Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone found any masks they really like? I'm going back to work in June and I'd like to get some decent masks to wear that aren't miserable and are effective. I'd like to use something with a valve to reduce heat, but understand that those only protect me and not everyone else.

What are your thoughts on the pm2.5 masks/filters everyone is selling? I understand that the virus is smaller than that??

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Please follow the rule so the government won’t have to shut everything down for another two months.

This times 1000. As much as I don't like wearing one, if they think wearing one will help open shit back up and keep it open, then I'm doing it. I have a cloth one a friend made, it's fine, but I only wear it in stores. There's no reason to wear it out walking around or in your car, etc.

I have a half face respirator for work that I can wear when needed for longer durations. I also found an old N95 mask from my steel mill days tucked away in the top of my old hardhat so I wear that out in public.

I wish there were more people wearing masks while out and I wish they would stress that masks DO NOT mean you can get close to people. I swear it seems like most people now either think the mask is a magic virus fix or they are just assholes and love to crowd close to people with a mask on.

People wearing gloves are what drives me nuts, like the gloves magically kill the virus. Wear the gloves, touch everything in the world and then your face, remove gloves improperly, etc. No need for gloves folks. Just be mindful of what you touch, which includes your face, and continue to wash your hands.

So just got back from Kroger, I and my wife had masks. I say 65-70% of the people were wearing them.

I know I'm going to catch flak for this but the ones not wearing them were all fat or over-weight. I don't know if they think their weight will keep them from getting the virus or what.

BUT the craziest thing I saw was some fat chick who couldn't get the plastic veggie/fruit bag open licked the fucking plastic bag....WTF was she thinking.

OK, go ahead and give me shit for body shaming obese people.

So just got back from Kroger, I and my wife had masks. I say 65-70% of the people were wearing them.

I know I'm going to catch flak for this but the ones not wearing them were all fat or over-weight. I don't know if they think their weight will keep them from getting the virus or what.

BUT the craziest thing I saw was some fat chick who couldn't get the plastic veggie/fruit bag open licked the fucking plastic bag....WTF was she thinking.

Wer...were you in Circleville?

Eating right and taking care of your body is a liberal conspiracy, just like the rona birus. Ain't no commie gonna tell me to wear a mask or not stuff my face with tendies.

Yeah glasses suck with masks. Im ok with the actual medical ones that seal well around the nose, but the fabric type ones just dont work well.

I have disposable medical masks and even medical masks geared towards glasses.....they have a bendable fuzzy layer at the top. They all fog up but I've determined it's how my glasses sit on my face. My wife has made a shit ton of masks and sewn a piece of really light aluminum into a sleeve at the top so you can form them. She's made me both duck bill and clam shell types. I fog up with all of them. I've heard about washing them in shaving cream so I'll test dish soap now since I just have shaving gel and see if that helps. If anyone needs a mask I can have my wife sew one for them but she's a nurse working nights so she just kinda does it when she has time. I'd also not want to offer her services for free without asking her first but the charge would be minimal. Everyone is making masks right now so they're easy to find...just thought I'd throw that out there.

I sure as hell won't. I used to be 105+ pounds heavier. This virus has been a huge example of why you should take care of yourself. The less issues you have, the less your chances of having complications from it.

I think the term is "morbidly obese." They're probably on hydroxychloroquie, so they'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think the term is "morbidly obese." They're probably on hydroxychloroquie, so they'll be fine.

I'm not sure if the general public is aware of this, or if people just like to lash out at Trumpski because he suggested it, but actual physicians are prescribing hydroxychloroquine to those who are positive. At least in the critical care units I roam in.

I see people making fun of the med quite frequently but it is being used. Just a PSA.

I'm not sure if the general public is aware of this, or if people just like to lash out at Trumpski because he suggested it, but actual physicians are prescribing hydroxychloroquine to those who are positive. At least in the critical care units I roam in.

I see people making fun of the med quite frequently but it is being used. Just a PSA.

Yet all the trials show no benefit and in some cases increased deaths, while the FDA has been trying to pull the approval for using it off label...

Has anyone found any masks they really like? I'm going back to work in June and I'd like to get some decent masks to wear that aren't miserable and are effective. I'd like to use something with a valve to reduce heat, but understand that those only protect me and not everyone else.

What are your thoughts on the pm2.5 masks/filters everyone is selling? I understand that the virus is smaller than that??

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So I wear surgical masks all the time when I am in the OR. For long cases, I usually bring cough drops, gum, something to keep moisture in your mouth. To me they are the most comfortable, but can dry your mouth out.

Yet all the trials show no benefit and in some cases increased deaths, while the FDA has been trying to pull the approval for using it off label...

All trials? No. Some showed benefits, some didn't. Sample sizes haven't been large enough at this point to get a firm consensus on if its truly beneficial or not. I'm still leaning towards it being a marginal benefit, if any. As far as it increasing deaths, again, that's coincidental because the sample sizes haven't been large enough.

My point was, physicians are still using it in the critical care setting as an adjunct therapy when nothing else is working. People love to make fun of it because Trump mentions it, but physicians are still using it.

My point was, physicians are still using it in the critical care setting as an adjunct therapy when nothing else is working. People love to make fun of it because Trump mentions it, but physicians are still using it.

I think we all know that, but that doesn't make Trump pimping it contrary to his own experts' advice any less stupid. He also talks about using it prophylactically, which is less common than the "last resort" use it sounds like you're talking about.

It's actually amazing to watch the left attack this.

What happened to listening to doctors? Guess that doesn't matter in some situations that don't fit your narrative?

What happened to listening to doctors? Guess that doesn't matter in some situations that don't fit your narrative?

Are there "doctors" actively suggesting the use of this drug the way Don is (supposedly) dosing himself with it to avoid contraction? I mean outside of the Trump doc himself (again supposedly)....

I'm genuinely curious, as I've seen nothing credible to support that myself.

Trump is not listening to his own doctors. How do you square that with your notion that people should listen to doctors?

Are there "doctors" actively suggesting the use of this drug the way Don is (supposedly) dosing himself with it to avoid contraction? I mean outside of the Trump doc himself (again supposedly)....

I'm genuinely curious, as I've seen nothing credible to support that myself.

There are individual doctors recommending it's use prophylactically, sure. There are even some studies that show a benefit. It's far from conclusive which is why the CDC nor any actual medical organization is recommending it yet.

I've seen quite a few guidelines from hospitals for their COVID-19 care and many/most are using Hydrochloroquine (HCQ), along with zinc and vitamin-C and -D. My gist of it is that there is more medical professional support for it having a benefit than not. The common cited case to not use it is when the patient has an existing heart problem or defect as it can make that worse.

My personal opinion is media cherry-picked a VA study that said HCQ showed no benefit, just to counter Trump mentioning it. Their stance on the subject was then closed.

I am not some blind leftist attacking Trump, even Fox News interrupted Trump's press conference to state that studies are showing no benefits, in some cases increased deaths, and the FDA was moving to revoke to off label approval.

Given the side effects of hydroxychloroquine, I'm actually SHOCKED any doctor would prescribe it for any PUSA as a preemptive measure, especially considering everyone that comes in contact with Trump is tested and there is zero evidence that its either safe of effective (Fauci's words). I think it's borderline irresponsible by the doctors to take that risk with a President's health.

I've seen quite a few guidelines from hospitals for their COVID-19 care and many/most are using Hydrochloroquine (HCQ), along with zinc and vitamin-C and -D. My gist of it is that there is more medical professional support for it having a benefit than not. The common cited case to not use it is when the patient has an existing heart problem or defect as it can make that worse.

My personal opinion is media cherry-picked a VA study that said HCQ showed no benefit, just to counter Trump mentioning it. Their stance on the subject was then closed.

Again, Trump's own experts are not recommending it. This is not a "the media" problem. Christ, there's nothing you guys won't blame on the media. All you have to do is watch the press conferences where Trump's experts have to come up to the mic and correct the dumb shit that he says to know that he's laughable.