New boots

RSVDon

w00t! New boots. Got myself a set of Sidi Vertigo's slightly used for $160. They look, feel, and smell brand effing new. :)

Little weird on the bike compared to the usual work boots but they feel great and they are still livable when standing and walking around.

Also tried on a set of Held Thrux gloves, damnit....guess I'll be buying those soon. Very nice gloves.

ea79b44f604c75d0e3324f2e97b5927d.jpg

Those things are definitely the way to go. Bought a pair new at the Pony over the winter and they've been worth every penny. I've found that sticking a pair of insoles in them really helps with the off-bike comfort; without my insoles I can only tolerate them for short trips into a gas station or something, but with a pair of em in the boots I can wander about all day in total comfort :)

w00t! New boots. Got myself a set of Sidi Vertigo's slightly used for $160. They look, feel, and smell brand effing new. :)

Little weird on the bike compared to the usual work boots but they feel great and they are still livable when standing and walking around.

Also tried on a set of Held Thrux gloves, damnit....guess I'll be buying those soon. Very nice gloves.

ea79b44f604c75d0e3324f2e97b5927d.jpg

I picked up a pair of the Corsa on closeout and they have been very nice once I got used to them. I also picked up a pair of the Held Nero gloves and l absolutely love them. Good luck on getting the Thrux.

now that you've got a good boot, it will feel funny while riding if you're wearing anything other than a boot

Yeah, probably. The only annoying thing is that my frame sliders actually hit the front of the boot when I hook my feet below the levers. Doh! Oh well.

can you adjust your (foot) shift lever to help with clearance at all?

Nope, just an eccentric lever. That's it. Look at the frame right where the polished part stops. Then you'll see why they bump. Fortunately it doesn't hinder my movement. Just touches when I get into a position to cruise on the highway.

DSC03270.jpg

Is your foot in one piece with all the skin still on and no broken bones?

BTW, looks like it takes an engineering degree to put those Puma's on, damn!

puma_1000v2_yel_LG.jpg

Damn, wasn't Spock wearing those when he flew down the side of that cliff and saved Kirk?

WTF? Are these baller or fairy?

bcbc812c5c1f49dc68a8ba37c29b882a_rough.jpg

No damn way Sidi produced something that ridiculous. They dont even look like that good of riding gear; their Streetburner short boots have to offer 3x the protection than those things.

That looks like the type of riding boot you'd see some tool wearing on his stretched, painted, and LED'd out Busa while cruising High Street on a Friday night whist wearing his oversized Icon jacket and Oakley's at 11 at night :|