CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how quickly the left got out the narrative that somehow the virus is trumps fault.
I don't hear anybody is saying that. The criticism is that he got rid of emergency response teams that were set up during the Ebola outbreak, cut CDC funding, and ignored the economic impacts it was already having abroad while claiming the left invented it to hurt him in the election, which is all based on fact. He only announced any action on the virus after the stock market tanked.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don't hear anybody is saying that. The criticism is that he got rid of emergency response teams that were set up during the Ebola outbreak, cut CDC funding, and ignored the economic impacts it was already having abroad while claiming the left invented it to hurt him in the election, which is all based on fact. He only announced any action on the virus after the stock market tanked.

That, and put "We can just pray it away" Pence in charge of the response.

That, and put "We can just pray it away" Pence in charge of the response.
While I agree his track record on public health is not good, and the appointment seems to point to a lack of transparency on the subject, the "pray it away" quote that was circulating was fake.

he cut CDC funding, and ignored the economic impacts it was already having abroad while claiming the left invented it to hurt him in the election, which is all based on fact.

Half truths and major spin. Just read up on the details. CDC is fine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I bet in 3 months we will forget about this like we did with Zika.

Just live your life, wash your damn hands, stop watching CNN, Fox and reading the circle jerk of reddit.

This is the way....

In other news, CoronaVirus is causing problems in the high-performance industry since we get so much of our product from China.

I'm having to change my engine build right now because the company I"m working with can't get a crank from its supplier in China.

This is the way....

In other news, CoronaVirus is causing problems in the high-performance industry since we get so much of our product from China.

I'm having to change my engine build right now because the company I"m working with can't get a crank from its supplier in China.

And that's just aftermarket parts. Think how the major automakers are impacted.

And that's just aftermarket parts. Think how the major automakers are impacted.

Oh it's straight wrecking the supply chain across the board. I really hope this acts as a wake up call to some people, but I doubt it will because people are dumb.

Another thing I find so interesting is the words different "media" outlets use to talk about the virus and everything surrounding it. Totally fascinating to see the attempts at control that are being made.

My grandmother is in hospice and my mom has talked with the staff there about the situation and they agree with my thought process: be more worried about people's reactions to the virus than the virus itself. I trust them because they are legit medical professionals.

Oh it's straight wrecking the supply chain across the board. I really hope this acts as a wake up call to some people, but I doubt it will because people are dumb.

Another thing I find so interesting is the words different "media" outlets use to talk about the virus and everything surrounding it. Totally fascinating to see the attempts at control that are being made.

My grandmother is in hospice and my mom has talked with the staff there about the situation and they agree with my thought process: be more worried about people's reactions to the virus than the virus itself. I trust them because they are legit medical professionals.

I agree to be more worried about people's reactions to the virus if their reaction is panic, there is also danger in inaction.

The crazy thing to me is that we first learned of delays from suppliers at least 2-3 weeks ago, and some assembly plants had already had shut downs due to parts shortages. Yet the stock market only woke up to the impact this past week and the message from the White House is that it's fake news from the Dem's meant to hurt his reelection.

I know it sounds dumb but watch the Simpsons(1993 season 4, episode 21). Its about a airborne virus that started in Asia infecting everyone, later in that episode called CoronaVirus. Also on the back of Lysol cans/wipes it list that it helps fight/prevent CoronaVirus? Weird. I'm probably the only one here that thinks it's media scare tactic.

I know it sounds dumb but watch the Simpsons(1993 season 4, episode 21). Its about a airborne virus that started in Asia infecting everyone, later in that episode called CoronaVirus. Also on the back of Lysol cans/wipes it list that it helps fight/prevent CoronaVirus? Weird. I'm probably the only one here that thinks it's media scare tactic.

CoronaVirus has been around since the 70's, this is just a particular strand of that virus called COVID-19

That's because Coronavirus is a generic term that encompasses a large number of viruses.

https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as^Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV)^and^Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).^A novel coronavirus (nCoV)^is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.

Media hysteria or not, the fact is this strain is possibly 20 times more deadly than the seasonal flu, according to today's numbers, there is no vaccine to protect vulnerable population (like there is with the flu), and it appears to be spreading easily (one carrier can infect many people).

Also, due to the actions taken by other countries as an attempt to control the spread of the virus, supply chains and consumer goods around the world have been affected, which have eliminated all financial growth projections for many industries through the first 6 months of the year, and some already saying the whole year is a wash. This is why the stock market has tanked, and why it could push us into a recession. Stocks trade on earnings forecasts, and those are being revised downward by many companies.

That is not hysteria from the media, it's not a Democratic conspiracy theory to "get Trump," those are facts.

That's because Coronavirus is a generic term that encompasses a large number of viruses.

https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

Media hysteria or not, the fact is this strain is possibly 20 times more deadly than the seasonal flu, according to today's numbers, there is no vaccine to protect vulnerable population (like there is with the flu), and it appears to be spreading easily (one carrier can infect many people).

Also, due to the actions taken by other countries as an attempt to control the spread of the virus, supply chains and consumer goods around the world have been affected, which have eliminated all financial growth projections for many industries through the first 6 months of the year, and some already saying the whole year is a wash. This is why the stock market has tanked, and why it could push us into a recession. Stocks trade on earnings forecasts, and those are being revised downward by many companies.

That is not hysteria from the media, it's not a Democratic conspiracy theory to "get Trump," those are facts.

20x? I have not seen ANYTHING from any news source saying this.

80% of cases COULD feel mild to NO symptoms

20% of cases COULD need medical attention if they are compromised immune systems or old.

Just today the media was criticizing trump for holding rallies with thousands of people. But NO ONE said anything about the rap concert Bernie is doing or any other political rally. Why is trump called out, but no one else? Its bullshit lol

Listen, this is a serious issue. There is no vaccine as of now and wont be for a while. People are going to die if they would die from the flu. No one is arguing that. The scare in this is we dont know how long it last and we dont know how it spreads. If your average person was dropping dead from this the reaction from the media would be justified. Its just not happening. The concentration is at a NURSING HOME in WA. People die in nursing home from the cold. I just want people to be realistic about this.

20x? I have not seen ANYTHING from any news source saying this.

Then you haven't been watching that much. Flu has 0.1% fatality rate. This is hovering around 2%, based largely on China's numbers because that's where it's concentrated. Its already killed many more people than SARS ever did.

80% of cases COULD feel mild to NO symptoms

20% of cases COULD need medical attention if they are compromised immune systems or old.

We'd probably know better how factual those percentages are if we were actually testing people. As of now, there is not widespread testing, and in the US we've barely tested anybody.

Just today the media was criticizing trump for holding rallies with thousands of people. But NO ONE said anything about the rap concert Bernie is doing or any other political rally. Why is trump called out, but no one else? Its bullshit lol

I haven't seen much on the Bernie concert, but if that's true my assumption is that Trump could be taking more criticism for 2 reasons. 1) his response so far has been poor, even going so far as to call the whole thing a Democratic hoax, despite the measures other countries have taken that are not a result of US politics or media, and 2) at this point in the campaign his nomination is a foregone conclusion. The primaries mean nothing to him. There is absolutely no point in staging a rally to drum up support at this time in the election process, but the Democrats are still fighting for the nomination and the state primaries are imminent.

Listen, this is a serious issue. There is no vaccine as of now and wont be for a while. People are going to die if they would die from the flu. No one is arguing that. The scare in this is we dont know how long it last and we dont know how it spreads. If your average person was dropping dead from this the reaction from the media would be justified. Its just not happening. The concentration is at a NURSING HOME in WA. People die in nursing home from the cold. I just want people to be realistic about this.

The concentration in the US is at a nursing home, not the rest of the world. More people will die from this than will die from the flu, based on current statistics. And it doesnt only kill the elderly, considering there have been middle aged deaths in China, including the doctor that tried to raise the alarm to the public.

The incubation period for the virus is up to 14 days. That's 2 weeks where someone could be walking around spreading the virus without knowing they are sick. There are probably a lot more people with the virus right now than we think.

There has also been word that China is heavily controlling the news being released about the virus (because of course they are, that's what they do) and possibly the death rate is much higher. We will only learn if their numbers are fudged by watching what happens in other countries now, but I do find it strange that many people are putting more trust in the numbers released by the Chinese government being either factual or overestimated while distrusting the American media. Trump's #1 objective is to keep the economy moving. Even if this were Ebola he would never promote any action that would result in economic impact (like making people stay home or cancelling major public events).

Right now I can only go off the numbers we have been given; 2%. And even if that's a rounding error (1.8-2.2%) we know that's going to kill a hell of a lot more people than the average seasonal flu (0.1%).

I know that I trust the Chinese media the LEAST out of anyone, and it's possible they have revised this number down. I also know that the Spanish flu wasn't very deadly until it mutated, then it went rampant. There's always the risk that this strain mutates. And lastly, I know that it's inevitable that this spreads across the US, it's only a matter of how long it takes.

Then you haven't been watching that much. Flu has 0.1% fatality rate. This is hovering around 2%, based largely on China's numbers because that's where it's concentrated. Its already killed many more people than SARS ever did.

We'd probably know better how factual those percentages are if we were actually testing people. As of now, there is not widespread testing, and in the US we've barely tested anybody.

I haven't seen much on the Bernie concert, but if that's true my assumption is that Trump could be taking more criticism for 2 reasons. 1) his response so far has been poor, even going so far as to call the whole thing a Democratic hoax, despite the measures other countries have taken that are not a result of US politics or media, and 2) at this point in the campaign his nomination is a foregone conclusion. The primaries mean nothing to him. There is absolutely no point in staging a rally to drum up support at this time in the election process, but the Democrats are still fighting for the nomination and the state primaries are imminent.

The concentration in the US is at a nursing home, not the rest of the world. More people will die from this than will die from the flu, based on current statistics. And it doesnt only kill the elderly, considering there have been middle aged deaths in China, including the doctor that tried to raise the alarm to the public.

The incubation period for the virus is up to 14 days. That's 2 weeks where someone could be walking around spreading the virus without knowing they are sick. There are probably a lot more people with the virus right now than we think.

There has also been word that China is heavily controlling the news being released about the virus (because of course they are, that's what they do) and possibly the death rate is much higher. We will only learn if their numbers are fudged by watching what happens in other countries now, but I do find it strange that many people are putting more trust in the numbers released by the Chinese government being either factual or overestimated while distrusting the American media. Trump's #1 objective is to keep the economy moving. Even if this were Ebola he would never promote any action that would result in economic impact (like making people stay home or cancelling major public events).

Right now I can only go off the numbers we have been given; 2%. And even if that's a rounding error (1.8-2.2%) we know that's going to kill a hell of a lot more people than the average seasonal flu (0.1%).

I know that I trust the Chinese media the LEAST out of anyone, and it's possible they have revised this number down. I also know that the Spanish flu wasn't very deadly until it mutated, then it went rampant. There's always the risk that this strain mutates. And lastly, I know that it's inevitable that this spreads across the US, it's only a matter of how long it takes.

Quit worrying.