Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we overreacted. The media needed something to pumped 24h a day and this was the perfect thing to get people glued to the TV./websites. In the defense of most of the scientists, the overreaction isnt the worst thing to do. No one really knew what to expect. But, lets right the ship at this point now that we have more data. We, including myself bought into the hype/fear. The people that complained about people not wearing masks have been sweating all over each other by the thousands for 2 weeks now protesting. It will be very interesting In the next few days if the virus spikes in those venerable demos that have been hit the hardest.

Data shows that won't happen. It's been nearly two weeks plus already. Most of all the crazies are young. Covid infections may happen but the hospitalizations ICU visits and Ventilator usage increases with age. The younger population just gets sick if that.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Data shows that won't happen. It's been nearly two weeks plus already. Most of all the crazies are young. Covid infections may happen but the hospitalizations ICU visits and Ventilator usage increases with age. The younger population just gets sick if that.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

That kinda proves my point doesn’t it? We overreacted.

That kinda proves my point doesn’t it? We overreacted.

Few people understand how big of an overreaction this was. I'm not saying all the experts where involved but the right ones where which drove the rest and then the media hype.

I mean come on, who takes it this far and costs the US trillions and the world total is gonna be even more mind bogglingly huge. I still can't understand it and am left with someone must have had an agenda behind it. Whether it was political, or a way to grab some huge profit or both we'll never know.

I can tell you that as a business owner I got a PPP loan which covered 10 weeks and now it's gone and the jobs still aren't back for my business and likely won't be for a few more months if we're lucky.

On the PPP loan program. It was a damned bait and switch anyway. The loans got issued with rules that the funds must be used within 8 weeks of issuance. I got mine in early on with the help of an awesome banker. Then just as week 8 for the majority of the applicants came up the .gov changed the rules to extend the usage period out to 24 weeks. LOL most business already had to spend the money on payroll which was what it was originally for and their money is now gone. Someone knew what they were doing.

We overreacted and yet 114,000 dead with another 1100 dead today and probably about the same number dead every day through the summer, at a minimum.

Imagine if we had under reacted. Yikes!

Approximately that many were always going to die no matter what we did. Only extra deaths that could have happened were if hospitals became overrun. They did not.

We overreacted and yet 114,000 dead with another 1100 dead today and probably about the same number dead every day through the summer, at a minimum.

Imagine if we had under reacted. Yikes!

What I would say to that is we all gotta go sometime, do you know how many people the flu kills every year?

Ope.

Few people understand how big of an overreaction this was. I'm not saying all the experts where involved but the right ones where which drove the rest and then the media hype.

I mean come on, who takes it this far and costs the US trillions and the world total is gonna be even more mind bogglingly huge. I still can't understand it and am left with someone must have had an agenda behind it. Whether it was political, or a way to grab some huge profit or both we'll never know.

I can tell you that as a business owner I got a PPP loan which covered 10 weeks and now it's gone and the jobs still aren't back for my business and likely won't be for a few more months if we're lucky.

Take the tin foil hat off.

I don't think we overreacted, we acted on the best information we had at the time, and theres still much to learn about this virus. Maybe your hospital wasn't over run, but many hospitals were, and the people working there had no PPE, which would only be made worse by the public buying it all up. Maybe your hospital didn't have to bring in refrigerated semi trucks to store all the bodies, but some places did. Maybe your police force didn't have hundreds of officers in quarantine, but at least Detroit did, and I'd be surprised if places like NY didn't have the same problem.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and we always remember things as being better than they actually were at the time. But I believe we did the right thing. I can't imagine what would have happened if we continued business as usual from mid-March.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

IMO we over-reacted as a whole and didn't focus enough on where the true responses should have been, namely congregate living facilities. We still continue to roll out shit like it applies the same to everyone when the data clearly shows that's not the case.

IMO we over-reacted as a whole and didn't focus enough on where the true responses should have been, namely congregate living facilities. We still continue to roll out shit like it applies the same to everyone when the data clearly shows that's not the case.
I tend to agree in hindsight, having the current info/numbers. I understand the reaction though, because they didn't know what this was going to be. It has still killed a lot of people, and will kill more, so I'm not ok with trading lives for normalcy. Just has to be some kind of happy medium where those who want/need to work, can.

My wife manages a region of 7 nursing facilities, and I can tell you from first hand experience that Ohio has dropped the ball there. Dewine has a history of a bit of a vendetta against long-term care facilities.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I agree from day one. I don't do hindsight, and don't need to, vast majority of the time I'm right when it comes to BS in the media.

She's still DeWine's health advisor...just no longer director. I don't think she's running from any blame, just had a hell of a rollercoaster ride and wants to let someone else have the fun.

Hell, I know I'd probably resign if people were protesting my work in front of my house.

Hell, I know I'd probably resign if people were protesting my work in front of my house.

Or I'd tell them to leave and if they didn't shoot one...but then I'n the bad guy not the assholes threatening me and my family...but the older I get the shorter the life sentence is

I just want to point out that this article is from May 28 and is in the liberal lefty mainstream rag "NPR." That is to say, we've known for a while now that the IFR is probably somewhere between .5% and 1% (NY released its preliminary studies in early May, which line up with this reporting from NPR). Unfortunately, with 330 million Americans and an assumed 60-70% required infection rate for "herd immunity," even that "good news" fatality rate will still mean between 1 million and 2.5 million dead Americans.

It may still come out that the IFR is even lower than .5%, which would be great news. But the antibody testing right now appears to suck ass.

I just want to point out that this article is from May 28 and is in the liberal lefty mainstream rag "NPR." That is to say, we've known for a while now that the IFR is probably somewhere between .5% and 1% (NY released its preliminary studies in early May, which line up with this reporting from NPR). Unfortunately, with 330 million Americans and an assumed 60-70% required infection rate for "herd immunity," even that "good news" fatality rate will still mean between 1 million and 2.5 million dead Americans.

It may still come out that the IFR is even lower than .5%, which would be great news. But the antibody testing right now appears to suck ass.

Exactly, greg. We've known for a while that the fatality rate is lower than 3%, and other studies were predicting around 1-1.3% weeks ago. The thing is, at 0.5-1% it's still 5-10 times as deadly as the flu, it spreads more easily (faster spread to more people), has a longer duration (3-4 weeks is not uncommon), and has long lasting damage to your lungs.

There is also no evidence that herd immunity even exists, that people who have recovered from it can't get it again, since we don't know how long the antibodies remain in your system. My friends co-worker had it in March but tested negative for antibodies...but those tests are garbage right now too.

NPR is pretty even handed reporting. More people should read and listen to NPR.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk