Which car rental for HWY 1 ?

cstmg8

We're driving up the Pacific coastal highway on Tuesday, through Thursday. San Diego to San Fran,/Napa.

It looks like my most reasonable choices for a fun ish car are either:

1. Jag xe or similar (Mercedes c-class or CTS)

2. Mercedes E-class or similar ( Volvo s90 or XTS)

3. V6 mustang convertible [emoji2961]

548fdde623b65e89e8ac0bc5a10c0b0e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Lol, for typical CR responses.

If you had to choose from the 3 options I gave.......

i mean valid. if any of the 3 have sunroofs, then go with the biggest one you can find. Regardless, we're jelly you get to do that drive.

If it was me, I’ll buy a $500 car in San Diego and drive up the coast in that. Once I make it there, I’ll donate the car to goodwill or something like that.
Lol, roadkill style.

I did it years ago a Harley. Cross your fingers for good weather. We did it in late July. The coast was fogged in all day long. COLD wet air coming off the ocean. I FROZE my ass off. We could hear the ocean, but we almost never saw it all day long.

I did the same thing, north on PCH out of San Francisco on a borrowed electraglide with the wife on the back. Foggy but we could see the ocean, and it burned off pretty quickly. After a hike in Muir woods we got caught in a light rain right around stinson beach. loved every minute but, weather could have been better.

convertible, because you are probably going to need to put the top up more often than you think, but it's the kind of environment you want to be outside in as much as possible, even with the heat cranking.

Thank you CR. I took your advice, and went with a convertible. I was able to switch it up a little bit, and pick up a different car at Venice Beach, where we are spending the first night.

We'll have either a BMW 4 series convertible or a Mercedes C-Class convertible.

Now that that is taken care of, any places we must stop from those of you who have been there before?

Right now, I have the obvious ones like big Sur, some redwoods, the beach, etc. we are trying to stay at fun boutique hotels, just to change it up.

Night two is at the Madonna inn in San Lois Obispo.

My parents went to that area a couple years ago and, aside from what you already mentioned, I remember them showing me pictures of a glass beach that was pretty neat. I believe it was a stop on the same day they drove through the redwoods.

My parents went to that area a couple years ago and, aside from what you already mentioned, I remember them showing me pictures of a glass beach that was pretty neat. I believe it was a stop on the same day they drove through the redwoods.
Thank you, I had actually forgotten about that. Heard about it once before and thought it sounded cool.

I think we are going to hit the Monterey Bay aquarium also.

I would also like to hit a couple good craft beer breweries if anyone knows of them?