Putnam - Aug. 2nd

spoon32

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trade for urs! Unless urs is really used then we will talk about prices there. I am not 100% sure i still have my 43 though lol. I know i have a 44. I will look.

Ok, take a look and let you know what I have...I can't remember the brand. It was new as of this season, so maybe 1,500 miles or so?

ok i'm not gonna lie. the junkies re notorious for being late and as i have been working on the damn bike all night ididnt get to load much in the trailer. we are schedlued to roll out at noon from brandons but in the event that it doesnt happen, ya'll might beat us up there... if that happens, you can get the sites still just tell them i will be paying for them when i get there and they will be cool. they love us crazy racers so it wont be a big deal.

anyone has any problems, questions, or conccerns just call me

apch8r has my number

ok i'm not gonna lie. the junkies re notorious for being late and as i have been working on the damn bike all night ididnt get to load much in the trailer. we are schedlued to roll out at noon from brandons but in the event that it doesnt happen, ya'll might beat us up there... if that happens, you can get the sites still just tell them i will be paying for them when i get there and they will be cool. they love us crazy racers so it wont be a big deal.

anyone has any problems, questions, or conccerns just call me

apch8r has my number

Good to know.... I suddenly dont feel so rushed.

sweet everyone made it out ok i take it?! heard ananda had an offroad adventure at the same spot that Theresa did.. and Jess wasnt that the same turn you had fun at?! :p

hahaha putnam is a fun place to have offraod excursions apparently :D

glad to hear everyone had a good time and cant wait til next weekend!!!!

ahh deadbear. what a turn. i was terrified of that turn all day. just could not get the entry speed down! but i was seriously working at getting 1,2, and 3 down. going into turn 1 hot at over 100 is pretty fucking sweet! advanced group was great. way better than intermediate!

hahaha putnam is a fun place to have offraod excursions apparently :D

glad to hear everyone had a good time and cant wait til next weekend!!!!

no shit.. now i must begin planning for next weekend now!! E, ii am still trying for a bigger generator. I dont think i will have any problem getting you warmers but generators are few and far between unless monger doesnt take his this weekend. I'll ask him when i see him on tuesday

The bustop aggravates me.. I feel like i get it wrong every lap!

I talked in length with Mike about that course last night. He says it sounds exactly like a course designed for cars. Turns 1, 2, and 3 made NO sense to me on the bike and the bus stop, whatever turn number that was, is maddening....

There were no reference points and I often had a feeling of 'wait, where am I?' because every turn kinda looked the same. Overall, I'm glad I experienced it, though!

yeah 1,2,3, you really have to turn hard into 1 from waaaaaay on the outside. shoot right for the candystripes before two drop in at the end of those and ride the inside to 3 set up for the switch on 4 and power through.. it took me a session or two to really get the speed up there!(worked well for me atleast!) and the bus stop 7... ugh... still felt like i was always comming in to hot there

It is a car course thats for sure. yes the bus stop is annpying as hell.

i didn't understand turn 1 until i had been to grattan backwards. I finally understand that you can be full throttle throught 1 and carry all that speed into 2. I think 3 is just a fun setup for 4. Grattan helped me understand that because the turn at the end of the straight is super fast too...

I talked in length with Mike about that course last night. He says it sounds exactly like a course designed for cars. Turns 1, 2, and 3 made NO sense to me on the bike and the bus stop, whatever turn number that was, is maddening....

yeah its def. a track designed for the car users. the turn 1,2, and 3 complex is designed to be a decreasing radius turn for a car, but it def. doesnt happen with a bike. i really wan to go around the place in a car one day, and i want to take the chicaine at the top of big bear on the bike one day as well. but i dont know if that will happen. and the bus stop would be a fun turn to take in a car as well, it would still be a nuescence trying to get around it but its one of those corners that really teach you throttle control.

The track was built for car testing exclusively in the day. But as cars got faster and better handling, they started testing other places where they actually ran. My dads run there before a few times in a car when he was my age...

It's an interesting course and I def. would say I would need to run it several timeS(2 day event) to really get a handle on it.

PS I hate the bus stop. I always rode the short bus anyways.