Cinci to Boston, ONE DAY!!

VanDy

so it may not be an AMAZING feat by any means, but it was my first long trip, and solo at that, on the DUC! So i am fairly proud of my self! did it in 17 hours, just shy of 900 miles, left at 0800 and got here at 0130 in the morning, bike did great, all accept the back bolt vibrating out of the kick stand, i had an allen key set with me so whenever i stopped i tossed a big allen key in place of the bolt, hey it got me here until i could get to a hardware store! lol, i probly won't have pics until i get back to ohio around mon-tues a week from now, and then they will probly be kinda lame, pla non taking my time a little more on the way back and taking pics of the state welcome signs or something!

I rode 580 miles in 1 day from Cleveland to Deal's Gap with my wife on the back of a Hayabusa. I left at 2pm on Saturday and arrived at the gap at 12:45am. Talking about Baptism under fire I rode the Gap for the 1st time in the dark, rain, 2up & there was a rock slide about half way through.

Did yuma to Cleveland around 2300 miles in 26.5 hours when i was young and dumb on a 1994 Gsxr 750 . NEVER will do that again ..... why they make cruisers :)

My God...

Oh I get it. You're one of those Government experiments. They injected you with drugs, optical implants etc. and "drove" you the whole way like a predator drone.

had to make it home for a funeral , stayed on couch for 2 days watching tv day after funeral . flew back left the bike , could not do it again, didn't have enough leave to make the trip normally.

Nice job, smoother than my first long ride. Left Wilmington at 5:30AM, picked up 3 buddies at 6AM. In Columbus, lost the threaded adjuster for my shifter linkage, which leftt he shifter swingin in the breeze, rode it stuck in 4th gear to Delaware, Oh. Could find no parts to roadside fix. Let the buddies go, rode it back home, swapped out my reaersets for the stock set, ate a sandwhich, left the house again at 12 noon, rode into New Brighton, Ct. at 1:40AM, 985 miles later. Hooked back up with the buddies Got up at 6:30Am, off to Holliston, Ma. picked up a 4th guy rode to Laconia, N.H. The first day was solo and about 2/3's of it was in a moderate to hard rain, sucked. A bird in the chest at around 100mph hurts alot too. And, the expansion joints in the pavement in the dark in New York towards the end of the ride at highway speed also suck. Was a good trip though. Deal's Gap at night is pretty rough.

Did yuma to Cleveland around 2300 miles in 26.5 hours when i was young and dumb on a 1994 Gsxr 750 . NEVER will do that again ..... why they make cruisers :)

Did C-bus to El Paso in about 30. just to get to Cali quicker. in a cage though so it doesnt count. by the way Dont EVAR drive the breadth of texas on 10. It will destroy your mind.

Did C-bus to El Paso in about 30. just to get to Cali quicker. in a cage though so it doesnt count. by the way Dont EVAR drive the breadth of texas on 10. It will destroy your mind.

lol did it after getting married what was it texarcana out elpaso ... might not have been whole state , Killed with the u-haul pulling the cage. after that i took 40 any time i came across.

edited to add . and Texas speed and cops suck. no it wasnt 10 across only at end .... Texas is a bad place to drive

Edited by krzwhtman

26 hours?? dang, that is insane!! i didn't wake until about 2pm sat! in which case my friend introduced me to candle pin bowling, NEW ENGLAND THING REALLY WEIRD! lol, and hit the cheers bar today! had to got some cool pics of Boston, not that I will remember what any of them are later! lol, it was really cool, and gave me lots of time to "clear my head!" lol, plan on taking my time a lot more on the way back and getting some cool pics with the state signs and other scenery along the way! I did take a pic with the bike with a Bostan newspaper dated today, (not that it really proves anything!)

and towards the end, it was 50-75 mile strectches before i had to stop and rest the bum!! lol

that was all mine could handle!! my fuel light comes on about 175miles, so at 150 i would start looking, that lasted about 2 stops! they became progressively closer and closer from there!