E90 BMW Battery Registration Question

Geeto67

I think I paid 200 or 250 for my optima vette battery several years ago so those numbers don't look out of line
Yep, the battery for my G8 was the same. The original was made in italy, I could only imagine what that would cost for exact replacement.

I believe it is partially due to today's batteries being mounted around the cabin/trunk and requiring different venting.

Derek...star tires?? please explain...so kellys just quoted 482 to replace & reg

Just means it meets BMW quality standards. Each star rated tire has been testing for that vehicles standards, etc.

yeah our labor for batteries is not real cheap. Its 1.5 hrs $158/hr. So $200-225 plus the install and registration. Our website has a 15% off coupon. That should apply.

Can't an indep shop register the battery, like Tom Hatem in Grandview? I have a 14 535 that still has the original battery.

Tom Hatem did my last one. I bought the battery, I installed it, they just hooked it up to their computer machine and charged me 30min labor.

the Carly app on your phone can do it too, but it's like $60 for the adapter and app.

I do want to mention that recently I took it out of the car and on the workbench it wouldn't take a charge beyond 11.9V so I had it warranty replaced. NAPA handled this without a single question. I don't know if this was a defect in the battery, or because of a defective alternator or diode which NAPA also warrantied.

One of the cells in the battery failed. You should see 2.25V or so per cell, there should be 6 cells present. Your voltage was higher due to charging it on the bench. Sounds like one cell opened in your battery. This is a common failure mode for AGM batteries. If the voltage collapses to zero under load, that is indicative of an open cell.