CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

I am fully aware that Corona virus hits hardest to the elderly and those with a weakened immune system or chronic health condition....but seeing some of the effects on peoples' lungs gives me pause on thinking this won't affect many more of us out there. Maybe people exposed to it will undoubtedly survive, but what about long-term effects on lung capacity?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/coronavirus-x-rays-show-terrifying-21672219

(Yes, I realize it's a Mirror article...source taken with grain of salt)

Still washing hands as always....but seriously considering canceling family spring break to Colorado next week.

I believe this 100%. My wife and I both had pneumonia in Nov/Dec. She got it worse than I did (pleurisy), but she would still get short of breath 6+ weeks later. Some people still feel the effects for 6 months.
Because fuckheads on MSM are inciting panic by trying to be the first ones to call this virus a "pandemic".....thats why local health infrastructure is overwhelmed.....Its reached a fever pitch and MSM is directly responsible.

Give us truth or shut the fuck up. Be appropriate in your reactions to issues like this. Otherwise people will not believe you. This is the equiv of LeBron flopping on the court when he get his chin bumped..

I'll echo what Greg said, but also say that this completely overwhelmed China's health care system before any mainstream media was reporting on it. Italy is completely overwhelmed now and it's for many that actually need medical attention, not people who want to steal gloves and masks.

I work for Fiat Chrysler, and obviously work with people in Italy. Everything is on lockdown. The response in the US compared to other countries is minimal, but the economic effects are going to be huge globally.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why toilet papers?

I've been asking the same question. My wife came up with the most plausible answer I have heard so far. People are freaking out that they will be quarantined in their home and won't be able to go out for basics. So they are stocking up on everything they cannot live without. Then the sheeple mentality takes over and one person sees other people buying, so they buy, and pretty soon everyone is buying.

What I am also hearing it that many places still have TP, it's just the bulk places like Sams and Costco that are out.

People can rant about media hype all they want but the facts on the ground are that there are 500+ cases that we know of, and based on other countries and data we have that number can be expected to DOUBLE as little as every 3 days.

It's been 3 days since I posted this and NYT is reporting 1400+ confirmed cases. Just look at that map, this thing is everywhere already. It's been spreading for weeks without anyone knowing.

I'm leaving tomorrow for New Orleans. Not sure if that's the right call but I read through the CDC travel guidelines and we "passed" all of their suggestions, so.... we'll see if anything is even open.

can confirm places are open in new orleans. parents are heading down there this weekend and family is down there.