20 year pappy..story

Mace1647545504

So, what's the actual value of this thing? :p

It's a $200 bottle retail but the secondary is full spud. Around here ~$1200 is the going rate for this one as far as I've seen. In other states where the stores prices aren't controlled by the liquor agency I've seen them on shelves for ~$4500-$7k.

So, to answer your question, as with anything it's worth what anyone is willing to pay.

WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No lie. Martelle saw it on a shelf in FL for $5500 or so IIRC. Depends on the market wherever it is located and following some bourbon/whiskey groups on FB it doesn't even shock me anymore to see folks asking that. They hype drove the market WAY up over the last few years. Started building slowly then BOOM. Everyone started rushing to make bourbon so the market is flooded with low aged things now and the secondary prices on the good ones are just stupid.

Thankfully in Ohio the prices are controlled. That's why we don't see that. What's also controlled is what we get when so there's the flipside. OHLQ will sit on things leaving them in the warehouse for months or years until they decide it's time to release them, do a lotto, etc.

Just got the text from my son..he sold it in nashville for $2k..wow

Good for him. I would've def sampled then sold the rest. Yes that's a thing and yes I've seen an open bottle with a few less ounces still sell for ~$1k. :dumb:

Just got the text from my son..he sold it in nashville for $2k..wow

There have also been instances of folks buying empties, filling them with some other bourbon/whiskey, sealing them so well it's hard to tell it's been opened, and still getting hundreds to thousands depending.