Lowered bike

chachi1189

Hey so the 02 Ninja zx9r i just got has been lowered

but its so low that when its just sitting on the kickstand its barely even leaning to the left...i looked up getting another kickstand ($120+) but they are too much money so i want to raise the bike back up

i've only been riding for a year and i dont know enough to be comfortable with doing anything...

can anyone help me out? like swing by my place sometime next week and give me a hand?

i'll compensate a little bit, but i'm strapped for cash so i can't really take it to a repair place or anything (unless i don't want to get a proper fitting helmet, since my current one is too big and its a bit dangerous not having a proper helmet...)

Two option. 1 Cut and reweld the kick stand so it's about 1/2 an inch shorter or 2 find someone who's lowered their Ninja and ask for their old linkage. Might also find a female who wants to lower her bike and just trade linkages?

Edited by buildit

you could also heat it up with some torches and bend it out a little

Gotta be real carefull doing that, most stands are made out of some really cheap metal that's really porus. Plus it can cause the stand to stick out from the frame and become a catch hazard.

Best answer wound seem to be to post a thread asking if anyone is looking to lower their bike and simply swap linkages.;)