Anyone gonna ride Saturday (July 21, 2007)

Cleaner

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's coolio yo... Note to everyone... When I say I'm gonna do something... I do it... (like continue the ride especially... :wink:)

I agree 100%. I will add that parts of the group ride this past weekend made me uncomfortable due to lack of organization.

I too felt kinda responsible for Bret... It's one thing to separate on roads that everyone is familiar with, but on 'new' roads everyone should stay together, at least for the first pass... These situations are exacerbated when you have such a diverse skill level...

The only good roads in Ohio are down south... Well, there are a couple exceptions I guess (rt 60 was a pleasant surprise)...

Gentleman... Do I smell another group ride? This Saturday?

Perhaps better communication regarding expecations, riding styles, and skill level? If so, I am in. I came into the ride last weekend with many assumptions, mostly stemming from where I come from... like above... my expectations, my riding style, and my skill level.

I apoligize if people felt the ride was unorganized. Where I'm from, organization for a ride simply means getting everyone at the same meeting place at the same time. I don't mean to be rude or harsh but we're all adults here. And I know personally that if people are going faster than I am comfortable with or are doing things that I am uncomfortable with then I need to slow down and/or turn around. I'm not going to blame anyone else for something that I choose to do. Yes, we should wait on folks but that's what we did. When folks got stopped at lights or when Bret fell. We waited and when he didn't catch up we went back for him. I know MY limitations but I don't know everyone elses. If someone is going to ignore their own limitations just to fit in or keep with the group, then they shouldn't be riding. (btw, I don't think Bret was riding outside of him limitations, I think he just fell. It happens to all of us)

It's coolio yo... Note to everyone... When I say I'm gonna do something... I do it... (like continue the ride especially... :wink:)

I agree 100%. I will add that parts of the group ride this past weekend made me uncomfortable due to lack of organization.

I too felt kinda responsible for Bret... It's one thing to separate on roads that everyone is familiar with, but on 'new' roads everyone should stay together, at least for the first pass... These situations are exacerbated when you have such a diverse skill level...

The only good roads in Ohio are down south... Well, there are a couple exceptions I guess (rt 60 was a pleasant surprise)...

Gentleman... Do I smell another group ride? This Saturday?

Perhaps better communication regarding expecations, riding styles, and skill level? If so, I am in. I came into the ride last weekend with many assumptions, mostly stemming from where I come from... like above... my expectations, my riding style, and my skill level.

As you all knew Bret turned out ok.....I knew i wouldnt be up with you guys on the real twisty roads since i havent really got a chance to try and sling that heavy ass zx12 around till riding with you folks so i wasnt going to go too far ahead of Bret after i passed him. Plus i wasnt familiar with the roads so i had to slow down going on the upside of the road he fell on thats why i was able to see him in my mirror. In addition to the fact that i almost went down exactly where he did just seconds before. Anyone who didnt ride with us you can go to Mapquest and punch in New Guilford, OH and zoom in to see where the incident happened and also how easy one could get into trouble at this intersection and subsequent turn on 541.

I apoligize if people felt the ride was unorganized. Where I'm from, organization for a ride simply means getting everyone at the same meeting place at the same time. I don't mean to be rude or harsh but we're all adults here. And I know personally that if people are going faster than I am comfortable with or are doing things that I am uncomfortable with then I need to slow down and/or turn around. I'm not going to blame anyone else for something that I choose to do. Yes, we should wait on folks but that's what we did. When folks got stopped at lights or when Bret fell. We waited and when he didn't catch up we went back for him. I know MY limitations but I don't know everyone elses. If someone is going to ignore their own limitations just to fit in or keep with the group, then they shouldn't be riding. (btw, I don't think Bret was riding outside of him limitations, I think he just fell. It happens to all of us)

You are right... If I would have felt the ride was out of hand, I would have broke off. You'll note that I rode in the rear most of the ride.

Not right or wrong... It's just your ride ideal, is not the same as mine. I was simply stating some of my expectations. It was an oversight on my part to not initiate the discussion about everyone's expectations. That may not be important to others, but it is for me... making it my responsibility.

As you all knew Bret turned out ok.....I knew i wouldnt be up with you guys on the real twisty roads since i havent really got a chance to try and sling that heavy ass zx12 around till riding with you folks so i wasnt going to go too far ahead of Bret after i passed him. Plus i wasnt familiar with the roads so i had to slow down going on the upside of the road he fell on thats why i was able to see him in my mirror. In addition to the fact that i almost went down exactly where he did just seconds before. Anyone who didnt ride with us you can go to Mapquest and punch in New Guilford, OH and zoom in to see where the incident happened and also how easy one could get into trouble at this intersection and subsequent turn on 541.

I was riding well within my abilities and did not push myself at all until EagledriverDRZ and I were alone. That particular turn had some loose bits that if everyone would have been together, we could have got some advanced warning. Not being familiar with the roads myself, I know it would have helped me negotiate that turn... as I did run a bit wide on it.

That being said, I am not blasting anyone... In fact, there was not one person on that ride that I didn't think was a straight shooter and I wouldn't ride with again. I just want to set clear expecations for what I am looking for and what others are looking for. That way, we all get out of it, exactly what we are looking for.