Canton area ride this weekend... ?

curby

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday we hit Rt.83, 78, a few connecting roads full of gravel(not fun), followed by Rt.555, then onward to Rt.26 followed by Rt.800 back home. That's the longest I have ever been on a motorcycle, and all of it was twisties. Time to relax today...

I made it back to Lorain in one piece...almost got popped by one time on 90, but a Harley took one for the team. :)

GREAT ride. I loved 164. I can't wait to ride it again. Thanks Hailwood for leading the way...the pace was what I expected, and we kept the group together. I'd ride with any of you guys again.

I was home by 2:50, ok I broke off early and only live 7 miles from the gas stop but I had fun and if you guys want to do a longer route and take some different roads so time in the future I'm game.

Yeah, definitely. I'd be really interested in heading down further South sometime to check out some other roads.

The Speedie's comfortable enough to go all day :)

Yeah. Good times guys. Nice to meet some new people. Definitely have to do it again.

Inya-Lorain huh. I actually was raised in Lorain. My Mom and stepfather still live there. I make it out that way every now and then.

Great time today fellas! Even if you guys had to wait for the cruiser at stop signs LOL. I'm sure inya was takin easy on since he didn't know the roads.

I'd love to do it again but next time let's try to get another cruiser or two for me to ride with :)

Yeah. Good times guys. Nice to meet some new people. Definitely have to do it again.

Inya-Lorain huh. I actually was raised in Lorain. My Mom and stepfather still live there. I make it out that way every now and then.

That's where I've been for the last 13 years. I didn't grow up in Ohio though. I wish I could move further east, but my kids were born here ...divorce...wash, rinse, repeat.

Let me know anytime you come in town..we'll hook up. In a non-sexual way.

Great time today fellas! Even if you guys had to wait for the cruiser at stop signs LOL. I'm sure inya was takin easy on since he didn't know the roads.

I'd love to do it again but next time let's try to get another cruiser or two for me to ride with :)

There was a guy on here with a cruiser that I've ridden with before..not in the twisties though. BlueShark? I can't remember his name.

Anyways..the wait comes with the game. I would never leave someone I was riding with behind (unless he deserved it :cool:).

This was my first trip with twisties at 70mph+ crazy.. metro parks will never be the same...

im gonna load up some pics

I suck..forgot my sorry camera.

Pics or it didn't happen!!

Rt.164 is great for a quick fix if you live in the area but southern Ohio is where your skills will be challenged. It kills your whole day to ride down but what a trip.

I agree...but 164 is my kinda road. S. Ohio has the best roads..but I would ride 164 again in a heart beat. It's much closer than S. Ohio for me. And I did 555 a month ago...and the only part I really enjoyed was the last 20 miles. The first 40 is gravel city and it's hard to enjoy the ride unless you've been on it a couple of times. The first time up and down is so technical and blind in a lot of areas, that I'm willing to bet the majority of average riders wouldn't enjoy it. It's a great road for experienced riders, but it isn't kind to novice or most average riders...mainly because of the gravel. That being said, S. Ohio has a million roads to choose from that blow 555 away.

Was an amazing ride my life will never be the same thanks to 164...

I tried with all my might to keep up but man you guys are nuts :eek:

There is a 600 rolling around with a baby strapped to the back. If you think I'm nuts...this guy is certifiable. Wait for it...... wait for it.....

Worrying about being fast or slow is a good way to get into trouble (as I must remind myself again every year).

OH-164 is definitely a 'ride your own pace' kind of road, but honestly, it's good fun at just about any speed.

+9999999

Worry about riding your own pace...not what someone else is doing. I used Hailwood and the other bikes in front of me to gauge the blind corners and elevation changes. I was quick enough to keep them right in front of me...but if they had lost them, I would have slowed it down in the areas where I couldn't see and didn't feel comfortable. Forget the guys in front, I would have just caught up to them and the next turn.

I fixed my corner entrance today.

Was an amazing ride my life will never be the same thanks to 164...

I tried with all my might to keep up but man you guys are nuts :eek:

Never ever......most of the crash happens when people try to keep up.....ride your ride.....it will come.....catch them at the next stop/light/talk it up....my 2 cents.....

Never ever......most of the crash happens when people try to keep up.....ride your ride.....it will come.....catch them at the next stop/light/talk it up....my 2 cents.....

That's what I did, but I did my best on a cruiser.