My desk chair sucks

Richard Cranium

This is what I have at my workbench in the garage. Surprisingly comfortable. Also reclines damn near flat for afternoon napping!

Definitely not some crazy high end, ergonomic, massaging, 752 adjustment, corner office chair, but I don't think you get those for $150. Besides, this one feels faster!

If I had to pick a negative, I'd say the plastic covers on the sides are a bit chincy, but really not necessary.af1ce1ede8337b312b7733957498423c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My SecretLabs Titan should be here today. I have your same issue, and say F it.

I'll let you know what I think once I've sat in it.

Let me know how that works out and overall quality, etc... I'm easily in this chair 10-12 hours a day and really need to upgrade to something that wont ruin me.

My current chair is the cheapest one they had at one of the office box stores about 15 years ago. It is severely worn out and tattered but the sitting position is great. If I could get it refoamed I would in a second.

I bought a nicer one from Amazon a bit back but it was terribly uncomfortable with a weird sitting position so I pitched it. I'm always leery about buying one I can't out my ass in and try it out.

Let me know how that works out and overall quality, etc... I'm easily in this chair 10-12 hours a day and really need to upgrade to something that wont ruin me.
Or spend less time in an office chair!! 10-12 hrs a day? Ouch

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

First impressions so far is that it is a really beautiful piece of furniture. They are heavily focused on branding an presentation for sure. Box was super heavy, but everything was packaged super nice. Easy to put together.

Reviews said it was too firm, but I like it so far for the hour or so I have sat in it. My one issue so far is that the arms wont go under my current custom desk, so I will have to build some risers for that. The Titan is for taller people I guess. So i haven't been able to use it in a way that is super comfortable. Kind of leaning forward right now.

No regrets so far, but it is pretty expensive. We shall see how it holds up.

First impressions so far is that it is a really beautiful piece of furniture. They are heavily focused on branding an presentation for sure. Box was super heavy, but everything was packaged super nice. Easy to put together.

Reviews said it was too firm, but I like it so far for the hour or so I have sat in it. My one issue so far is that the arms wont go under my current custom desk, so I will have to build some risers for that. The Titan is for taller people I guess. So i haven't been able to use it in a way that is super comfortable. Kind of leaning forward right now.

No regrets so far, but it is pretty expensive. We shall see how it holds up.

Mind measuring the height of the top of arms when the chair is at minimum level?

Had the same issue when I started working from home a few weeks ago. Got this one. Super comfortable for extended periods and big guy approved.

http://OFM Core Collection Modern Fabric Upholstered Office Chair, Cushioned Arm Chair, in Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V4N6ZCT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OgOJEb0ARSA8N

Had the same issue when I started working from home a few weeks ago. Got this one. Super comfortable for extended periods and big guy approved.

http://OFM Core Collection Modern Fabric Upholstered Office Chair, Cushioned Arm Chair, in Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V4N6ZCT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OgOJEb0ARSA8N

May need to make that into a tinyurl

May need to make that into a tinyurl

Lemme FTFY.

Another thing to consider potentially. I've been work at home for four plus years now with the career gig and first three years I did the exact same, hunted down the best bang for buck office chair as I spend 9-10 hours a day in it.

Year ago I got sick of sitting constantly and started enjoying walks on my lunch around my immediate neighborhood so I got the idea to build my own homemade hydraulic treadmill desk so I could walk AND work both at the same time. It's huge at 9 feet long with big twin monitors mounted to arms that I can swing from left to right side. Right side, I can set the desk to sitting height and sit as much as I want. When I want to walk a bit, I raise the entire desk up to 52 inches which is standing height when on top of the treadmill, swing my monitors to the left side and have a walking treadmill under it with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

So I literally walk all day and work now. Not fast, as you can only use a keyboard and mouse at 2.2 to 2.4 mph accurately but it completely changed my day to day work life. SOO much more productive and energy. Started just using for an hour or two here or there and sitting rest of the day but it built up to the point where I haven't sat down now in the chair for over three months and I walk 12 to 15 miles daily easily. Combines light exercise and work, two birds and one stone ya know? Couple weekends ago I was curious to see my walking endurance after months of the above and went for a stroll and didn't stop for 17 hours and hit 100,000 steps in a day, total of 47.05 miles. Couldn't have walked even three or four miles ago a year ago without effort. Now I don't even feel it until mile 20 plus..... nor am I a health nut or anything by any means.

Likely not an option for most to build a homemade, giant hydraulic desk but there are lots of companies out there that make treadmill desks with varying price points. Worth looking into.... you very likely would find yourself using it far more then you think.

tQv2qyg.jpg

Also the first thing I ever built with wood....discovered I both enjoyed it and had a knack from it but only from sheer stubbornness to learn no matter how many mistakes I make and not make the same mistake twice. Ha

if you are in the chair that long you should really consider getting yourself a good chair. Id recommend trying to get a used hermon miller Aeron personally. I have on at home and one I use at work.

Another thing to consider potentially. I've been work at home for four plus years now with the career gig and first three years I did the exact same, hunted down the best bang for buck office chair as I spend 9-10 hours a day in it.

Year ago I got sick of sitting constantly and started enjoying walks on my lunch around my immediate neighborhood so I got the idea to build my own homemade hydraulic treadmill desk so I could walk AND work both at the same time. It's huge at 9 feet long with big twin monitors mounted to arms that I can swing from left to right side. Right side, I can set the desk to sitting height and sit as much as I want. When I want to walk a bit, I raise the entire desk up to 52 inches which is standing height when on top of the treadmill, swing my monitors to the left side and have a walking treadmill under it with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

So I literally walk all day and work now. Not fast, as you can only use a keyboard and mouse at 2.2 to 2.4 mph accurately but it completely changed my day to day work life. SOO much more productive and energy. Started just using for an hour or two here or there and sitting rest of the day but it built up to the point where I haven't sat down now in the chair for over three months and I walk 12 to 15 miles daily easily. Combines light exercise and work, two birds and one stone ya know? Couple weekends ago I was curious to see my walking endurance after months of the above and went for a stroll and didn't stop for 17 hours and hit 100,000 steps in a day, total of 47.05 miles. Couldn't have walked even three or four miles ago a year ago without effort. Now I don't even feel it until mile 20 plus..... nor am I a health nut or anything by any means.

Likely not an option for most to build a homemade, giant hydraulic desk but there are lots of companies out there that make treadmill desks with varying price points. Worth looking into.... you very likely would find yourself using it far more then you think.

tQv2qyg.jpg

Also the first thing I ever built with wood....discovered I both enjoyed it and had a knack from it but only from sheer stubbornness to learn no matter how many mistakes I make and not make the same mistake twice. Ha

Please tell me more about the treadmill you are using.

Linkage to my exact one. It doesn't go fast, max of 4 MPH but it's designed for ALL day use, day in and day out.

https://www.lifespanfitness.com/workplace/treadmill-desks/tr1200-dt3-under-desk-treadmill

They have packages with desks as well but I just wanted the treadmill itself with nothing attached so I could use my own hydraulic desk.

iMovr was another company that seemed to have legit stuff from when I was researching places.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up finding an AK Racing Core LX Series chair for a deal on FB Marketplace. So far I'm pretty impressed. Don't think I would pay $450 for it, but for an open box deal that seems complete and functional I'm pretty happy so far.

https://www.akracing.com/products/akracing-lx-plus-gaming-chair?variant=32043339219079