2003 E46 Gets Ready to be SOLD...

TTQ B4U

So Larry aka MACE here on CR picked up a really nice and clean E46 in Topaz Blue Metallic but due to having a bum knee the 6spd portion of the car, while fun, is a bit of wear and tear for the joint and as per him, he just won't be able to enjoy it nearly enough to justify keeping it.

It's a 2003 with just over 82k on the clock and overall a beautiful example for a car with that age and miles on it. To prep it for sale we decided on a Basic Polish & Protect for the exterior and the Premium Interior Detail for life inside the cabin. In this case the money was spent cleaning and conditioning the leather and providing the fabric/carpeted areas with a super deep dry cleaning.

While it was here he also decided to have the convertible top thoroughly cleaned and a 2-3 year marine grade water repellent treatment applied as it looks new and he wants it to stay that way for the new owner.

Overall the car turned out great and I wish Larry the best of luck selling it but I don't think it's going to take much as the 30 or so minutes of fun I with the car while he road shot-gun proves there's a solid reason why these are so sought after and how nice they really are. It absolutely drives like new.

Thank you again for the trust in my work Larry!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Wow! That thing looks amazing.

Drives like it to. Really. We did some video for his for-sale posting and I was privileged he let me spend 30 minutes behind the wheel. Have never driven one like this but if this is what an 18yr copy drives and handles like I very much understand why they have a cult following.

I thought of you for a 4 seat vert when doing this one since IIRC, you had an older BMW Vert or something at one time.

I thought of you for a 4 seat vert when doing this one since IIRC, you had an older BMW Vert or something at one time.

Thanks for the consideration. Mace took a look at my V when it was for sale as well. I appreciate those E46 M3s very much and he’s definitely got a worthy one.

I got a Jeep that’s doing convertible duty for me and the kiddos these days. :cool: with work/baby/car projects I’m just not driving as much...just don’t need a fast fun car for another 2-3 years.

[mention]Mace [/mention] As an M fan boi, this is such a fantastic spec. Topaz on Dove LCI 6MT with no nav is a rare bird. This will sell easily and she looks spectacular. Any info on rod bearings, valve adjustment, subframe reinforcement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
A guy from Massachusetts is coming down Monday to trailer it home.

I tried to tell him to drive it home.

I'll miss it...but thanks to a great detail job it was an easy sale !!

He saw it and fell in love with it....

Thank you Tim

That is awesome to hear and I'm glad you did very well on it! Never underestimate the power of a clean car to invoke the emotion to buy! Worked on me with my own car....the Accord too. Congratulations again and thank you for the opportunity.

Keep all those pics as a nice reminder of what a beauty she is/was for you.