parents who ride...

socaln8tv

as parents of three young kids, i can't ignore my concern about dh and I riding together. about two years ago, i stopped nagging dh about riding his superhawk, and now, im actually "on his team" so to speak, so we can enjoy ourselves doing a hobby we can both really get into together. It's great fun. but the haunt/fear is still there. any other married couples in same boat with some solid advice?

on a lighter note, one thing im just learning about is the silly politics between the riders', i.e. cruisers vs. crotch rockets, which i think is hillarious and infantile. i hope to ride both and appriciate the spirit and essence of both riding styles. I personally like the cool relaxed sytle of the cruiser, but the sexy allure of a crotch rocket is hard to resist.... yeah, they are hot. my hope is do supermoto but that won't get me far from home! lol

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battle will probably go on for another 20 years until the current crop of HD riders dies off. The ones that associate HD with a Hell's Angels image (back when they were actually a gang?) and of course fierce (and blind) brand loyalty.

1) I don't care if you think I don't ride a "real bike"

2) Yes my leather are hot, that's what I told the last million people

Oh and another thing, let's let the term "crotch rocket" die already.

After bike night I am really in the mood to bash some HD riders :lol:

Why I love my bike...

It's comfy enough to "cruise" for hours on end..

it's sporty enough to take corners faster than I have the guts to push it...

it's enough of a sport bike for what I need, and enough of a cruiser for what I need

the only downside is all the complaining my g/f does during, and after the long rides. :dunno: I just turn up the stereo

CrotchRocket = nono...lol Sportbike = YES!

That CR term is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

You seem like a woman with a good head on her shoulders Socal. My wife doesn't ride, but she is always a nervous wreck when I'm out on my bike and gets very pissed if I forget to text her or call her mid ride or when I get to where I'm going.

i agree, i wish their was a better term than crotch rocket. can i just use "sports bike" instead? i need some pc terminology for this site! ps. thank you for your reply. ive been "educated" by dh , ironically verbatim in innuendo to your explanation of the reasons. i still want to ride both for different reasons. are there more like me out there?? i think ive seen a few.

bikes a bike.. just enjoy riding..

as much as harley guys knock on sport bikes.. the same goes the other way...

there are more sportbike guys than i expected to knock on cruisers or touring bikes.

they think its all about speed and handling..

its about enjoying riding .. and thats it.

but in every aspect of life youll have the same bias opinions, just in different niche

i agree, i wish their was a better term than crotch rocket. can i just use "sports bike" instead? i need some pc terminology for this site! ps. thank you for your reply. ive been "educated" by dh , ironically verbatim in innuendo to your explanation of the reasons. i still want to ride both for different reasons. are there more like me out there?? i think ive seen a few.

They've always been called sportbikes, because that's what they are. CrotchRocket was a retarded term developed by a non-rider or a hater in general. That term is like calling a Corvette an ASSROCKET instead of a sportscar. You see what I'm getting at? ;) The politically correct term is a sportbike.

It's all good, we'll let you slide this time..:lol::p:cool:

Oh also, for the record, I'd love to have a cruiser too. The fastest possible to stretch my legs on and cruise around town on.

as much as harley guys knock on sport bikes.. the same goes the other way...

there are more sportbike guys than i expected to knock on cruisers or touring bikes.

Dude has a point. Sometimes I get a little too caught up in this "war" of opinions between the two factions.

Just ride. I'll wave at ya.

I have both a sport bike and an cruiser. Two totally different but equally fun feels. Which one I ride is dependent on my mood. It's like giving yourself the best of both worlds. I'd also like to add an atv to the collection one day too. It was always fun to go out in the country and to four wheeling. Mark and I are kind of the same with cars. We have the all purpose truck, the commuter car, the sedan, the supercharged sports car, and even an old ass hooptie. We've joked about getting matching exotic cars if we end up not having kids. :D

as parents of three young kids, i can't ignore my concern about dh and I riding together. about two years ago, i stopped nagging dh about riding his superhawk, and now, im actually "on his team" so to speak, so we can enjoy ourselves doing a hobby we can both really get into together. It's great fun. but the haunt/fear is still there. any other married couples in same boat with some solid advice?

on a lighter note, one thing im just learning about is the silly politics between the riders', i.e. cruisers vs. crotch rockets, which i think is hillarious and infantile. i hope to ride both and appriciate the spirit and essence of both riding styles. I personally like the cool relaxed sytle of the cruiser, but the sexy allure of a crotch rocket is hard to resist.... yeah, they are hot. my hope is do supermoto but that won't get me far from home! lol

What does DH mean?