☆~Donald Trump 2020~☆

AWW$HEEET

clay gonna clay. not the 1st time you have celebrated folks struggling financially due to the financial impact from covid. greg asked a legitimate question and received answers that werent focused on either political party.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ Trumpers still talking about Hunter Biden. "Lock HER Up" didn't work either. :gabe:

My wife gets multiple emails from every campaign surrogate of Trump's...it's ridic. Sarah Huckabee Sanders just asked her to send $$$. They are getting desperate. Sad!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-vs-obama-better-record-213240065.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fans-left-stranded-by-the-hundreds-at-freezing-nebraska-airfield-after-rally

I would disagree on them getting desperate. I think the left is setting themselves up for another shocker. One that will throw them into a unprecedented meltdown. Im nervous what they will do this time around...

Here's an interesting take on a guy I know personally that has been pretty centric in his views. He won $42,500 in 2016 on his wagers.

Well it’s a week out until the Big E-day and my final analysis numbers are in and the wagers on PredictIt are placed. I could look super foolish come November 4th (and my wallet weigh a bit less)…

-

But here we go:

US House of Representatives:

Republicans pick up 5-10 seats. Not enough to retake the house, so the Democrats retain their majority.

-

US Senate:

Republicans lose 1 to 2 seats. But maintain a 51 or 52 seat majority. Biggest ‘toss up’ states to watch are AZ, NC, and MI.

-

US President:

President Trump wins the popular vote over Vice President Joe Biden 48.6% vs 48.4%. 3% go to 3rd party or write in candidates.

Trump takes anywhere from 276 EC votes to 326 EC votes. Winning an average of 301/302 EC votes with my most likely state split in the map below

Please note: light red or blue really are ‘toss ups’ but where my analysis gives a candidate a very slight lead.

-

And just a little note.

Since 2015 I have wagered both on Democrats & Republicans.

My first and only priority in these election analysis / predictions is to either buy undervalued markets or sell short overvalued markets.

This isn’t a partisan analysis, its an economic one.

-

With that being said, happy election week and go VOTE!

I can't make sense of the laptop story, and I've read a fair bit of coverage on it. Like, setting aside the ridiculousness of the whole backstory and the fact that Fox and the WSJ both passed on it because they couldn't verify anything, I can't figure out how the allegations being made against Joe are supposed to be devastating.

So like, explain it to me, assume everything on the emails is 100% true, will Joe go to jail? On what charges? What are the consequences, in your opinion?

Is Billary will never go to jail I bet ol' creepy uncle Joe won't either.

And the laptop thing will go away after election if Trump wins. If he loses it will get much more important but nothing will come of it.

Either way they are the elite and nothing ever comes of any thing. I've been so over the two parties for years now and don't usually care however it has been entertaining lately.

This.

clay gonna clay. not the 1st time you have celebrated folks struggling financially due to the financial impact from covid. greg asked a legitimate question and received answers that werent focused on either political party.

...wut? Please provide examples where Clay has, as you claim, "celebrated folks struggling financially due to the financial impact from covid."

Also, please show me where Clay's response was even directed at Greg's question.

I lol'd at the rap battle vid. What a couple of jokes.

Well we know Joe is a Trojan horse, so, who is pulling his lifeless strings? The people around him are...

I say this with zero sarcasm or ill intent: please show me any politician who isn't a "Trojan horse" with others pulling the strings.

Edited by Otis Nice

who knows. there is so much swirling around, it's impossible to know what is going on. Super high level, covering for inappropriate actions against a child which is endangerment to potentially using his office to profit from which may include money laundering. There has been so much info dumped lately, who knows. Could be anything from a big nothing burger to being removed from office.

Slate has a podcast called "Slow Burn," it's hit or miss but the first season attempted to play out the Watergate scandal chronologically, inferring parallels to the Mueller investigation that was going on at the same time. What was interesting was how old the "discredit the media" playbook actually was, with Nixon aides attacking Woodward and Bernstein as politically motivated liars right up until they whole charade fell apart.

Your post here, of course, is the desired result -- conmen and grifters conditioning the masses not to trust anyone, even respected investigators, scientists, and trained experts, so they can get away with whatever. This is why I'm always encouraging people to be better skeptics -- so they don't get fleeced. Throwing out the baby (quality reporting) with the bathwater (disinformation and facebook spam) is exactly what they want you to do.

Anyway, this doesn't actually address my question -- set aside whether or not the accusation is true, I'm just trying to get at what is the accusation.

I think you also have to ask if they had this information since December of last year, and it was evidence of illegal activity, why wait until now (after millions of people already voted) to release it and why has the FBI done nothing with it? And releasing it now, leaves no time for a full investigation before the election to either verify or debunk the claims.

Again, I think it's almost certainly BS, at least in part (they may have mixed some legitimate emails in with some disinformation to lend credibility to the story), but that's not my question -- what is the accusation?

Is Billary will never go to jail I bet ol' creepy uncle Joe won't either.

And again, I'm not asking anyone to weigh in on whether or not the rich will ever be held accountable for their crimes in America -- we all know that money lets you get away with anything in this country.

With the Ukraine scandal, there was a very clear allegation -- Trump used congressionally approved aid as a bargaining chip to try to get the Ukrainian government to manufacture an investigation into Joe Biden in order to advance his (Trump's) personal political interests. It's a succinct accusation. It accuses Trump of doing something clearly unethical. The consequences, real or desired, were a lot more difficult to pin down -- should he be arrested? Censured? Impeached? Regardless, even his defenders understood the accusation.

With Biden, I do not understand the accusation. Biden may have been involved in a business deal in China after he left office, but the deal fell through. Where is the impropriety? I'm just not following.

It seems that there were other globs of mud that were supposed to be slung from the laptop -- more about Burisma, and then something about child trafficking? I can't really get much information about it because it's apparently so radioactive in terms of its believability that not even shitty right wing sources are talking about it. The only bit that has even the air of credibility is the China thing, and I'm just not connecting the dots on that. Is it just supposed to target low information voters who hear "Hunter, Laptop, Biden, Scandal" and just associate Joe with corruption without thinking too hard? Like if they repeat it enough times it will become true, at least in the minds of morons?

I haven't followed the thing too closely. The primary accusation I think goes a bit like this:

A) Hunter has a been screwup his whole life

B) Burisma puts Hunter on their board despite lack of qualifications

C) Apparently there is an email(s) from the laptop referencing a meeting between Burisma execs, him, and his dad. (before or after Hunter was on the board I'm not sure)

D) Accusation is Hunter was acting as a bagman for Joe Biden while he was VP

I haven't followed the thing too closely. The primary accusation I think goes a bit like this:

A) Hunter has a been screwup his whole life

B) Burisma puts Hunter on their board despite lack of qualifications

C) Apparently there is an email(s) from the laptop referencing a meeting between Burisma execs, him, and his dad. (before or after Hunter was on the board I'm not sure)

D) Accusation is Hunter was acting as a bagman for Joe Biden while he was VP

I thought the email was from 2017, when Joe held no elected office.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well I've been following it more closely than you, and the Burisma angle doesn't include any sort of accusation that I can see. Here's the NY Post article that "broke" the story, and here's the entire text of the email that the NYP posted a screenshot of.

Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent some time together. It's realty an honor and a pleasure. As we spoke yesterday evening, would be great to meet today for a quick coffee. What do you think? I could come to you office somewhere around noon or so, before or on my way to airport.

Best ,

V

Now, setting aside that the screenshot is sketch, what is the accusation that this email supports? It does not support that Hunter was "acting as a bagman for Joe Biden" on its face. Assuming this email is legitimate, it means... Vadym Pozharskyi and Joe Biden spent some time together....

This is what I'm saying. Unless you're already convinced of a heap of stuff about Burisma and Biden, I cannot see what accusation can be derived from this laptop.

clay gonna clay. not the 1st time you have celebrated folks struggling financially due to the financial impact from covid.

Nope, i'm calling you out: show me EXACTLY where I've posted what you're describing.

If I pile on anyone, it's Trump. Supposedly, he's a tough guy and can take it.

From Biden/Harris joint statement on the fatal police interaction with an armed black man in Philly.

“We cannot accept that in this country a mental health crisis ends in death.”

how fucking dumb are these people?

What do you mean? Independent sources I've been listening to (on NPR) say his mother called for an ambulance, the police showed up first. The police escalated the situation by moving in closer instead of keeping their distance, talking, and waiting him out. His mother was pleading with the police the entire time not to shoot him.

This is at least the second police shooting within the last ~2 months that played out exactly the same, and these mothers feel like they essentially murdered their child.

Well I've been following it more closely than you, and the Burisma angle doesn't include any sort of accusation that I can see. Here's the NY Post article that "broke" the story, and here's the entire text of the email that the NYP posted a screenshot of.

Now, setting aside that the screenshot is sketch, what is the accusation that this email supports? It does not support that Hunter was "acting as a bagman for Joe Biden" on its face. Assuming this email is legitimate, it means... Vadym Pozharskyi and Joe Biden spent some time together....

This is what I'm saying. Unless you're already convinced of a heap of stuff about Burisma and Biden, I cannot see what accusation can be derived from this laptop.

I guess it ties to the concern over the claim Joe got the attorney or whoever investigating Burisma removed? I think the NYPost/Laptop stuff is viewed as corroborating, albeit circumstantial, evidence for the people that think Joe was acting improperly there.

What do you mean? Independent sources I've been listening to (on NPR) say his mother called for an ambulance, the police showed up first. The police escalated the situation by moving in closer instead of keeping their distance, talking, and waiting him out. His mother was pleading with the police the entire time not to shoot him.

This is at least the second police shooting within the last ~2 months that played out exactly the same, and these mothers feel like they essentially murdered their child.

you dont need NPR commentary to tell you what happened and how it happened. Watch the video. Its there for you to see exactly what happened.

Let me break it down for you.

Mother calls 911 because adult son is threatening people with a knife.

Dispatcher sends out EMS and Police at the same time. They usually arrive around the same time, but per protocol EMS CANNOT enter a scene unless police secure it first when a weapon is involved. Police arrive, dude has a knife and is threatening himself/people around him. Police are there to gain control over the situation. Guy paces around the neighborhood putting more people in danger that come within striking distance of him. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HE WILL DO. Police try to circle him and repeatably back up every time he moves towards them to keep distance so he cant hurt anyone else and limit collateral. Since the beginning of the confrontation police tell the guy to drop the weapon many times. Guy refuses at every opportunity. Mom is screaming at the police to not shoot him. She should have told him to drop the weapon. Police are obligated to protect innocent lives and themselves. This guys NEVER displayed anything that would lead the police to think he would drop his weapon or not hurt anyone or himself. Tasers are useless in a situation when a person has a knife within 21ft. They fail all the time. Deadly force was needed and necessary once the guy advanced at the police. This isn't a story outside of the tragedy of this guys decision to charge police with a knife.

This guy had 100% control of how this situation could have ended. He CHOSE to do what he did.

I guess it ties to the concern over the claim Joe got the attorney or whoever investigating Burisma removed? I think the NYPost/Laptop stuff is viewed as corroborating, albeit circumstantial, evidence for the people that think Joe was acting improperly there.

For one, in the interest of correcting the record, Joe emphatically DID NOT "get the attorney or whoever investigating Burisma removed." He, along with Obama and the rest of the Western world pushed for the prosecutor general, Viktor Shokin, to be removed because Shokin WAS NOT investigating Burisma. It's the exact opposite of the way you said it. Shokin was corrupt and was turning a blind eye to corruption at companies like Burisma. This is a frustrating misconception that won't seem to die. If Biden was trying to protect Hunter, he shot himself in the foot. Ergo, fake news.

For two, I cannot for the life of me how the email corroborates any unethical activity, even circumstantially. There just don't seem to be any dots there that these email connects. Hence my question.

An ambulance would have just called the police instead of approaching.

Fucking thank you. For fucks sake, EMS always prioritizes scene safety first. Always. Some manic prior offender isn't going to have one step taken towards him by EMS until police assure them it is safe.

Better send in the social workers! :dumb:

you dont need NPR commentary to tell you what happened and how it happened. Watch the video. Its there for you to see exactly what happened.

Let me break it down for you.

Mother calls 911 because adult son is threatening people with a knife.

Dispatcher sends out EMS and Police at the same time. They usually arrive around the same time, but per protocol EMS CANNOT enter a scene unless police secure it first when a weapon is involved. Police arrive, dude has a knife and is threatening himself/people around him. Police are there to gain control over the situation. Guy paces around the neighborhood putting more people in danger that come within striking distance of him. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HE WILL DO. Police try to circle him and repeatably back up every time he moves towards them to keep distance so he cant hurt anyone else and limit collateral. Since the beginning of the confrontation police tell the guy to drop the weapon many times. Guy refuses at every opportunity. Mom is screaming at the police to not shoot him. She should have told him to drop the weapon. Police are obligated to protect innocent lives and themselves. This guys NEVER displayed anything that would lead the police to think he would drop his weapon or not hurt anyone or himself. Tasers are useless in a situation when a person has a knife within 21ft. They fail all the time. Deadly force was needed and necessary once the guy advanced at the police. This isn't a story outside of the tragedy of this guys decision to charge police with a knife.

This guy had 100% control of how this situation could have ended. He CHOSE to do what he did.

That's a nice opinion and assessment.

Fucking thank you. For fucks sake, EMS always prioritizes scene safety first. Always. Some manic prior offender isn't going to have one step taken towards him by EMS until police assure them it is safe.

Better send in the social workers! :dumb:

This shows that something is systematically wrong.

Out of curiosity, how would you solve this situation?

To be totally transparent, up front, and honest, I'm not the smartest man alive nor am I the best trained to assess this situation. I, like every else here I believe, can only play armchair QB.

I THINK that training LEO's and others involved in handling situations involving mental health issues MIGHT help, but I can't prove it. I THINK that sending social workers WITH LEO's to potentially help deescalate situations MIGHT help, but I can't prove it.

How would I handle the situation? I don't know. I have not been trained in situations such as this...and I'm guessing most (if not all) in this thread weighing in haven't either. I have no experience...and I'm guessing most (if not all) in this thread weighing in haven't either.

So, if my assumptions are correct (and they may not be), we're ALL just playing armchair QB and acting as though we have the answers when the reality is we have no education and no experience on such matters. I cannot speak for everyone here but in my profession if you come in with no education and no experience your opinion means very little...just as mine (and presumably everyone else's) does here.

So, in my uneducated opinion, I feel as though something is systematically wrong when the answer is, "kill 'em first, ask questions later." I am also someone who has trained in and trained others in self defense, believe in 2A, and understands the "21 foot rule" (again, as I have acquired the skills and licensing in the past to train others in hand to hand combat/defense).

Maybe that answers your question, maybe not. I just know that to me personally it feels as though something is wrong with the system and training. Again, I'm not smart enough to have an "answer" to correct that. I honestly don't know that there IS a clear cut answer. I just know that statistically our country seems to have a lot more issues with things like this than most others.