Has anyone read this thing about the gorilla glue

Mace1647545504

Kerry how can you call this an accident. She obviously knew gorilla glue had more adhesive than regular glue, just as the tv advertisements state, this was just stupidity or laziness at its best. And the product tells you to avoid contact with skin, the last time I check hair is attached to skin.

So I'm going to give a Kerry example: I've never shot or owned a gun but on bugs bunny I see him and daffy get shot repeatedly but come back in the next scene.

So I go purchase a shotgun and shoot someone in the head, but you don't come back to life and make cute/funny comments like in looney tunes because your head is gone. My defense..it was an accident..I've seen bugs and daffy come back a thousand times. I've never shot a gun and thought it would be funny to see in real life.

Verdict..life in prison or death.

Edited by Mace

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She obviously didn’t know or she wouldn’t have. I’m sure one really sets out to go through an ordeal like this on purpose.

man i don't know some people are attention whores..hence tictok, fb live, cr kitchen..lol..etc.

maybe she thought acetone would take it out of her hair.

If you're dumb enough to put glue on your head it's not the educational status of the region, you're just a stupid human that was raised by equally stupid people.

Have you ever actually looked at a bottle of Gorilla Glue? It says plain as day in big bold letters not to put it on your skin.

Honestly, I'm not shocked that people are doing everything but holding this mouth breathing fucktard accountable, it's America and it's what we do these days.

If you're dumb enough to put glue on your head it's not the educational status of the region, you're just a stupid human that was raised by equally stupid people.

Have you ever actually looked at a bottle of Gorilla Glue? It says plain as day in big bold letters not to put it on your skin.

Honestly, I'm not shocked that people are doing everything but holding this mouth breathing fucktard accountable, it's America and it's what we do these days.

it's astonishing that ANYONE would side with her versus agree with exactly what you said above.

As discussed earlier in this post, its not uncommon for people use glue in their hair, it's been a home technique for people for a long time. Elmer's glue which is usually what is used also says don't put on skin, but people still use it.

What do you mean by not holding her accountable? How is she not accountable? and what does accountable mean to you anyway?

She seemed like she was in a good deal of pain, so she certainly isn't avoiding consequences. So to be accountable she should continue to be in pain until when? It's already cost her money too, so how is she not feeling the consequences? should she go broke from this?

So what does it mean that she's not "accountable"? Oh I get it, holding someone accountable means you get to call them dumb, laugh at their misery, and generally be an asshole to them. Unless you somehow have another definition here, then by all means, tell me what you think it means to be accountable?

If you response is to see someone in pain is to say "Ha ha, she dumb, fuck her" then you probably aren't a good person.

People empathize with people that don't do stupid things to themselves.

Honestly, if she were some illiterate I'd say, well she couldn't read or if some asshat poured on her head but she did it to herself

I'm not a get off my lawn old man, I'm a realist..again she is a teacher..wouldn't she expect her class to read their assignment before they acted upon it??

When you put a vehicle together don't you read the instructions before proceeding.

People empathize with people that don't do stupid things to themselves.

About 2 or 3 years ago I had a real bad off at Nelson Ledges. I got the red mist chasing another Miata on Hoosiers when I was running some tired old RC-1s. Took a risk going into T1 trying to close the gap, got loose, and left the track surface at 80mph. It wasn't a race, just an instructor session at a DE. But dammit... I couldn't let him pull away. My ego was at stake.

The only reason I didn't total the car or injure myself is because the ground was waterlogged from a storm the day before and I stopped inches from the tire wall. It was stupid. I did a stupid thing to myself.

You think everyone there that day roasted me? Do you think they roasted me behind my back? Do you feel the urge to start a thread talking about how stupid I was?

There's nothing wrong with saying, "Well that was stupid, but we all make dumb mistakes and I'm glad you're OK now." Normal human response.

It's possible to acknowledge that she made a mistake, a stupid one at that, and still have empathy for her.

#normalhumanemotionsareOK

Never said I didn't have empathy for her. I've gotten various glues on my hands from mounting RC tires and building models, it sucks.

I'm still going hold the opinion that she's a total dumbass. I can only feel bad for someone to a certain point when they do something so stupid.

As discussed earlier in this post, its not uncommon for people use glue in their hair, it's been a home technique for people for a long time. Elmer's glue which is usually what is used also says don't put on skin, but people still use it.

What do you mean by not holding her accountable? How is she not accountable? and what does accountable mean to you anyway?

She seemed like she was in a good deal of pain, so she certainly isn't avoiding consequences. So to be accountable she should continue to be in pain until when? It's already cost her money too, so how is she not feeling the consequences? should she go broke from this?

So what does it mean that she's not "accountable"? Oh I get it, holding someone accountable means you get to call them dumb, laugh at their misery, and generally be an asshole to them. Unless you somehow have another definition here, then by all means, tell me what you think it means to be accountable?

If you response is to see someone in pain is to say "Ha ha, she dumb, fuck her" then you probably aren't a good person.

Never said any of that, that's what you're assuming and putting out there.

Never said any of that, that's what you're assuming and putting out there.

You literally said she's not being held accountable and I asked you what that meant in this context. Answer the question.

if you need your exact words here they are:

people are doing everything but holding this mouth breathing fucktard accountable

greg..after I was sure you were ok, i then would have said what the F were you thinking racing on bald tires.

We've all done stupid things..I rode motorcycles in shorts..one time I was waiting for gas some old guy put his car in reverse. I pulled my bike back and burned the crap out of my leg.

Had to get silvedine( probably not spelled correctly)..skin actually was laying on the pipe.

I then always rode with jeans. I rode once the law was passed helmetless.

We have to take responsibility for our own stupidity. Why did she go on tictok?

You literally said she's not being held accountable and I asked you what that meant in this context. Answer the question.

if you need your exact words here they are:

I really just skimmed your wall of condescending text, to be honest.

You did say:

Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post

Somebody mentioned her being a teacher, but She's a Teacher in Louisiana, the second worst school system in the country (Mississippi next door is the worst).

To me, that looks like you're providing an excuse. There's also been plenty of people on social media commenting that she didn't know any better, it was the company's fault, and so on, again, not holding her accountable for her actions.

What do I mean by accountability? She put something called GLUE in her hair without reading the label it appears. My wife and I watched the videos she posted on TicTok about it, it certainly sucks and I feel bad for her being in pain, but she clearly didn't read the label.

I understand people put glue in their hair like Elmers or other ethnic hair products, but I'm willing to be they read the label.

I guess I can't wrap my mind around the fact that someone would do this without reading the label or researching if it would work. That's why you'll never see people with common sense going viral for something this stupid.

I really just skimmed your wall of condescending text, to be honest. [/Quote]

I deserve that, I guess.

You did say:

Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post

Somebody mentioned her being a teacher, but She's a Teacher in Louisiana, the second worst school system in the country (Mississippi next door is the worst).

To me, that looks like you're providing an excuse. There's also been plenty of people on social media commenting that she didn't know any better, it was the company's fault, and so on, again, not holding her accountable for her actions.

So there are times people should be accountable for their actions. You commit a crime, there should be a trial and if convicted a sentencing and imprisonment. If I back over my neighbor's lawn, I am accountable for the damage my tire marks I left and should pay for the damage.

What does this woman owe me that I have to hold her "accountable" for? She hasn't harmed me or cost me money or really affected my life in any way, so what am I holding her accountable for?

I am not responsible for her in any way, so what does it matter if I say "it was a mistake", my "excuse" doesn't excuse her from any consequences. I guess I just don't see it as my role to condemn a person I don't interact with and owes me nothing and only really harmed themselves.

What do I mean by accountability? She put something called GLUE in her hair without reading the label it appears. My wife and I watched the videos she posted on TicTok about it, it certainly sucks and I feel bad for her being in pain, but she clearly didn't read the label.

I understand people put glue in their hair like Elmers or other ethnic hair products, but I'm willing to be they read the label.

I guess I can't wrap my mind around the fact that someone would do this without reading the label or researching if it would work. That's why you'll never see people with common sense going viral for something this stupid.

ok so she didn't read the label. It was a bad judgement call, she's in pain for it. She hasn't dodged any consequences.

I can sort of, kind of see maybe a point to be made about accountability in the sense that she is appealing for help with the the situation and to some that can feel like an emotional manipulation to donate money, but I don't believe she did this on purpose or that she will intentionally profit from it.

Did she setup the gofundme herself or did someone do it for her? Her accountability (in my opinion) should be her paying her own medical bills for her mistake. Instead people are donating money for her to do that and she is going after GG.

In your wildest dreams, could you imagine that putting glue anywhere on your body would cost $12,000 in medical bills? I can't and I have a pretty vivid imagination. $12,000 is the kind of expense that could bankrupt most folks. Is it your honest assertion that the only way she is accountable is if this mistake ruins her financially and drives her into poverty? She isn't costing you anything so where is the line?

If we were talking maybe $1200 or heck even $2400, maybe I could see a go fund me being an overkill. But still nobody is forcing anybody to donate. What's wrong with people wanting to help other people?

As far as the lawsuit is concerned, she hasn't filed suit yet, all they are reporting is that she talked to a lawyer. I don't see her as having a case, but I'm not a products liability lawyer, so who knows.

At this stage, a physician donated the $12,000 procedure so the go fund me has become moot. Let's see what she does with it before we condemn her.