☆~Sleepy Joe 2021~☆

Mitch

Honest question. How many more gun laws are going to be needed to address this problem? At what point do we say, Ok...now its sufficient. There is no answer. Its never enough.

If we all agree that 1 act of gun violence is too much, then let's just get straight to the point of what the gun control side wants, and that's a total ban. Just say it out loud and we can get this conversation started. Quit putting on this facade that that isn't the real goal.

And no, I don't agree that further control is needed. There are a whole slew of laws already on the books and we still have a problem, predominantly within one community. Go to that community and figure out what their problem is.

bingo -

remove those communities from the equation and the conversation fall apart. People in south Dakota aren't shooting up their neighborhoods every night. Thats reserved for parts of Chicago, DC, LA, etc within specific groups. I know thats uncomfortable for people to realize, but im not giving an inch so that the bullshit can continue in those cities while I have to give up my rights.

Fix that shit with your laws in those cities, show everyone that it works, then we can have a conversation about the law abiding gun owner in America.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the dems were effective at mobilizing minority communities to come out and vote for an old, senile, white, racists for president. I would imagine if they cared about gun laws and murder rates they could do something to mobilize their communities. Can they have a wall to wall PR campaign with Beyonce and Jay Z, to make gun violence not cool anymore in the communities that commit it the most. Then we can talk about the relatively small percentage of gun violence in regards to mass shootings etc. Those are the hot button topics because they play out in the communities your average American is in. it makes us feel unsafe. But as long as it happens in the minority communities, it can be overlooked?

It would be helpful if they actually tracked that information, but I suspect they dont because those murder rates would tell a story that wouldn't be conducive to changing laws for the majority of America...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/media/tj-ducklo-white-house-suspended/index.html

Hey remember when Trump suspended Sean Spicer/Sarah Huckabee-Sanders/Kayleigh McEanany for threatening reporters from the POTUS press podium?

Yeah, neither do I because it didn't fucking happen. If anything he encouraged them to "fight back". I do remember when they Pulled Jim Acosta's press pass though in retaliation for his following up on a story. #notthesame

why are you deflecting...lets work on the current problem..this guy was really nasty yt a woman..where is the empathy???????????

Please don"t be a hypocrite on this...

Edited by Mace

Your encouragement of this impeachment when you knew there was no way 2/3 was voting to convict....wowie

It was a distraction from what they need to actually do. You know that you just won’t admit it.

Why is your go-to reply just to repeat what your opponent says? I'm asking honestly.

BTW, your response to this post is how I view the entire thread - why argue about it when arguing does no good? It's a literal waste of time.

Why is your go-to reply just to repeat what your opponent says? I'm asking honestly.

BTW, your response to this post is how I view the entire thread - why argue about it when arguing does no good? It's a literal waste of time.

It’s been super effective - that’s why bud

And after years of bitching about trumps press corp..here is the kinder gentler side now

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-deputy-press-secretary-172323287.html

NPR: White House Press Aide TJ Ducklo Resigns Over Threats Against Reporter.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/13/967745623/white-house-press-aide-tj-ducklo-resigns-over-threats-against-reporter?ft=nprml&f=1001

He's gone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So you're a troll with no real desire to change anyone's mind, just insult people who disagree with you?

I dont think anyone here is having their minds changed. Do you? Is that what you're expecting?

I think we are all here just shouting our opinions at each other while big brother aims the magnifying glass at groups of people until they burst into flames.

I dont agree with greg or Kerry 99% of the time, maybe you too idk. Using the same tactics, virtue signaling and gaslighting against the left leaning on this thread is now a troll move? Also, where did I insult anyone in this thread? On the contrary, id happily shake hands with anyone here, unless your worried about COVID, we can air fist bump. I can completely disagree with someones politics, but still find commonality with them. I do it everyday.

I dont think anyone here is having their minds changed. Do you? Is that what you're expecting?

If I'm having a good-faith discussion with someone, yes, I expect someone to change their opinion at the end of the discussion, or at least learn something.

I think we are all here just shouting our opinions at each other while big brother aims the magnifying glass at groups of people until they burst into flames.

That's what it looks like from outside the discussion, and I don't understand the point.

I dont agree with greg or Kerry 99% of the time, maybe you too idk. Using the same tactics, virtue signaling and gaslighting against the left leaning on this thread is now a troll move? Also, where did I insult anyone in this thread? On the contrary, id happily shake hands with anyone here, unless your worried about COVID, we can air fist bump. I can completely disagree with someones politics, but still find commonality with them. I do it everyday.

It's a troll move for sure, especially if it's against someone specifically for their ideology or party rather than specific policy. Looking back, I think that has offended me more than anything you've specifically said to anyone personally. I think I took your general view (seemingly looking down on those who disagree with you, it comes across pretty arrogant) as offensive and as attacks. Yes I understand the irony in me saying that.

Looking back on your posts, you are right, you never insult anyone directly, but you are insulting to groups of people (once again, usually the groups who disagree with you).

I can't speak for Greg or Kerry. I usually agree with Kerry politically but he's such an offensive person to me that I have placed him on 'ignore' here on CR so I don't see his posts. Once again, I feel that engaging with him is ignorant and pointless. He adds nothing to any discussion that I've seen. Your posts at least have clarity and intelligence, he gets emotional and goes off on tangents. I've engaged him in the past for the same thing. I believe he is incapable of learning. And yes, he absolutely is a troll for using the tactics he uses.

I don’t expect anyone in this thread to have their minds changed, but I hope to at least provide some insight that another may not have the same views or opinions on everything they do. If we can at least gain an understanding of the differing opinion, maybe they can have some compassion or consider compromise on some disagreements.

Sadly, it seems as though if you disagree you just get shouted at louder until they feel their opinion drowns out yours and they’ve won. Hence why I’ve pretty much stopped posting in many threads that skew.

If I'm having a good-faith discussion with someone, yes, I expect someone to change their opinion at the end of the discussion, or at least learn something.

That's what it looks like from outside the discussion, and I don't understand the point.

It's a troll move for sure, especially if it's against someone specifically for their ideology or party rather than specific policy. Looking back, I think that has offended me more than anything you've specifically said to anyone personally. I think I took your general view (seemingly looking down on those who disagree with you, it comes across pretty arrogant) as offensive and as attacks. Yes I understand the irony in me saying that.

Looking back on your posts, you are right, you never insult anyone directly, but you are insulting to groups of people (once again, usually the groups who disagree with you).

I can't speak for Greg or Kerry. I usually agree with Kerry politically but he's such an offensive person to me that I have placed him on 'ignore' here on CR so I don't see his posts. Once again, I feel that engaging with him is ignorant and pointless. He adds nothing to any discussion that I've seen. Your posts at least have clarity and intelligence, he gets emotional and goes off on tangents. I've engaged him in the past for the same thing. I believe he is incapable of learning. And yes, he absolutely is a troll for using the tactics he uses.

I’ll give you that - I have more or less attacked (I feel that’s a pretty strong word though) the left leaning in this thread. I can admit that. I don’t feel like I’ve gone quite as far as others in here. I’m not demanding people apologize for voting for Biden..