No more motorcycle :(

AOW

Well, as of 16:00 I am no longer in possession of my ride. The transport Co. picked it up, strapped it to a pallet, and drove off into the sunset/humid haze. This whole moving to CA thing is now really starting to sink in. I just met most of you and only had the opportunity to do one group ride (which was a blast) It's been great being able to chat with, drink with, and piss off many if not most of you:D Thanks to all!

eww, why would you want to move to cali? what, you like sun and some of the most beautiful mountain roads in the US within a couple hours (if not less)? GAWD, you're such a suckah!

Well, as of 16:00 I am no longer in possession of my ride. The transport Co. picked it up, strapped it to a pallet, and drove off into the sunset/humid haze. This whole moving to CA thing is now really starting to sink in. I just met most of you and only had the opportunity to do one group ride (which was a blast) It's been great being able to chat with, drink with, and piss off many if not most of you:D Thanks to all!

You just got here didn't you? Why are you leaving? Boo....well be safe and enjoy the wide open roads....

Can I hide in your suitcase...?:p

Pretty sure throwing a Marines woman into a suitcase will get you an M16 enema... so I'm going to say no.

You just got here didn't you? Why are you leaving? Boo....well be safe and enjoy the wide open roads....

Got here from Pit area about 2yrs ago, and got to Pit by way of Cali. Wife's younger sisters all live there, and the wife is feeling all "mother hen" and what not.

Eh' date=' been to California. The country is beautiful. The people are wretched.[/quote']

Agreed, when I lived in Sunnyvale, we lived in an apt for year and a half and never met the neighbors until one day I was carrying up baby furniture to the second floor. Neighbor stopped me at bottom of steps, I put down the dresser, he introduced himself and told me about his restaurant, shook my hand and walked away. Never even offered to help me carry that thing up. Welcomed trade off for the weather and 300 day riding season without rain.

So is the cost of living (in most areas) but the riding will be awesome. :)

Only thing that costs more is housing. Our grocery bill more than doubled when we moved back east, especially in the winter. Most foods come from Cali during the winter and early spring months.

Flight don't leave until June 10th, so I'm still up for a beer or six up 'til then!!!

Little one is fine, nothing major, just that wife decided to wait until 6:30pm to take her in so of course that meant I was missing bike night.

I'll still lurk on this forum, lotta cool folks w/sick sense of humor. I'll be at bike night next week, but in the cage:mad:

Still up for grabbing a beer or six over the weekends though

P.S.: the bike got picked up yesterday (day early since dude was around corner at AMA museum), then about an hour ago my new exhaust parts and my new riding gloves get delivered. The motorcycle gods are pissing on me!!!! Told the wife I may end up buying a bike to hold me over for the next couple of weeks.

Edited by AOW

Got confirmation from the shipping company yesterday. The bike has arrived in Santa Clara, CA, and will be delivered to the dealer on Monday!! that means when I land in CA at 1300 on Wed., I can go pick up the bike and do a quick two or three hundred miles through wine country!!!