FI error -C46....finally got a code! Help please?!? :)

PrincessPratt

I'm sure most of you read my other thread from over a week ago with the stalling issues. We were unable to pull the code last Sunday. I went for a short ride today and my FI light came on immediately. I pulled this code -C46. It looks like from other forums discussing this code it's an exhaust control valve. Does anyone know if this is right and if so should I finally take it into a deal or is this an easy fix? :confused:

You just made me LOL. Thank you! hahaha.

Anyhoo, does anyone know if this is the actual diagnosis that goes with this code? I can't find my owner's manual and I'm not sure if that's even in there.

google says yes that is the diag that goes with that code. google also said to cut the #30 wire underneath your seat and to remove the set/actuator cables while you are at it.

I dont have a book on ur year. But i know a couple newer gsxrs that have had that problem. Go outside get some wd-40 and spray the little valve then turn the bike on/off a couple times to let the lube work its way in and BAM its done.

its directly under and to the left of where your right foot goes. Its got 2 cables on it and its built into ur exaust. if u turn the key on u will see it move. WD is a temporary solution,but it will get you by for a little while. THIS IS NOT HARMFULL TO UR BIKE!!! Its just annoying lol.