CoronaVirus

Forrest Gump 9

At work (at least in my organization) we're cancelling all air travel and large conferences/gatherings. Anyone that leaves the country has to wfh for 3 weeks upon return. I don't mind the precautions.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show itself, but the expo is what brings the hoards of people, it is listed as postponed/cancelled.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

In more exciting news, The Fed prime rate dropped again. Perfect timing for a refinance!
When was the last time it was 4.25? Just curious what time period of home buyers are going to benefit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

https://usavingsbank.com/mortgage-loans/

They are even lower through Marc today! 15yr fixed is 3.00%

I started the process on refi'ing my house to a 15yr fixed through these guys at 3% a few weeks ago. That was before the recent APR drop. I'm hoping USB will drop their rates again and I'll get even lower. :gabe:

I started the process on refi'ing my house to a 15yr fixed through these guys at 3% a few weeks ago. That was before the recent APR drop. I'm hoping USB will drop their rates again and I'll get even lower. :gabe:

……….

Great time to refi. Ya'll have my contact info. :lol:

-Marc

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/03/who-says-coronavirus-death-rate-is-3point4percent-globally-higher-than-previously-thought.html

World health officials said Tuesday the mortality rate for COVID-19 is 3.4% globally, higher than previous estimates of about 2%.

"Here we have a disease for which we have no vaccine, no treatment, we don’t fully understand transmission, we don’t fully understand case mortality, but what we have been genuinely heartened by is that unlike influenza, where countries have fought back, where they’ve put in place strong measures, we’ve remarkably seen that the virus is suppressed,” Ryan said.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

On another note an estimated of 50,000 people infected got better on their own.
Uh, yeah, that how percentages work....

~51k people have recovered ~3200 have died = ~6% death rate

Secondly, it's a virus, so there is no treatment. Literally everyone who recovers from this virus does so on their own. Antibiotics don't work on viruses, your own immune system has to fight it off. There are some antiviral medications, but they are for very specific things.

And the folks at 3M and whatever companies produce disposable respirators are making a killing right now. They are sold out practically everywhere LOL. Some folks reselling them at ridiculous prices.

Also, Corona beer sales have taken a massive hit because people associate the beer with the virus.

People are really fucking stupid.

And the folks at 3M and whatever companies produce disposable respirators are making a killing right now. They are sold out practically everywhere LOL. Some folks reselling them at ridiculous prices.

Also, Corona beer sales have taken a massive hit because people associate the beer with the virus.

People are really fucking stupid.

...deb593b93f73c96016a4f0afa6809709.jpg

At work (at least in my organization) we're cancelling all air travel and large conferences/gatherings. Anyone that leaves the country has to wfh for 3 weeks upon return. I don't mind the precautions.

Samesies with my employer.

I support it, but i view it as much as a precautionary effort as a fantastic opportunity for the accountants to easily justify pocketing several months of savings on corporate travel... Savings associated with cancelled training, tradeshow appearances, etc.

All in the name of corporate health/wealth.

Samesies with my employer.

I support it, but i view it as much as a precautionary effort as a fantastic opportunity for the accountants to easily justify pocketing several months of savings on corporate travel... Savings associated with cancelled training, tradeshow appearances, etc.

All in the name of corporate health/wealth.

Looking at how bad the market's suddenly gotten, I think it's good for businesses to pocket the unspent expenses.

It's interesting....

For years people have been pushing for more flexible work arrangements, like work from home and flex hours to help with accommodations and companies have been resisting for a long time.

Just heard from my cousin in Seattle and his company and many others just implemented WFH and Flex hours in the wake of corona virus warnings in that city.

Corona Virus is not the employee rights advocate we wanted, but it is the employee rights advocate we deserve, lol.

All we need is for the pandemic to convince people the government should provide healthcare and it will be a better healthcare advocate than Mitt Romney and Obama combined. :D

All we need is for the pandemic to convince people the government should provide healthcare and it will be a better healthcare advocate than Mitt Romney and Obama combined. :D

As an example of this, at yesterday's press conference the administration said they are 100% relying on the private health market to develop a vaccine and make available to the public, even though government agencies are providing most of the R&D and funding. They couldn't guarantee that the vaccine would be affordable because the free market will sort that out, and despite the tax payers funding its development there will be no restrictions placed on how much can be charged for the vaccination.

Also, right now the COVID-19 test costs almost $3000/person, but is not covered 100% by insurance despite there being no treatment and only in the interest of public health. So why the fuck would I even get tested? Medicare/Medicaid cover it 100%

As an example of this, at yesterday's press conference the administration said they are 100% relying on the private health market to develop a vaccine and make available to the public, even though government agencies are providing most of the R&D and funding. They couldn't guarantee that the vaccine would be affordable because the free market will sort that out, and despite the tax payers funding its development there will be no restrictions placed on how much can be charged for the vaccination.

Also, right now the COVID-19 test costs almost $3000/person, but is not covered 100% by insurance despite there being no treatment and only in the interest of public health. So why the fuck would I even get tested? Medicare/Medicaid cover it 100%

You would think these would be torch and pitchfork moments for the american public, but...

....a statistically significant amount think you contract this from beer so....