Track bike in Metro parks

Uncle Punk

I was luck enough to have access to a 2008 ZX10R for a few days. I lent my bike to an old friend who hasn't had a street bike for a few years and we went riding through the metro park Sunday afternoon somewhere around 4 to 6pm. We started in North Olmsted just off Cedar point road and rode east to Riverview. Just east of Brecksville road there is a road named Meadows drive. We rode it north until it ended, turned around to go back to Valley parkway when half way back a track bike passed us going the other way. Who was it? Is it someone from here? It was a yellow plate and I think the number was 155 but not sure.

The ZX10R is a monster. Wow, are 1000s fun to ride!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we would have had more time we would have tried to find him. If that bike made it all the way out there from North Ridgeville I would be surprised. I was thinking it would have been more local to that area. I would like to try my track bike on the road some time but don't think I would take that chance.

If we would have had more time we would have tried to find him. If that bike made it all the way out there from North Ridgeville I would be surprised. I was thinking it would have been more local to that area. I would like to try my track bike on the road some time but don't think I would take that chance.

Just don't get caught ;)

I could be really wrong about the number. I was trying to concentrate on the road. There was another bike that turned onto the read just as we made it to the end to turn around. We let him go for a while and tried to see if we could catch him before it ended. It's really a fun road that apparently more people know about than I thought. It's not long enough to be a destination road but worth doing if your in the area.

i'm trying to look these roads up on google maps without much luck.. i found the metro park over near Hopkins, and that looks interesting... what's the speed limit through there though.. i rode a little park near my house and it was 10mph, and my exhaust ruined a bunch of people's picnics :D

tell me that metro park has a greater than 10mph speed limit as that seems to be where all the corners in this city are.

Most of the Metro is 30 I think....maybe 35 but can't remember. You can rock a few parts of it if you start on the very northern end and head south (i.e. Rocky River off RT 2).

The problem is the cagers and the metro po-po.

I live off of no bottom on the Berea N.olmstead border. I ride that park alot(car and bike) Watch the rangers, they do not like bikes to much. The limit is 30 for the parts I have ridden. It gets boring once you cross bagley rd. past wallace lake. I take the park home all the time from work to bypass traffic on 237.

For the new guy.

There is a fun run out of On The Edge this Sunday. http://www.ontheedgehonda-suzuki.com/event_calendar.asp

Thursdays at Kennedys they have a cookout, free food. http://www.kennedyscycles.com/

Both places are close to you. Looking at your pictures in your other thread it looks like you might be very close to JRMMiii.

You can hit Kennedy's for the free food, then head to bike night at QSL if that's your thing. I show up once in a while, but I like to ride, and it's hard to hit the twisties in the QSL parking lot.

Sooooo....was the ZX10 kind to you? The handling makes it feel like a 600, compared to the 06. I hate that Kaw has tried to soften the bikes bottom end bite since the 05, but the top end is a beast. Dyno charts (even on the 06) show it just keeps pulling at red line.

I ended up putting my $200 euro turn signals on about a week ago, and I went back to the stock windscreen. The Puig just didn't look right to me along the sides. I don't know if it's the lack of the He-Man Castle of Greyskull diamonds that Kaw calls turn signals, or the lack of the double bubble, or both, but highway riding seems a little less stable to me.

Ride the wheels off that bitch before you give it back!

The fun run is different every year I think it's about 100 miles. I got there early last year and programmed the route into my GPS but I have since deleted it. I can find out when the first bikes go out tomorrow from our favorite salesman at Kennedys.

Free food at Kennedys then on to QSL is a plan. I agree with you about how QSL can be boring if people aren't going out for a ride sometime that night. I even go out and follow the stunters when they go out for entertainment.

Justin, I know about where you live but not exactly. I think the cluster homes Vortac is living in is in your development. I live in a development on the other side of Abbey.

Regrettably the 10 went back last night and I will miss it. I don't think I should have ridden it as much as I did because now I have to have one. The motor seems tamer than the 2006, the brakes are better and the handling is way better. If he will let this bike go cheap enough when he gets the 2010 it’s all mine.

The brakes are better than the 06, but I think I think I like the ZX14 calipers just a tad bit better. Their initial bite was much stronger..which can be a good or bad thing. BUT..now that I said that, I also threw some new pads and steel braided lines on there when I put the ZX14's on..so it's not a fair comparison.

Glad to see you were happy with it..my only complaints have been the blatant tame ness on the low end, and the gas mileage. I'm getting about 32-33 MPG. Gotta pay to play I guess.

I forgot about the damn gas mileage, holy shit does it suck down the gas. That was the only complaint I had about it. Tameness yes, slow no. It might feel tame but the bike is completely stock and I pulled a friends piped(full system), power commanded and tuned ZX12r multiple times.

I agree Tod..It's definitely NOT slow, you just have to know how to work the gears to get instant gratification. As much as I hate the lower end of the tach, I'm in love with the mid to upper range.

That wouldn't happen to be a certain ZX12 that met it's demise at one point in time would it?

I thought I'd chime in on this.

As far as that fun run goes, I swore I would never ever do that run again a couple years ago. I did it for 5+ years straight and every single time someone got hurt or EVEN DIED on that run. Personally I put a lot of it on the 'Rectum' factor, but there's just too many punks that show up for that thing trying to make it into a 'Cannonball Run'. Now, if we're the first out I won't have much to worry about in front of me so we can actually do it with a little common sense. Also, they have been in the past few years giving the route out to the all the police so you have to watch what you're doing ALL THE TIME. I might...just might...be in if we can leave as early as possible.

I have only done the ride the past two years. The first year someone went down but it was caused by a cage. He didn't get hurt and rode the bike back. Last year it was raining for half of the run and no one went down. I think the "rectum" factor has changed since I have been riding with this group. For some reason he has been okay with me being out front so things have been tamed down. I'm only riding an old completely stock 600 so high speeds are not where I ride. I guess I don't ride slowly but I don't take chances when I feel responsible for others following me. If someone with a 1000 should decide to take off up front I'm sure he would go after them but if I won’t follow at least the main group should stay safer. I understand how easy it is for people to get sucked into ramping it up when someone starts riding aggressively and that it feeds upon itself which usually leads to all the bad stuff you’re referring to. I try to ride fast enough to keep people from being bored but I don't take chances that would suck others into danger.