Anyone gonna ride Saturday (July 21, 2007)

Cleaner

How long you planning on riding for?

I usually go for 6-8hrs with a couple breaks for gas, water, and ass resting. I usually don't start this early though, so I'll go until it gets dark... I don't like riding at night (bad depth perception at night)...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I saw you guys today! I was setting at the Wendy's in Johnstown eating with my family. I didn't know any of you guys were gonna ride today. It was a great day. If I had known I would have met up with you guys and broke in my new GSXR750:). I guess there is next time. Andy

it was great riding with all of you on Saturday... sorry I had to bail early but it happens now and then...Just glad everyone (maybe not everybike) is ok.

I hope we all ride together soon.

Chris

We were in Coshocton on 541 then we took 36 West, From 36 West, we took 79 South.

From 79 South, we took 161/16 West (161 and 16 are the same road)

See Google linky:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...2854&z=10&om=1

Also, you can stay on 79 and it will take you right to 70.

Google Maps are pretty sweet. They let you drag/drop the highlighted route to another route and you can plan your trip this way. They just added this feature a few months ago, I believe.

Yeah details please. I want to go out.

After everybody left to go to their prior engagements for the evening and I got stuck not being let out of KFC's parking lot, then zigged when I should have zagged... I FINALLY met back up with EagledriverDRZ right at rt 60... We took that north from 541... railed some twisties and then got stuck behind about 15 Harleys... We made it to 62, headed west into Danville. From there... where the hell did we go from there? I dunno, don't remember... I was just trying to keep up and keep smooth... ended up in Newark, then parted ways... I continued on for another 150 or so miles solo...

Eagle has a tendency to take off and not look back. When we were leaving Marathon to begin the ride, Eagle starts his bike and pulls off. I'm thinking that he's just going to pull close to the exit of the Marathon and wait for everyone to gather up. I'm putting on my gloves and I see him taking off down Polaris Parkway on that damn DRZ. WTF!?!?! Everyone else was able to follow. I hop on my bike and try to give chase but get caught at the light at I-71... I had no idea where you guys were headed as you were completely out of my sight by then. I weaved in and out of some cars, went really really fast and eventually caught up with you all a few miles later by sheer luck and numerous traffic violations.

Yeah I noticed that... I stayed in the back of the pack and kept watching my mirrors... I figured that if you didn't catch up by the time we hit the first turn off, I'd just wait for you... Next thing you know, you're right beside me.

Dude's pretty fast... Probably much faster than I am... I was keeping up with him in the twisties, but I was pushing myself... I think he was on vacation... LOL...

OOPs...I apoligize...I thought we where all ready to go.I should have taken a look again.It wont happen again...Sorry.Next time im hoping its alittle more organized.

WTF?!?!?! I "organized" it... No worries, I'm just screwing with you. I found you guys so no sweat off my back.

Now Eagle, you got me wanting one of those types of bikes. I didn't know you could roll that fast on one. Can't imagine going off road on one of those things.... Take it on some "sweet jumps." I'd put a power commander III on that thing and have a blast.

Ahhh no worries i just should have known better..(since i was leading the group)

I like to take the rides kinda serious.What i mean is normally we have a group of novice threw expert.I try to maintain the group and we have 1 leader who is respossible. The group follows the leader threw the route they have choosen and while i dont mind guys getting crazy sometimes i try to keep the triple speeds to a minimum..

When Mr bret went down i felt kinda respossible, it was i feel my job to make sure that i comunicated all the dirt,gravel,hazzards in the road to my fellow rider behind me.I to am to blame for trying to go WFO.There for his going down could have been prevented..Im glad we all had a good time and it was great to meet all of you.What i meant from organized is i should have told everyone what i like to do before we left.And i should have made sure we where all together when we left.

To update after we left coshocton we went to 60 took 60 to 62 into danville.Took 62 back to martinsburg and jumped on 586 to 79....Got into newark took 16 home while XB12 jumped on 13....

Would love to take you guys to southern ohio sometime i believe you all would really enjoy it. I knew ya was screwing with its cool...

Anyhow it was a good time,great day..

OOPs...I apoligize...I thought we where all ready to go.I should have taken a look again.It wont happen again...Sorry.Next time im hoping its alittle more organized.

It's coolio yo... Note to everyone... When I say I'm gonna do something... I do it... (like continue the ride especially... :wink:)

Ahhh no worries i just should have known better..(since i was leading the group)

I like to take the rides kinda serious.What i mean is normally we have a group of novice threw expert.I try to maintain the group and we have 1 leader who is respossible. The group follows the leader threw the route they have choosen and while i dont mind guys getting crazy sometimes i try to keep the triple speeds to a minimum..

When Mr bret went down i felt kinda respossible, it was i feel my job to make sure that i comunicated all the dirt,gravel,hazzards in the road to my fellow rider behind me.I to am to blame for trying to go WFO.There for his going down could have been prevented..Im glad we all had a good time and it was great to meet all of you.What i meant from organized is i should have told everyone what i like to do before we left.And i should have made sure we where all together when we left.

To update after we left coshocton we went to 60 took 60 to 62 into danville.Took 62 back to martinsburg and jumped on 586 to 79....Got into newark took 16 home while XB12 jumped on 13....

Would love to take you guys to southern ohio sometime i believe you all would really enjoy it. I knew ya was screwing with its cool...

Anyhow it was a good time,great day..

I agree 100%. I will add that parts of the group ride this past weekend made me uncomfortable due to lack of organization.

I too felt kinda responsible for Bret... It's one thing to separate on roads that everyone is familiar with, but on 'new' roads everyone should stay together, at least for the first pass... These situations are exacerbated when you have such a diverse skill level...

The only good roads in Ohio are down south... Well, there are a couple exceptions I guess (rt 60 was a pleasant surprise)...

Gentleman... Do I smell another group ride? This Saturday?

Perhaps better communication regarding expecations, riding styles, and skill level? If so, I am in. I came into the ride last weekend with many assumptions, mostly stemming from where I come from... like above... my expectations, my riding style, and my skill level.