the black trim was also coated so that going forward it will remain dark and appear as if it was just dressed.

Anyway, onto the pics and one brief 20 second video of a before and after of the correction only phase on the front fender. It was later in the day so not very bright and the sun kept hiding behind a mix of dark clouds, but overall I think they do well.

Swirl City:

original.jpg

But not for long....

original.jpg

Video Comparison:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg