CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

I received the draft of the CDC/FEMA plan. They call for a phasing in approach starting May 1 and having most areas and things open with precautions in place by June. However, with "hot spots" still shelter in place as needed. Some say it's too optimistic, but I hope it's about right.

Is this for Ohio or for all states? Some places just seem too hot to open up in 2 weeks (NYC for one).

I was on the phone this morning with one of our manufacturing plants in Virginia and they said their governor is looking at keeping the "Stay At Home" order until August. Good fucking luck with that... :eek:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this for Ohio or for all states? Some places just seem too hot to open up in 2 weeks (NYC for one).

I was on the phone this morning with one of our manufacturing plants in Virginia and they said their governor is looking at keeping the "Stay At Home" order until August. Good fucking luck with that... :eek:

CDC and FEMA are national organizations giving guidance. But I believe most of these types of actual decisions are State/local based.

Their governor is out of her mind with banning the boating thing. How much more social distancing can you have, being out on a boat on a lake fishing?! :o
The rules aren't perfect, but the protesters are over the top. Boating is OK under the order, as long as it doesn't have a motor. (Canoes, kayaks, fishing boats). They also banned travel between 2 in-state residences, which upset a lot of people, but that was asked for by a Republican congressman (he posted the note he sent to the governor on his Twitter).

My problem with the protesters is most of them were not specifically protesting any of these rules. It was a giant Trump rally with people open carrying rifles. They're protesting the idea of ANY restrictions, saying they are unconstitutional.

But Trump has come out in favor of the stay at home orders and enforcing social distancing through April, and only relaxing those restrictions in states where numbers are low starting in May. So why is it a partisan protest of Trump vs Whitmer? If they're all about the constitution, why not protest Trump saying he has total authority over the states? What happened to states rights?

It's because a majority of the protest had nothing to do with the rules. Whitmer isn't losing any votes to this crowd.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Interesting that it came from a research lab and not a bioweapons lab, and very believable.

Can we all agree that any information coming from China is complete bullshit?? Right, only 3,000 deaths in a country of billions, when New York alone is more than triple that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Interesting that it came from a research lab and not a bioweapons lab, and very believable.

Can we all agree that any information coming from China is complete bullshit?? Right, only 3,000 deaths in a country of billions, when New York alone is more than triple that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yup. Nothing they say can be trusted.

As for where it came from, who knows. I'm sure China gonna China when it comes playing with experimental viruses. I highly doubt they are up to snuff on their level IV lab protocols.

I call nonsense.

It was clear “almost overnight” that the virus wasn’t human-made, Andersen says. Anyone hoping to create a virus would need to work with already known viruses and engineer them to have desired properties.

But the SARS-CoV-2 virus has components that differ from those of previously known viruses, so they had to come from an unknown virus or viruses in nature. “Genetic data irrefutably show that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone,” Andersen and colleagues write in the study.

source

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-not-human-made-lab-genetic-analysis-nature