Help choosing a 600

Bigbird

Dont worry about a little neg rep. The internets is serious bizness afterall.

Get the bike that is most comfortable to you as they are all pretty close in handling and power.

Just try not to launch it across sancus, OK cowboy? :D

Dont worry about a little neg rep. The internets is serious bizness afterall.

Get the bike that is most comfortable to you as they are all pretty close in handling and power.

Just try not to launch it across sancus, OK cowboy? :D

Haha reasons I'm laughing about it, I've got a pretty light hearted approach to all things interwebz.

And did you really have to go there!? :o Haha that was definitely my shining moment on (off?) a motorcycle. I've since taken the MSF course, and the first place I plan on taking this new bike is a wide open parking lot to practice some low speend maneuverability and clutch control. Haha but thanks for looking out!

In all honesty I've only ridden my Interceptor like 5 times. My cousin was trying to help me adjust the carbs and he turned the wrong screw...or something, and now the throttle is all jacked. Since I've been riding around on an R6, I feel a lot more comfortable going to my own 600...well 636 in this case. I will definitely be out as much as possible, I ride just about every chance I get.

• 1 month later...

I liked CBR but I liked GSXR better. Did not test ride a 636 and not a big fan of R6(too small for me 6'4 205lbs and ride not as good as my gixxer). As somebody else said, go to a dealership sit on your choice of bikes, select 2,3 models you feel comfortable on and then go to Craigslist (or anyother web portals) and test drive few and select THE ONE

Forget the 600...you too tall and you will look ridiculous on it ....I am 6'2" and I always rode big bore bikes.

Aside from the cool factor.....you're going to get tired of having people passing you by...you're going to get bored of of it and looking to upgrade in a year or two.

If I were you , there are lots of 900/1000/ and up sport bikes out there and you can buy a very good one and stay within your budget. The economy is bad for a lot of people and they need to unload lots of toys.

Also not to mention that going fast on a 600 feels terrifying compared going at the same speed on a larger bike.

So ...look around and since you look like you have been riding for a while, don't settle for a 600 or 750.....get with the program and got get yourself some big onions.

either way ...good luck !!

im the almost the same size 6 ft 180ish the cbrs felt a little thin to me, the r6's felt like i was more on top of the bike, the gsxr feel wider and into the bike so thats what i went with both of mine. Never rode a 636 sat on a few didnt mind them. but thats just my worthless 2 pennies

Forget the 600...you too tall and you will look ridiculous on it ....I am 6'2" and I always rode big bore bikes.

Aside from the cool factor.....you're going to get tired of having people passing you by...you're going to get bored of of it and looking to upgrade in a year or two.

If I were you , there are lots of 900/1000/ and up sport bikes out there and you can buy a very good one and stay within your budget. The economy is bad for a lot of people and they need to unload lots of toys.

Also not to mention that going fast on a 600 feels terrifying compared going at the same speed on a larger bike.

So ...look around and since you look like you have been riding for a while, don't settle for a 600 or 750.....get with the program and got get yourself some big onions.

wow... ur a fucktard...

:wtf: What does someone who looks like they have been riding awhile look like?

WOW, worst advice ever on OR.

So ...look around and since you look like you have been riding for a while

How did you arrive at that conclusion? Magic 8 ball?

From Apr 23rd, 2009

Well I've heard about this site over on CR a time or two, and I finally got my temps for my bike, tags and all that jazz. So being that it's gorgeous out today, I gear up and head to work. Not even 20 feet from the exit of my complex...I go down haha. I let the clutch out too fast while trying to turn, and definitely wasn't leaning enough either. Soooo I bailed. I did a pretty nifty little roll if I do say so myself, and popped right back up on my feet to wave at the DOZENS of people stopped on Sancus watching me...I was more embarassed than anything, well now I'm pretty sore.

Not busting on you BigBird, we all go through that phase (maybe minus the ninja roll). Ignore this dude, unless you want advice on what not to do.

LOL! Thanks man. I do absolutely LOVE my bike. I haven't even begun to tap its potential, so I'm 100% confident that it'll keep me interested for years to come. I'm not about all out speed anyway, in reality I can't wait to get track gear and do a track day. Might take a while because of funds, but some day.

LOL! Thanks man. I do absolutely LOVE my bike. I haven't even begun to tap its potential, so I'm 100% confident that it'll keep me interested for years to come. I'm not about all out speed anyway, in reality I can't wait to get track gear and do a track day. Might take a while because of funds, but some day.

:plus1: for track days.

• 1 month later...