Anyone know how to track a stolen phone?

Tomcat0403

Someone stole my phone, FROM THE SHOP, yesterday around 5-5:30. I know what the guy looks like cause he came in a looked at bikes for fifteen minutes or so. I know it was stolen now because i looked up my call usage online and three or four calls have been made and i called those numbers and those people picked up and i talked to them. All of them agreed to help me out (dont know if they will or not) but it's progress. also i sent a text to the phone telling the guy that if he brought it back to the shop, no harm, no foul.

Anyways, Verizon is reluctant to help me, so does anyone know how to get a GPS fix on my phone or at least know how to find the cell tower he has called from? It's a long shot but maybe some whiz kid can figure it out. It's a Blackberry Storm btw.

Someone stole my phone, FROM THE SHOP, yesterday around 5-5:30. I know what the guy looks like cause he came in a looked at bikes for fifteen minutes or so. I know it was stolen now because i looked up my call usage online and three or four calls have been made and i called those numbers and those people picked up and i talked to them. All of them agreed to help me out (dont know if they will or not) but it's progress. also i sent a text to the phone telling the guy that if he brought it back to the shop, no harm, no foul.

Anyways, Verizon is reluctant to help me, so does anyone know how to get a GPS fix on my phone or at least know how to find the cell tower he has called from? It's a long shot but maybe some whiz kid can figure it out. It's a Blackberry Storm btw.

yeah typically the GPS isnt activated like that unless 911 is dialed or you have some kid tracker software installed. You say VZW won't help you???? Did you tell them the phone was stolen? They should have immediately frozen the account. Call the PoPo, maybe vzw can track it with a warrant??

i think you have to at least get the ESN from the phone to triangulate position based on cell tower. even after you have that, ive only heard that the provider can help. i'd disconnect the phone. it will still get signal and should be able to get its position still. at least then he cant use it or sell it because the ESN will be dirty.

my wife bought a phone on craigslist a week ago. i tell her have verizon on the phone when you buy it to check the ESN. ESN is good they tell her. turns out to be still activated and we can't use it unless we use this other guys minutes. really turns out to be stolen/lost. Some kid left it in h is buddies car, his buddy starts using it, his crackhead dad decides he needs to reup his coke habit and sells it on craigslist. my wife tracked the orginal owner of the phone and he said he's afraid to tell his mom it's lost/stolen. SOOOO, my wife calls verizon and tells them what is goin on and they tell her they can't do anything until the phone is deactivated. she then calls akron PD and makes a report. they say they can't do anything either since it's not technically stolen or report. WTF, so i'm stuck with a phone i can't use until it's deactivated.

i thought about running the bill up with ringtones and apps till they shut it off, but it can come back on me since they know i have it. or just use it with jim bob number...

i love life.

i thought about running the bill up with ringtones and apps till they shut it off, but it can come back on me since they know i have it. or just use it with jim bob number...

i love life.

That won't work either, if the bill has an outstanding balance when they shut it off vzw wont activate it. Stops the crackheads from getting a phone using it to death never pay the bill let it get turned off and selling it, free phone plus get paid! Well it doesnt stop them from doing it, it just fucks the people who buy it....

the thing is, it's added onto his mothers line. once she gets a bill she will find out it's stolen, have the phone shut off and pay it.

i tried getting onto verizon, making account and activationg another phone i had, but he is not the primary account holder. so that screwed me. only primaries can upgrade or activate phones.... grrrr

Update, the guy who stole it sold it to another guy who answered when i called him. he is right now following the guy and trying to get his money back and is meeting me at five to give me my phone back (hopefully). The guy who stole it lives in Obtez and his name is Brian, drives a black Caviler, black rims, tinted windows, and has the license plate ACE 828. I'll keep everyone updated on how this goes.

IMHO, more trouble then its worth. Have it turned off and buy a new one. And don't leave the new one laying around! :)

Update, the guy who stole it sold it to another guy who answered when i called him. he is right now following the guy and trying to get his money back and is meeting me at five to give me my phone back (hopefully). The guy who stole it lives in Obtez and his name is Brian, drives a black Caviler, black rims, tinted windows, and has the license plate ACE 828. I'll keep everyone updated on how this goes.

:popcorn:

chris, keep your gun at home... your knife is ok. :D

I have data on there that should not be out in the open....(not pics) numbers and things from my unit.
'

If you have Personally Identifiable Information (PII) on there from anyone other then you, you are required by law to report that to your Boss or whoever is in charge of you as it may need to get reported even higher.

PII is SS#, military ID#, records of certain sorts, name address CC#, Anything military related that is not public information, etc.

I say talk to one of the cops on the board to track the licence plate down to an address, then you call me and we go to his house and kick his ass, then call the cops and have him arrested for assaulting one of us.... then when he gets out on bail find him again and do it all over again...