$1,000 christmas gift

HotCarl

If you're significant other gave you a choice of Christmas gift and you have $1,000 to spend, what would it be?

Backround, this is about the amount we're spending on each other. Some years its more, some its less, but this is just ballpark. And I cannot think of anything i really WANT for Christmas. Sounds silly but i already have everything i could think of and don't really want anything. I've thought about a new rifle, maybe a squat rack or rower for my home gym, wheels and tires for my Taco but i might be getting rid of that in the next year anyway.

Not that it will sway my decision at all , just curious what you guys would choose.

I always enjoy learning new things. Hence my having WAY too many hobbies. $1000 is a good start at just about anything. Whatever I chose to spend it on I would try to make it something to enrich myself or make myself better/happier. You could blow it on a TV, but that's just an excuse to sit around and do nothing. Pick something you're interested in and learn more about it. Hell, take a college class. Pick something that sounds interesting and sign up. Or start a new hobby.

Beer brewing/Wine making

Flying R/C planes or Drones (Drone might turn into side work)

iRacing

3D printing

CNC wood carving

Scuba lessons

Camping/hiking

Those are just some ideas right off the top of my head. Right now I wouldn't hang on to the money, it's loosing value by the minute.

I would put that on a Concept 2 rower. Only piece I'm missing, to what I want at the house. Then it becomes the gift that keeps on giving. LOL

yeah as long as i actually use it lol, but i think this is what we settled on. we'll call it an investment.

I always enjoy learning new things. Hence my having WAY too many hobbies. $1000 is a good start at just about anything. Whatever I chose to spend it on I would try to make it something to enrich myself or make myself better/happier. You could blow it on a TV, but that's just an excuse to sit around and do nothing. Pick something you're interested in and learn more about it. Hell, take a college class. Pick something that sounds interesting and sign up. Or start a new hobby.

Beer brewing/Wine making

Flying R/C planes or Drones (Drone might turn into side work)

iRacing

3D printing

CNC wood carving

Scuba lessons

Camping/hiking

Those are just some ideas right off the top of my head. Right now I wouldn't hang on to the money, it's loosing value by the minute.

I've always really enjoyed wood working, building little stool and shelves, etc... nothing too crazy but when we had the baby I had ZERO free time to invest into anything else. That's slowly getting better the older she gets though and I'll probably revisit some of the old hobbies I use to enjoy.

but when we had the baby I had ZERO free time to invest into anything else. That's slowly getting better the older she gets though and I'll probably revisit some of the old hobbies I use to enjoy.

I thought the same, never revisited anything….. I keep telling myself I’ll get a fun car again and get back to the old fun stuff but it never seems to happen. When they were babies it was no free time, now it’s no money.

I would put that on a Concept 2 rower. Only piece I'm missing, to what I want at the house. Then it becomes the gift that keeps on giving. LOL

The past 2 years I buy gym equipment when it pops up for a good deal. I have 2 of them now, the last one I just picked up for $400!