Need honest opinions and critiques

verse

So I had an idea to launch a motorsports themed dog accessories brand. I've been working on this for a few months, I have our first prototypes, but I want to know what you all think.

These are the leash designs (front on top, back on bottom) and there are matching collars.

Would you buy one? Would you want to wait until we had a design that spoke more to your genre of cars? Before I order inventory and go full deep into this I need to make sure there is a market for this stuff.

74307997_10214817739944379_4316515365967364096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQmfVpNA4fCP3_mjRS2hIr05DG6f3t7mqmls1qWbqVF3SwQKxD-dvfZ-6Gr63daldq4&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=f3f32316354f32ea729845647e8a2469&oe=5E60DC25

From an artistic standpoint I understand your goal and I believe it was well executed. Your inspiration seems to be from the paint schemes of the cars and the right and I believe the leash / collar design fits perfect.

A few notes that I would throw out:

-Why not use famous colors from more recognizable cars? the Subaru and the GT40 are on point, but some of the designs are between abstract and unrecognizable.

-Do you want the designs to be minimalist in nature? or abstract? Again, I love the Subaru and the GT40 ones because they are iconic, but... some of the others are unclear to folks who are not "car people"

It's an awesome idea, but I would polish the image just a little more and decide how much of the work "I" the viewer needs to do to understand the theme, or are you "the artist" going to just tell me the answer outright... does that make sense?

Great project, awesome idea! :thumbup:

From an artistic standpoint I understand your goal and I believe it was well executed. Your inspiration seems to be from the paint schemes of the cars and the right and I believe the leash / collar design fits perfect.

A few notes that I would throw out:

-Why not use famous colors from more recognizable cars? the Subaru and the GT40 are on point, but some of the designs are between abstract and unrecognizable.

-Do you want the designs to be minimalist in nature? or abstract? Again, I love the Subaru and the GT40 ones because they are iconic, but... some of the others are unclear to folks who are not "car people"

It's an awesome idea, but I would polish the image just a little more and decide how much of the work "I" the viewer needs to do to understand the theme, or are you "the artist" going to just tell me the answer outright... does that make sense?

Great project, awesome idea! :thumbup:

I chose these colors as I believe they are the most recognizable. Curious what you would find more known? BMW colors, TRD colors, and the Martini scheme as pretty well known. The pink pig Porsche is there to give a girly option for people who race cars.

Cool idea and like kids a good opportunity to personalize something. Guessing you could prototype a couple and show them at some of the Ohio events (See the BringFido pages). Another idea most people follow the male female colors so make sure to make M blue and pink (Subaru)? Cool idea and wish you luck as well.

I dig the idea. Just being a Porsche nerd both of the ones you have designed for the 911 look like BMW theme to me. classic 911 race car needs to be Martini Racing and or Brumos inspired.

Dig the pig theme from the 917 though.

Martini RSR design is something I've thought about redoing a little bit. It's inspired by the Martini RSR, but I can't use silver on the outside b/c it gets dirty too easy. That's something I've found with collars with lighter colors.

Cool idea and like kids a good opportunity to personalize something. Guessing you could prototype a couple and show them at some of the Ohio events (See the BringFido pages). Another idea most people follow the male female colors so make sure to make M blue and pink (Subaru)? Cool idea and wish you luck as well.

I do have a couple designs made in prototypes already. Hardware will be all black on production units.

74525039_10214776077702849_1972579819359043584_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeGfuB5s0PUWTyIiL3Nw1WBVjgopGTtS-8QiX7GkkMUb5FCSR78_VK1lIX2pkZSLdTO2Z2b4-UMc8Rh7yWIZ_RFpXuN8sSFfjs292C0-xAo6bQ&_nc_oc=AQnCvWJgj0QvNp8-hoxvqBqx0mQiUs3JcAVgFpBQLwI7ZZEilN8yNIY44TjyzjS3Zwc&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=04216cc71e9cb3c865665c2506398d34&oe=5E1ECBB5

74582724_10214776866482568_5228767355940634624_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeF9MuJ4Y9NCMSdSWXuTRMeDzGThUYvK3rqHJL4ctTrvqZD2G9_nb-5z6LrWxgExz3Zs7Sjhw6h8Hg3v_kL69IlA4QAsWid8b7TrbM1wOPrsRg&_nc_oc=AQmt7peNq-DAgbRZtOQwNyAZkLZXAJybkS-abFE1jASCv6A-_nQhowahm8xeRdZ1GK0&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=0fd73823cc184c3f915f711f09c8af48&oe=5E4C9203