Let's start posting these near businesses...

Likwid

This is not true, banks are private property. They have the option to post or not post just like Walmart. It is just a simple trespass if asked to leave and you refuse.

Better double check that, I was under the same impression for a while. It is my understanding that there is specific wording for "financial institutions" or perhaps FDIC insured banks, etc. I never bothered to double check since I firmly believe it is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six, but I am MUCH more careful not to show my piece in a bank now.

if you're professional about it, and (more importantly) keep it hidden, I doubt much would happen. If someone does notice it, how do they distinguish you from an off duty police officer or federal, etc?

more..

Carrying in a private CPZ is not a criminal activity. IF you are caught carrying and are asked to leave it is civil trespassing. If you refuse' date=' it is criminal trespassing.

Restaurants, bars and the like aren't 'civil trespass' because there are laws regulating carry in those establishments. That makes them 'criminal trespass' and bad things happen after that. Hopefully, that will change soon.[/quote']

I'd say that 99% of the time that anyone would know that you are carrying is when something happens and you have to pull your firearm out. In that case, if you use it, it will be unlawfully, even though you have the right to defend yourself.

So by carrying in a CPZ, you will be screwed either way.

I've gone over that scenario millions of times. The reason you carry is to protect yourself, but if something were to happen in a CPZ establishment, what would you do? I know that if my (or my families) life were in danger what I'd do. But I'd have to be ready to do some time in jail.

Best solution is to stay away from those places.

I've gone over that scenario millions of times. The reason you carry is to protect yourself, but if something were to happen in a CPZ establishment, what would you do? I know that if my (or my families) life were in danger what I'd do. But I'd have to be ready to do some time in jail.

Best solution is to stay away from those places.

^^Agreed, but I'm gonna quote something I heard on "shooting from the hip" talk radio show a few weeks ago...

"I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6"