2 questions

BikerBoy

Hello peeps

I got 2 questions to ask plz

1. Did the riding boot hurt your feet the first couple of time you wore it ?

2. How low would you guys go on daily ride riding gear ?

I saw a lot of people today riding with no helmet on I-77

and a guy was even riding with shorts shirt, no helmet, and riding with only 1 hand on the grips and the other one was on his thigh......" no comment"

Thanks

I found out on a recent ride that I need not only my helmet and gloves, but also my jacket, regardless of how hot it is. Why? because

Giant country bugs + 80 mph + bare cleavage = :(

Pics? :p But yes, you're correct. Hitting gravel, bugs, flying things in general sucks big time without a jacket.

I go ATGATT at all times. Whole other thread about that.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=27481

Boots didn't bother me when I first got them and don't now. I think it would depend on the boots you have. But I don't know I'm on my first pair of motorcycle specific riding boots. Always wore work boots and hiking boots before.

Riding with one hand on the grips to me isn't a big deal. If you are comfortable with it go ahead. I do this quite often on the freeway and backroads, depending on road conditions, traffic, terrain, ect. The inertia of the bike is going to keep you up unless something goes terribly wrong.:eek:

Edited by Lost1888

As for the one hand on the grip thing, I do that all the time whenever I need to lean up a bit. It takes pressure off of my lower back for a bit, the Ape isn't exactly the most comfortable after about 1.5 hours.

Agreed, full gear, never shorts or even just a shirt. It actually felt weird at the End. class to only have a t shirt on.

As for the hand on the thigh and only 1 on the handle bars, you ll do that if you ride, trust me. Its not that bad.

If you don't skimp on your boots you won't be uncomfortable. For example the Sidis I have flex at the ankle. They take a minute to put on and fasten but once they're on I forget I'm wearing them.

Buy the right stuff and you should be fine, but if it comes down to it I'd rather be a little less comfortable vs risking a broken foot.

See my sig:

Nitro matrix vega boots, are the boots i am talking about, are they too bad to ware? ther aren't flixable at the anckles

and yes I use the bike to commute basivly " i don't ride long distances 'yet'".

Thanks

the boots link

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2009_Vega_Matrix_Boots_Black.jpg

I think that I saw that guy's twin on I-71. I guess they will be future organ donors. Since I have gotten back into riding... it is full gear all the time. Helmet, padded jacket, jeans and boots.

I have people always asking why, but when I tell them stories of the people who I see at accident scenes, they get the picture ( I am a news photogrpaher).

As always, be safe and take care out there!

www.ToBeFast.com Riding Gear

McCoy Motorsports offers a large selection of men's motorcycle riding apparel and ladies motorcycle clothing from top brands like Joe Rocket, Fox Racing, Alpinestars, Icon, Shift, Thor, Speed & Strength, First Gear, MSR, and more at the lowest prices guaranteed! We will beat anybody's price!

Men's Riding Apparel: http://www.tobefast.com/mens-apparel-c-63418.html

Women's Riding Apparel: http://www.tobefast.com/womens-apparel-c-63419.html

Motorcycle Helmets: http://www.tobefast.com/helmets-c-63417.html

Just letting everyone know.....THanks

Team McCoy MotorSports

Ohio Riders Forum Sponsor

www.ToBeFast.com

Phone (606) 432-1556

Sales@tobefast.com

Actually i am not able to spend any :D those were a gift

and is a tennis show better ?

Better for comfort maybe...But prob not better for riding...But I wear a full boot...that is more of a shoe lookin boot...I dunno if that would help at all or not if you were to wreck....

There are SOOO many HD passenger females that I want to show that photo to!! I saw at LEAST half a dozen (just today!) riding on the back of their chubby hubby's harley with flip flops or sandals on.

that is gross. That just helps solidify my thoughts/concerns.

First ride I went out boots and helmet... tshirt.... laid it down when I spazzed out during a turn from stop.... have a nice little rash on my arm....

Now I ride, boots, jeans, leather jacket, helmet and gloves! Rubber down!