Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

Again, Trump's own experts are not recommending it. This is not a "the media" problem. Christ, there's nothing you guys won't blame on the media. All you have to do is watch the press conferences where Trump's experts have to come up to the mic and correct the dumb shit that he says to know that he's laughable.

Haven't seen that. I'll take a look.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen that. I'll take a look.

I mean, you're not wrong in that there is some medical support for it. There's also some medical support against it. It's inconclusive enough that the WH CV response team is not recommending it. The problem is that Trump then gets up there and says, "Well I don't care what they say, I like it." If he was your crazy Fox News uncle then that'd be fine, but it's pretty fucked up for the POTUS to contradict his own experts on a near daily basis. It sows confusion and doubt in a time where it would be really nice if everyone was listening to the experts.

I mean, you're not wrong in that there is some medical support for it. There's also some medical support against it. It's inconclusive enough that the WH CV response team is not recommending it. The problem is that Trump then gets up there and says, "Well I don't care what they say, I like it." If he was your crazy Fox News uncle then that'd be fine, but it's pretty fucked up for the POTUS to contradict his own experts on a near daily basis. It sows confusion and doubt in a time where it would be really nice if everyone was listening to the experts.

I agree on your points. But also see very little in the news acknowledging that there is some medical professional support for using HCQ; they're only focusing on the dismissals of it and I think that's just because of their anti-Trump bias.

BTW did anyone see this:

I agree on your points. But also see very little in the news acknowledging that there is some medical professional support for using HCQ; they're only focusing on the dismissals of it and I think that's just because of their anti-Trump bias.

I disagree. Everyone in this thread seems to be aware of the limited medical professional support for it. Where do you think we're learning about that?

The media is reporting on it. That's how we know about it.

At the end of the day, though, the NIH says:

- There are insufficient clinical data to recommend either for or against using chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19 (AIII).

- The Panel recommends against using high-dose chloroquine (600 mg twice daily for 10 days) for the treatment of COVID-19 (AI).

- Except in the context of a clinical trial, the Panel recommends against the use of the following drugs for the treatment of COVID-19:

-- The combination of hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin (AIII) because of the potential for toxicities.

Seems pretty clear to me. Why does Trump feel the need to undermine those recommendations? Is it because he's such an expert on CV-19 treatment?

I think the problem is that some of you think "the media" is the pundits on MSNBC or CNN making fun of Trump all day. Those fucks are as worthless as Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity. I can't do anything if someone wants to go on TV and hate on Obama for 23.5 hours a day, or likewise if they hate on Trump for 23.5 hours a day. I wish I could. All I can do is encourage people to be better skeptics.

At least in this case the criticism of Trump that he's recommending a treatment that his own experts aren't is factual. It's something that's really happening. And we can and should all be upset at that lack of leadership.

I would almost bet there’s more doctors that support the drug than those that don’t.

We just happen to live in a society that allows the loudest person the be heard in an attempt at drowning out the opposing views.

I would almost bet there’s more doctors that support the drug than those that don’t.

We just happen to live in a society that allows the loudest person the be heard in an attempt at drowning out the opposing views.

I'll take that bet.

So what, the loudest person on the NIH CV-19 panel drowned out everyone else? What are you basing that on? A hunch? Gut feeling?

Lacking any evidence to the contrary, I see no reason to believe that the NIH didn't come to its conclusions based on facts and science. That's a very factual, logical way to view the world, wouldn't you agree?

I disagree. Everyone in this thread seems to be aware of the limited medical professional support for it. Where do you think we're learning about that?

The media is reporting on it. That's how we know about it.

At the end of the day, though, the NIH says:

Seems pretty clear to me. Why does Trump feel the need to undermine those recommendations? Is it because he's such an expert on CV-19 treatment?

Trump's gonna Trump. And apparently many physicians and hospitals do not care about the NIH position as they're still using HCQ.

My complaint was with the media willfully ignoring support for the use of it.

Trump's gonna Trump. And apparently many physicians and hospitals do not care about the NIH position as they're still using HCQ.

My complaint was with the media willfully ignoring support for the use of it.

Reuters.

CBS News

NYT

Lots of news sources are reporting that doctors are prescribing it. The problem for Trump is that every single one of them, at least the reputable ones, is also saying in those very same articles "But it's unproven and could be dangerous," which is simply factual reporting based on the CDC, NIH, and WH CV response team messaging. So yes, it's been WIDELY reported that doctors are prescribing it, but also WIDELY reported that they're doing so without any official guidance behind its use. That seems perfectly fair.

lol that wasn't worth the energy it took my computer to render it.

I had one of my most liberal friends share that. Lives in NYC, has colored hair and enjoys pride fest more than you enjoy rubbing out to Don Lemon interviews.

If you cant ask why, your doing something wrong.

BTW did anyone see this:

this is kinda funny and also terrifying.

I had one of my most liberal friends share that. Lives in NYC, has colored hair and enjoys pride fest more than you enjoy rubbing out to Don Lemon interviews.

They sound like a bad skeptic too. Being a bad skeptic doesn't know party lines.

If you cant ask why, your doing something wrong.

This is meaningless. Why do you eat food when we can get all the energy we need from the air! "Food is necessary for life!" Hah! Do you hear the psychological conditioning? IF YOU CAN'T ASK WHY, YOUR [sIC] DOING SOMETHING WRONG!

See, you can apply meaningless platitudes to support any nonsense.

So yes, it's been WIDELY reported that doctors are prescribing it, but also WIDELY reported that they're doing so without any official guidance behind its use.

Because, what do they have to lose?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Good news, everyone...the treatment was a success! As quickly as he announced he's taking HCQ, he's not going to take HCQ.

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-day-ce602cbb-b5a5-4d44-9c20-db6b51494962.html

Trump is just saying that because he's anti-Trump.

Trump is just saying that because he's anti-Trump.
Either other peoples advice finally made an impact, he's having heart problems, or he's part of the NIH double blind study and the sugar pills ran out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

rustled your jimmies good

Well give the fucker a gold star and a promotion to emperor, because all Trump voters seem to care about is rustling Greg's jimmies. Here I thought they liked America and wanted it to succeed but nope, owning the libs is priority one.