8yr old 90k Acura restored to glory

TTQ B4U

So this week's Ceramic Saturday was another referral from CR's own Nick Boyd.

This nearly 8 year old 2014 Acura RDX finished in Crystal Black Pearl, has just over 90k miles on it, and was beginning to show its age. The owner Joe, also a CR Member, mechanic and car enthusiast, purchased this vehicle a little over one year ago for his wife and while it is nice, it just wasn't living up to the look he wanted his wife to enjoy.

Joe wasn't aiming to invest in perfection which makes sense given it's age and intended purpose. Nor was he focused on smaller secondary items that weren't in horrible shape. Thus most of my time was spent on on the paint correction and ceramic for day-forward ease of cleaning. Given how badly it was swirled out we decided on my Premium Enhancement Polish approach and then to lock in the results with a solid CarPro Ceramic Coating.

I also worked to remove the water spots that had built up on all the windows and sealed them up with a very hydrophobic sealant as well. Overall the appearance defects were greatly reduced to clearly 80% or better. Not quite a full correction but great and perfect for an older daily driver.

The whole vehicle was pretty swirled out.

Couple Cell shots Before / After Polishing

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg