want to know who can sell your bike better than you? click here

Ron Burgundy

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're on rep discussions...here's my latest

reputation_balance.gifWhy you don't take...

Left @: 07-02-2009 05:32 AM

Comment: find another forum loser

I'm a loser, says the guy up at 5:30AM posting on OR. Apparently you're not cool unless you're up when the rooster crows and on the interwebz - taking them seriously.

:D

That should be easy for you to narrow down JRMMiii. If it's BLUE like that it means the repper is in the negative. If they have negative rep points (in red), then their rep doesn't phase you and it shows up on your side blue. Theres only like 1 or 2 on here probably in red right now that gave you that negative rep man.

No more proposals.. Some shit talking and some giggle inspiring comments lol

giggle inspiring?:lol:

Since we're on rep discussions...here's my latest

reputation_balance.gifWhy you don't take...

Left @: 07-02-2009 05:32 AM

Comment: find another forum loser

I'm a loser, says the guy up at 5:30AM posting on OR. Apparently you're not cool unless you're up when the rooster crows and on the interwebz - taking them seriously.

:D

Hey wait, I was up @ 530. Does that make me cool?

^--- I dunno? Odd.

Sam, you're ok to be up at 5:30AM... you were probably doing something manly like dressing your flock up in womens lingerie while masturbating or something. Not bitching about people on OR.

:lol: Just got done running a train, kinda manly I guess:sheepfucker:

Everyone knows that the store makes money. I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

What stinks on ice here is that a dude is trying to make money on so-called "friends" - after bragging about the "great deal" he got on the bike to start with.

Todd. I remember you vehemently telling me in one of my threads that the price is the price and if I don't like it don't complain. Isn't this the same sort of thing.

That was in the dviant image thread I posted. BTW.

Funny you should chime in here, 'cause as I was reading this thread, you came to mind ;)

I'd heard that bike you bought from Brandon was in worse shape when you got it home & tore apart, than what he'd led you to believe. Something about bent forks IIRC

Care to elaborate? :popcorn:

Yes, the bike I bought from Brandon was "track ready" Well it was missing some key bolts, the forks were pretty messed up (not bent though) and ended up needing a lot of love IMHO. Bike is also not titled or titleable but we won't get into that as it was an advertised fact of the bike. I was a little peaved at first because I really thought this bike was in better condition than it actually was.

However, the bike was advertised also as a previously wrecked WERA raced bike and had an ohlins rear shock, penske fork internals, a full Ti akropovic exhaust, woodcraft rear sets and clip ons, vortex 520 chain and sprockets, galfer wave rotors, CF front fender and a strong motor. I have finally got this bike in good working order and am now pretty happy with it and for $2500 it was still a reasonable deal in my opinion. May not have been track ready by my standards but it was not an unfair deal. Besides, I could have turned around and drove home after looking at the bike that day as well.

here it is last Sunday. It's looking and riding pretty good at this point. I only wish I could get it out on the street to get more comfortable on it as riding it is vastly different than my monster.

IMG_0431.jpg

I still feel that someone fronting the cash for a bike that is an excellent deal and then advertising it at a profitable price is not wrong. It's up to the consumer to decide with their dollars whether or not the deal is fair. I don't get the big deal.

looking good VW!!! What kind of times did she do at putnam? Thats her home track!

Dude, I borrowed a laptimer from a friend and never even hooked it up. I am so out of shape and stiff after my wreck at mid-oh a few months ago. I got out there and was pretty slow and honestly didn't want to know my times. The bike felt really good though. I am doing physical therapy now to get things in my shoulder and neck loosened up and getting back to working out. Hopefully by the end of the summer I can get to going fast again. I'd be happy if I could get into 1:40s at Mid-OH or 1:20s at putnam.

What kind of times did you run at putnam on this bike? Just curious. I can tell it's capable of going very fast.

Todd. I remember you vehemently telling me in one of my threads that the price is the price and if I don't like it don't complain. Isn't this the same sort of thing.

That was in the dviant image thread I posted. BTW.

Absolutely, the price is the price and you're free to charge what you want for whatever goods or services you deliver.

However, telling people (and friends) you got a "killer deal" on a bike (or anything else), then offering to sell to them for twice as much as you paid for it is shitty.

Of course, some people like to fuck their friends/acquaintances over. THAT shit will come back to you, that's all I was saying.