Does anyone know who owns this Qvale

Mace1647545504

TIL: Central Ohio includes Dayton, Cleveland, and Chicago.

We're getting to that point. In IL, you could be 2-3 hours from CHI (like S. Wisconsin) and consider yourself Chicago.

Seen census data for work...if you're in Ohio, you're going to Columbus first in a big way, Cincy second. Cleveland is flat to negative population growth. Death/moving rates are consuming most of the other MSAs in the state. Not much large corporate/capital market investments in CLE.

At least we're not Michigan.

So here is my thought on why Ohio has so many rare weird-o cars: Ohio State, The auto industry, and the shipping industry.

Ohio state has a huge engineering program. Engineers tend to have a high concentration of gearheads.

Although the auto industry is in Detroit, Ohio is littered with smaller engineering and manufacturing suppliers to the OEMs. These shops not only attract a pool of craftsman but some of them also support the classic and sports car industries.

Ohio is one of the top shipping hubs in the country. If you can get it to a port, you can get it to ohio. This makes importing rare weirdo cars a lot easier (and cheaper) than most places.

Also having a long boring winter does help, esp with restoration projects.

Casey Putsch (the guy famous on here for wrecking his Viper GTS on 33 in Dublin, but otherwise the guy who runs genius garage) has a 1989 Michael Keaton turbine powered batmobile that he built. It was parked at Toy Barn for a while, I took my kid to see it. Casey lives here in Cbus.

Casey is the guy that owns the Lykan Hypersport, too. He's had it out to Mid-Ohio a time or two.

Although Genius Garage is in Bowling Green, though, right?

So here is my thought on why Ohio has so many rare weird-o cars: Ohio State, The auto industry, and the shipping industry.

Ohio state has a huge engineering program. Engineers tend to have a high concentration of gearheads.

Although the auto industry is in Detroit, Ohio is littered with smaller engineering and manufacturing suppliers to the OEMs. These shops not only attract a pool of craftsman but some of them also support the classic and sports car industries.

Ohio is one of the top shipping hubs in the country. If you can get it to a port, you can get it to ohio. This makes importing rare weirdo cars a lot easier (and cheaper) than most places.

Also having a long boring winter does help, esp with restoration projects.

Important to note that it is the 7th largest state by population in the country. Being in banking most of my career, I can tell you there are quiet corners of money or passionate hobbyists all over this state for a myriad of reasons (corporate, old money, new money, government/military).

Lots of people surprised at what this state shows off, but I've grown to love it here. DESPITE THE FUCKING WINTERS. :lol: