cmoosego

PARADE and cookout count  

47 members have voted

1. 1. PARADE and cookout count

• coming to parade only
    • coming to cookout only
    • coming to parade and cookout
    • hookers and blow

Well you folks have made a great impression on my Brother Knights... they have asked me to ask you if you would like to join us in the 4th of july parade in Whitehall.... I would like to know how many of you would like to ride in the parade. I was hoping that 12 o'clocker would ride and do some stunting, and that we would have a good mix of bikes cruiser and sporty also to "show off" our diversity... would also like to have 2 bikes to ride out front to carry the O.R. banner... I think it would be a good P.R. move on our part to help get the board out there... so let me know what you think and if you are interested so I can get the ball rolling.... also, even if you don't want to do the parade, you are all invited to the hall afterwards to have a cook out, same as the last one 4217 e. main st whitehall ohio 43213.... if anyone wishes to bring side dishes that would be great too...

so, please post up if you are coming to the parade (meet time at 9 am at the hall) or just the cookout, or both... so I can get an idea of how much food to purchase and how many spots will be filled with bikes... thanks.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to be in the parade on the 4th. Can my daughter also ride in the parade. She is 10 yrs old and rides a TTR 90 with all the gear. She also can ride in groups. She has a friend that also has a TTR 90 I can ask if she wants to ride if it is OK. I will have to find out if my wife has any alternate plans before I can promiose I will be there. I will discuss it with her later today. Sounds like fun

Nick

And I know the Wings lost but Go Wings !!!! they are still a great team.

740-975-4090

Knights?

Do we have to wear green wool tights? :D

(Shameless reference to cheesy TV commercial)

Hmmm...

4217 e. main st whitehall ohio 43213....

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=4217+e.+main+st+whitehall+ohio+43213&ie=UTF8&ll=39.945805,-82.831764&spn=0.145554,0.270538&z=12&iwloc=A

Ahhh! Knights of Columbus, so no green wool tights then. There's a relief!

Sounds like fun, so what all is going on there? Besides a Parade and some grub?

I didn't know the KoC were into bikes. Shriners I have heard of.

3848592_1d0abce5ca.jpg?v=0

What kind of parade is it going to be?

A serious one or a spoof kinda parade like the Shriners clown parade?

What kinda bikes will be in the parade?

181962088_cf007e3a03.jpg?v=0

Ok, no smart remarks about the bike in the sig please!

It is bigger than the one in the picture above and my feet aren't anywhere near that big!

Edited by Strictly Street

I would like to be in the parade on the 4th. Can my daughter also ride in the parade. She is 10 yrs old and rides a TTR 90 with all the gear. She also can ride in groups. She has a friend that also has a TTR 90 I can ask if she wants to ride if it is OK. I will have to find out if my wife has any alternate plans before I can promiose I will be there. I will discuss it with her later today. Sounds like fun

Nick

And I know the Wings lost but Go Wings !!!! they are still a great team.

740-975-4090

absolutely!!!! the more family the merrier... and please tell them about the cookout after also...

Knights?

Do we have to wear green wool tights? :D

(Shameless reference to cheesy TV commercial)

Hmmm...

4217 e. main st whitehall ohio 43213....

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=4217+e.+main+st+whitehall+ohio+43213&ie=UTF8&ll=39.945805,-82.831764&spn=0.145554,0.270538&z=12&iwloc=A

Ahhh! Knights of Columbus, so no green wool tights then. There's a relief!

Sounds like fun, so what all is going on there? Besides a Parade and some grub?

I didn't know the KoC were into bikes. Shriners I have heard of.

3848592_1d0abce5ca.jpg?v=0

What kind of parade is it going to be?

A serious one or a spoof kinda parade like the Shriners clown parade?

What kinda bikes will be in the parade?

181962088_cf007e3a03.jpg?v=0

Ok, no smart remarks about the bike in the sig please!

It is bigger than the one in the picture above and my feet aren't anywhere near that big!

your bike... so decorate it however you'd like... I planned on having at least 30 spots for different bikes... if someone wants to ride mine, (as I will be playing with the pipes and drums band) I was planning on rigging a 3x5 american flag on a pole to it somehow....

I was hoping that 12 o'clocker would ride and do some stunting, and that we would have a good mix of bikes cruiser and sporty also to "show off" our diversity...

would also like to have 2 bikes to ride out front to carry the O.R. banner...

also, even if you don't want to do the parade, you are all invited to the hall afterwards to have a cook out, same as the last one 4217 e. main st whitehall ohio 43213....

if anyone wishes to bring side dishes that would be great too...

so, please post up if you are coming to the parade (meet time at 9 am at the hall) or just the cookout, or both... so I can get an idea of how much food to purchase and how many spots will be filled with bikes... thanks.

The parade would start when?

The cookout would start when?

I should have read this a little closer before posting my last comment.

So, you want Ohio Rider people to ride in the parade itself?

So the KoC does not have it's own bikes, but wishes to add ours to the parade?

As in 2mph formation riding?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just not getting what is going on past the food part, missed lunch, might have something to do with it.

meet at the hall around 830- 9 am, coffee n doughnuts provided, the parade starts at 10 a goes till 1 or so ..... I'll be at the hall around 130 to start cooking food, as usual beers will be $1.75 and mixed drinks top out at $3.50 food provided will be burgers and dogs, side dishes would be appreciated...

Thanks ... My girl Kayla loves parades. Not sure about the cook out as of yet. I would like to stop by for a while but not sure if we will stay to eat. i will let you know later tomorrow.

Nick

I have to ask if Kayla's freind can make it. i will let you know about that as well tomorrow.

I will also so if I can muster up a few more bike riders...

bump... still need to know how many ppl to expect.. 5 people in the parade and only 1 other then myself to come to the cookout... I have spots for 30 bikes.... 5 is gonna look pretty lame...

Edited by cmoosego

Picked up the banner from carrie n ben today... gonna build the float on monday.....we are gonna have announcers and everything, and I've heard the TV stations are sending camera crews to film it... would be cool to have 30 bikes on tv... and the name recognition....

around 930 a.... then we sit for maybe half an hour while the organizers get the lineup set....

OK just wanted to see how much time I would have before you left the hall.

I can't come up Friday, so I'm gonna have to leave early on Saturday to make it. So I' still tossing it around right now.

bump.... this is next saturday folks.... need to know who's in....

so far it's

ben & carrie

Mandie

Vrod dave

yota (maybe)

ol' springer (maybe)

myself (in a kilt)

If someone has been missed please post up... And we really could use some more bikes for the parade, 5 is gonna look pretty lame for a group that represents the whole state...

Edited by cmoosego