Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all. I'll update again as soon as we get her results.

Does anyone know of any still operating parking lot test sites? I'm still not excited about going into a doctor's office, and hoping for a simple summer bug/cold.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Does anyone know of any still operating parking lot test sites? I'm still not excited about going into a doctor's office, and hoping for a simple summer bug/cold.

I think Ohio Health is operating one at their logistics center off Silver Dr.

This might be for OPG-only patients though so I'd call first before waiting in line.

The OSU med center right off of 315 and Ackerman

It's not just being sick and getting better. It looks to have lasting effects for many. I realize this is in meme-form, but it saves me lots of typing.

5d2ee289c2d1291ebe0ebeb174854d6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That meme is false and misleading.

This statement saves me a lot of typing...

I disagree, 1% of 328M is 3.28M.

Clever.

You have one upped me.

The author of the meme is crafting a false narrative with incomplete data; I thought that was only something conservatives practice?

The authors basic math skill is accurate, I will credit that.

Spending 5 minutes searching CDC, WHO, general search for "hospitalization rates, stokes, ect" all tail effects on COVID-19 shows nothing really lines up with the authors inputs, he is acting on hyperbole to express his opinion. (however valid current information is to be believed. And it is near* certain this data will be adjusted down by magnitudes of 3-10x based upon historical analysis of pandemic information).

My mistake is me being snarky.

The author of the meme is crafting a false narrative with incomplete data; I thought that was only something conservatives practice?

Where did you see that the author of the meme was liberal or left leaning? Appears to me that he's just someone with concern about COVID-19 and its effects.

Interesting they gave no information on the age groups here.

80% of our hospitalizations in Ohio for example are over age 60 and it's not hard to believe 55% of those likely already have some heart related issues or underlying conditions. Especially given the health of most Americans and the statistics around Heart Related ailments and deaths.

Interesting they gave no information on the age groups here.

80% of our hospitalizations in Ohio for example are over age 60 and it's not hard to believe 55% of those likely already have some heart related issues or underlying conditions. Especially given the health of most Americans and the statistics around Heart Related ailments and deaths.

I guess you didn't read it:

"Doctors at Edinburgh University examined ultrasound scans known as echocardiograms from more than 1,200 patients in 69 countries and found heart problems in 55%, with one in seven exhibiting signs of “severe abnormalities”.

The scans found damage to the ventricles – the two main chambers of the heart – in more than a third of the patients, while 3% had experienced heart attacks and a further 3% had inflamed heart tissue. The majority had no known heart disease before the scans were done."

any data is good data, but to make conclusions based on 1200 people out of the population of the globe is a stretch. too small of a sample size. just because someone hasnt had any symptoms before the hospital doesnt mean they havent already had heart damage due to a non-active lifestyle

any data is good data, but to make conclusions based on 1200 people out of the population of the globe is a stretch. too small of a sample size. just because someone hasnt had any symptoms before the hospital doesnt mean they havent already had heart damage due to a non-active lifestyle

While it may be a stretch to extrapolate out from that sample, one should be willing to admit the possibility is there and be cautious regardless. Well, I am anyway. You can do whatever you want.

Not 1200 people, a subset of covid patients totaling 1200 who received echocardiograms. One could ASSuME they got the scans because they exhibited heart trouble-looking symptoms during their covid treatment/ recovery.

The majority had no known heart disease before the scans were done."

I read it. Still no reference to age and the above....."known" is the key word. LOTS of people are walking around with heart problems and don't know it. Again, look around at people, you really think a sample of 1,200 even at random, especially in Italy, is going to yield people with no pre-existing conditions like that?

"Doctors at Edinburgh University examined ultrasound scans known as echocardiograms from more than 1,200 patients in 69 countries and found heart problems in 55%, with one in seven exhibiting signs of “severe abnormalities”.

The scans found damage to the ventricles – the two main chambers of the heart – in more than a third of the patients, while 3% had experienced heart attacks and a further 3% had inflamed heart tissue. The majority had no known heart disease before the scans were done."

Just playing devils advocate here, but that doesn't really tell us much. I will fully admit that Covid could certainly lead to some cardiac issues, but I'd lean heavily towards those cardiomyopathies being there to begin with, especially as the patient age progresses.

Heart issues generally aren't detected until late stage issues arise, especially if someone isn't up on their preventative care. Most people with hypertension have no idea they have it, and have been walking around every day for years and years, beating up on their myocardium without a clue. It only becomes obvious to them when they can't breathe one day due to CHF exacerbation issues.

so what were the test results? how are you feeling? Also super curious what DeWine tells us tonight.