Wallets

Radio Flyer1647545514

What's everyone using/ suggesting for wallets these days? I started looking again and there are all of these metal card holders out now.

I typically would buy a wallet and use the I.D. insert for my daily cards and identification cards. Rarely do I carry cash anymore. My leather always gets destroyed in time from working outside and the sweat getting to it.

I splurged and bought a Ridge wallet about a year ago. They're pricey, and ultimately waaaay overpriced for what they are. But, I'll probably keep it 10+ years, so it doesn't come out to too much in the long run. I don't use cash anymore, but keep a $100 bill tucked in it just in case. It's thin, holds the 7-8 cards I might need, and I like it.

I don't really get it. Everyone of those I looked at took up more room in my pocket than my phone with a slimmer case and a separate minimalist wallet.

I've been using the elastic wallets for quite a few years.

They definitely aren't a long lasting product, but they are fairly cheap, flexible and about as minimal as you will get.

Recently I was using this one. https://www.suprgood.com/collections/slim-wallet

Now that we are in Japan and I need to carry around their larger bills and the change I get (smallest bill is ~$10USD), I'm using a full sized bifold. I got a Bellroy, maybe the Note Sleeve. It's definitely well made, but I can't compare to any others at this price point. I might look at a card only wallet when we are back the US even if it's a bit larger than the elastic ones, it should be nicer.

Thanks for posting this! Just ordered one :thumbup:

I don't really get it. Everyone of those I looked at took up more room in my pocket than my phone with a slimmer case and a separate minimalist wallet.

Definitely not the case for me. The case on this is smaller than the one on my work phone (they provided) that doesn't hold anything and it protects the phone well which I need in my line of work. I've been using my for about 8-10 months or so without issue.

I've been using the elastic wallets for quite a few years.

They definitely aren't a long lasting product, but they are fairly cheap, flexible and about as minimal as you will get.

Recently I was using this one. https://www.suprgood.com/collections/slim-wallet

I'm not trying to be a nay sayer or anything but that looks like an expensive rubber band that, as you say, wouldn't last long so I'd be buying them over and over again.

That Nomatic one looks pretty cool.

I’ve been using a Ridge for about a year now. Only go for it if you’re willing to front carry it. Overall I’m still pretty “meh” on it. I’m not sure if it’s due to the RFID blocking or what, but it seems like it’s still thicker than it needs to be. I took the opportunity to not carry some things I had been in my old wallet when I made the switch. I think if I kept everything it would have been no thinner than my old leather wallet.