Back from Utah

Earache

Just got back from 10 days and 5,800 miles of riding west to Utah and back. I still have sweaty balls from the 106F temps and 70% humidity in Wichita on the way back, but a little talcum powder and I'll recover.

Now, on with the pics to bore the socks off of you guys...

Three hours before leaving and the ST has looked better. Waited until the last second to get it ready with new brakes and tires...

IMG_4681Large.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Met with a couple of friends of mine from Chicago for the trip. A fourth friend from Indy met us in Kansas City on the way out. Hit up the Jack Stack BBQ on the way out for some grub and beers.

Joe at Jack Stack...

IMG_4687Large.jpg

A nice light beer before dinner...

IMG_4688Large.jpg

and then wailed on some beef tips and chicken...

IMG_4693Large.jpg

Next morning and we saddled up at the QT Mart. Looks like rain today - but we only got pissed on a little bit anfd saw lightning all day...

IMG_4699Large.jpg

Joe's girlfriend loves QT Mart. Here she is walking behind Joe...

IMG_4698Large.jpg

We humped all day on the second day of the trip to get to Dillon, Colorado for the night. Just west of Denver in the mounatins, we arrived at the sleepy little town in the midst of their 4th of July celebration. Crowded as shit on the lake beach with people watching the fireworks...

IMG_4702Large.jpg

IMG_4703Large.jpg

IMG_4701Large.jpg

IMG_4707Large.jpg

Being the boy geniuses that we are, we figured the bars uptown would be empty, so off we went to Pug Ryan's Brewery for some grubbage...

IMG_4713Large.jpg

IMG_4714Large.jpg

Burgers weren't bad but the beer sucked dog balls. Had to kill the burger with pepper to give it some taste.

Deeeee-luxe rooms at the Best Western ran us about $140 per room. Place smelled like pee and old people, which kinda smell the same now that I think about it. Ahh well, we're only here to sleep and then heading west early tomorrow....

IMG_4715Large.jpg

IMG_4709Large.jpg

We did get to see a horse riding a horse though. Don't see that every day...

IMG_4710Large.jpg

Brad and I got up at 4:00 AM in order to hump it over to Gateway (250 miles) for breakfast. Meeting my wife and sisiter / bro in law there for a few days and we wanted to get there early to hang out. Joe and Landon slept in and will meet us there later in the day.

Froze our asses off at 0400 with a brisk 39F ride through the hills. Arrived around 8:00 AM and checked out my digs for the next couple of days. Wifey snagged a suite for us with a private hot tub. Pretty nice...

IMG_4759Large.jpg

IMG_4760Large.jpg

IMG_4767Large.jpg

IMG_4772Large.jpg

IMG_4769Large.jpg

Pool area was out the front door...

IMG_4775Large.jpg

Edited by Earache

Gateway had an Army display over at the car museum. Locals had restored some vehicles and other cool stuff from Army days gone by...

IMG_4731Large.jpg

IMG_4731Large.jpg

IMG_4734Large.jpg

Had an old BSA there..

IMG_4729Large.jpg

IMG_4730Large.jpg

Made it to Bedrock and stopped for drinks at the only store within 100 miles. It's also the only building in Bedrock aside from a couple of sheds....

IMG_4911Large.jpg

IMG_4907Large.jpg

But they do have their priorities right....

IMG_4892Large.jpg

IMG_4893Large.jpg

Landon checks out one of the other buildings....

IMG_4896Large.jpg

IMG_4903Large.jpg

IMG_4901Large.jpg

Headed back to the hotel to go swimming for rest of the day. Just getting too damned hot out to ride.

Joe and I went out to the desert around 1:00 AM for some night time pics. Used an open shutter for 30 seconds and a LED flashlight to "paint" the bikes with light. Full moon gave us light for the surrounding landscapes...

IMG_5044Large.jpg

IMG_5036Large.jpg

Joe rode his R1 past the camera at abvout 45 mph - looks kinda cool. I liked the way the road waslit up...

IMG_5039Large.jpg

IMG_5040Large.jpg

Moon looks like the sun.