Cruisin Classics Performance Center?

2 Sweet

Anyone ever deal with this shop before, or hear much about them?

https://www.cruisinperformance.com/

I would just like to have a few minor things done to my '85 K10, but I don't want to spend a small fortune on an alignment and a carb rebuild. I have dealt with shops in the past that specialize in high dollar builds and restorations and such, and I don't want to be in another situation where I'm quoted an insane price for some very basic maintenance.

Unfortunately I don't have the time/space/ability to do the work myself at the moment, and I'm not some rich guy with an unlimited budget like many of the customers at these "specialty" shops. But I think the truck is probably too old/uncommon to take to your everyday repair shop.

Yeah, I'm probably over thinking this.

Have you tried Northend Wrench?

+1. Hit up Sean (Crossle on CR) first. Not sure of their availability as they are busy.

I took my ‘75 Dodge-chassis RV to Noebull Automotive on Kenny/Henderson road area. They do a good job. Full alignment rack as well. They deal in carb’d stuff. I think a full 4-wheel alignment would be around $100.

Keep in mind that, depending on what the shops are charging, there may be a good, out-of-the-box new carb for your K5 for $300-500 that you might be able to throw on instead of paying someone to rebuild the old one. That’s what I’m doing with my RV.

Have you tried Northend Wrench?

+1. Hit up Sean (Crossle on CR) first. Not sure of their availability as they are busy.

I took my ‘75 Dodge-chassis RV to Noebull Automotive on Kenny/Henderson road area. They do a good job. Full alignment rack as well. They deal in carb’d stuff. I think a full 4-wheel alignment would be around $100.

Keep in mind that, depending on what the shops are charging, there may be a good, out-of-the-box new carb for your K5 for $300-500 that you might be able to throw on instead of paying someone to rebuild the old one. That’s what I’m doing with my RV.

Thanks, guys. I always forget about Northend Wrench, I haven't been there yet but I have heard good things.

I bought the truck at the beginning of November and put about 500 miles on it. It has a Holley carb and it ran and drove great except for one minor hiccup crossing a set of bumpy railroad tracks that caused it to stall, and took several attempts to fire back up. Was perfectly fine once I could get it to hold an idle, and it never gave me a problem again after that. I'm assuming it was a stuck float, but I don't know dick about carburetors. Maybe it was just a fluke, or maybe it was a sign of things to come. Also there is no choke, which isn't a big deal because I don't drive it in the cold, but still something to consider.

The truck rides straight down the road, but the steering isn't self centering. It's not a big deal, but going around turns on rough roads can catch you off guard at times because it feels like it wants to wander. It's a weird feeling, and I think it has something to do with the aftermarket steering stabilizer. Also the steering wheel isn't on center, so I definitely want an alignment shop to check it out and see where things stand.