Organ Donors - Lifeline of Ohio - Live On. Ride On.

Casper

Are you an organ/tissue donor?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an organ/tissue donor?

• Yes I am
    • No I'm not

Got this email today:

Hello,

My name is Courtney and I am working with the "Live On. Ride On." campaign. I recently found your motorcycling site and thought you and your readers would be interested in what we are doing. "Live On. Ride On." is a campaign reaching out to motorcyclists in Central and Southeastern Ohio. We are working to reclaim the term "organ donor" for motorcyclists. For years, this slang term has been thrown at bikers by individuals who don't understand or appreciate the passion for motorcycling. Our campaign is setting out to change that by reclaiming the phrase and showing the public what an organ donor really is: a hero.

We want motorcyclists to be proud that they're organ donors. We plan to show them the impact they can have by registering in the Ohio Donor Registry and let them know they have the opportunity to live on and ride on by donating life. You can visit the "Live On. Ride On." campaign online at www.lifelineofohio.org/LiveOnRideOn to get more information, see what events we will be at this summer, read organ donor and recipient stories, watch videos, connect with us online and tell us what you think about organ and tissue donation. We hope you will share this information with your readers.

Thanks,

Courtney

www.lifelineofohio.org/LiveOnRideOn

Twitter: @liveonrideon

On the webpage (www.lifelineofohio.org/LiveOnRideOn) there is actually a quote from Nick aka APCh8r. This is a really good cause, and I encourage each of you to sign up and become an organ/tissue donor if you aren't already. And make sure your family knows it's your wish to be an organ/tissue donor so no legal problems arise later.

Lifeline%20Brochure%20Info_Card_FIN-cropped%20version.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! Many of us from OR were a part of the focus group for this. I was just wondering if they were going to reach out to the organization. We even convinced them to do away with their previous logo (as it looked very "Harley-friendly), and just go with the twisty pavement.

I see absolutely NO reason to NOT be an organ doner. If I go down and don't get back up, I hope that every last salvageable part of me goes to someone who needs it...and the rest will probably go to science :D

I hope they do something down here in SW Ohio. I would definitely do it. I received an organ(cornea) when I was 4 1/2 or so, and whenever I'm asked if I am, I proudly say ABSOLUTELY. Seems like a great cause, and I hope there is some good representation from OR at any events this summer.

I am a donor because what the hell am I gonna do with my parts if my body doesn't work anymore? I mean what better way to live on than to save another life? I would definitely be up for supporting this cause.

i've heard too many horror stories. so i am no longer a donor

like what? they take them and don't give them back to you. you don't need them anymore anyway.

i'm a donor and i have been since i turned 16...if something happens to me they might as well give it to someone that it can help.

I have seen the impact first hand that donation can have on lives. Sometimes families find solace when they have to withdraw life support on a patient in that their loved one will continue to "live on" in someone else or that something good can come out of something so terrible such as the loss of a loved one. LOOP is a wonderful organization and I am a donor for this reason!!

i've heard too many horror stories. so i am no longer a donor

He is right, but you can and should specify what your body can be used for. Giving your body to "science" can mean your body becomes a testing ground for military armor or weapons, or you could become a crash test dummy, or you may end up decomposing in a plastic bag to further our CSI knowledge. It's gross but you can read all about it in the book Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach.